General Gem Discussion

"
Exxar wrote:
On a personal level, I can't stand Ground Slam's AoE shape. I have to constantly reposition myself to properly hit mobs with it, while with Cleave I just hack away. So it also offers a nice alternative in that regard.

Same here. I much prefer Cleave's AoE over GS'.
"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than Sweep: can be used with one-handed weapons.

Irrelevant for 2h-weapons.

"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than Ground Slam: can be used with swords and axes.

Ground Slam is still a half ranged attack while Cleave is melee (yes I know it has some AoE-range but compared to Ground Slam it's melee).

"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than both: can be used while dual wielding to strike with both weapons.

I want an fact-build answer why someone who want going with a 2-weapon should use Cleave instead of Sweep/Ground Slam (NO "but if you like axes or swords more!!!!!").
Just the pure facts.
Didn't saw any positive facts for 2h-weapons for Cleave on the last 2 pages.

Sweep: 360° >> 120° from Cleave --- bot get same %-damage from gem
Ground Slam: Ranged >> melee from Cleave
Ground Slam: %-damage on gem >> Cleave gem %-damage
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Jan 28, 2013, 10:55:28 AM
Did the view to hover over a gem that is ready to upgrade and see the new stats (if you upgrade it) go away? I seem to recall being able to see the new Clarity mana requirements, for example, and decide if I wanted to upgrade the gem. This was several months ago before I took a break from closed beta.

That functionality was really useful and helps keep guessing to a minimum.
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than Sweep: can be used with one-handed weapons.

"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than Ground Slam: can be used with swords and axes.

Ground Slam is still a half ranged attack while Cleave is melee (yes I know it has some AoE-range but compared to Ground Slam it's melee).

"
Exxar wrote:
Role it plays better than both: can be used while dual wielding to strike with both weapons.

I want an fact-build answer why someone who want going with a 2-weapon should use Cleave instead of Sweep/Ground Slam (NO "but if you like axes or swords more!!!!!").
Just the pure facts.
Didn't saw any positive facts for 2h-weapons for Cleave on the last 2 pages.

Sweep: 360° >> 120° from Cleave --- bot get same %-damage from gem
Ground Slam: Ranged >> melee from Cleave
Ground Slam: %-damage on gem >> Cleave gem %-damage

So?

Then maybe its place is for dual wield.

Hey, hey, guess what:

Ground slam is irrelevant for dual wield
Sweep is irrelevant for dual wield

So just in your little brain imagine that cleave is disabled for 2h weapons and then think about this issue again.

A skill doesn't have to necessarily be the most effective on every single weapon. If it was, then it would be overpowered, which is why ground slam and sweep are blocked for dual wield.

Also, sweep is slower than cleave.
"
glockenrock wrote:
Did the view to hover over a gem that is ready to upgrade and see the new stats (if you upgrade it) go away? I seem to recall being able to see the new Clarity mana requirements, for example, and decide if I wanted to upgrade the gem. This was several months ago before I took a break from closed beta.

That functionality was really useful and helps keep guessing to a minimum.

This was never in the game. It's on the list of Stuff to Add, though.
I skimmed through alot on here and didn't notice this pointed out so forgive me if it has been brought up.

When I have a gem level up where to a point where I can not use it at the next level it goes gray on the side telling me it can't level up. When you hover over it it says "right click this do dismiss." For some reason doing that then makes the gem unusable even though you have not actually leveled it up. If you don't "right click to dismiss" it you can still use the gem just fine.
"
praklatye wrote:
I skimmed through alot on here and didn't notice this pointed out so forgive me if it has been brought up.

When I have a gem level up where to a point where I can not use it at the next level it goes gray on the side telling me it can't level up. When you hover over it it says "right click this do dismiss." For some reason doing that then makes the gem unusable even though you have not actually leveled it up. If you don't "right click to dismiss" it you can still use the gem just fine.

i can hide the lvl up prompt with rightclick and still use the skill just fine

so what exactly is your problem there?
"
"
praklatye wrote:

That on two occasions when I have "right click to dismiss" it has made the gem, and whatever item it's in, unusable. I feel like I described the issue already......

Didn't know if it was a bug or a a bad description.
"
Flubadoo wrote:
A skill doesn't have to necessarily be the most effective on every single weapon..

But there is no skill for 2h-axe / 2h-sword which isn't inferior. Don't like that.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
praklatye wrote:
"
"
praklatye wrote:

That on two occasions when I have "right click to dismiss" it has made the gem, and whatever item it's in, unusable. I feel like I described the issue already......

Didn't know if it was a bug or a a bad description.

That sounds very strange to me.
Every gem that I cannot level up and I right click to dismiss the grey gem, all it does is remove the notification (leaving it showing in the inventory) and leave the gem at the level it was at and both the gem and item it's in are perfectly fine for use.

If it does become unusable I'd post this as a bug as I cannot see how this is happening, but I'm no expert on here.

Good luck
Last edited by Jaknet on Jan 30, 2013, 11:28:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info