Socket weapons and leveling

Which would be the better choice? A weapon with better stats, ie Added elemental dmg, physical dmg etc and 2 sockets or a weapon with not as good stats but with 3 or 4 sockets?

While I am doing ok on Act2 curse, I am finding I take a lot more dmg now and at times have to kite a bit in order to survive. 90% of my gear is from normal lvl as the items I have found on curse level are generally poorer in stats so far.

Any advice on gear/farming would be much appreciated!
I grind leveling and farming with my selffound char on the following areas :

The Ledge (Act 1)

Nice fast lvl to clear in 5 min. 5-10 Elites + 1 Boss (Totem)

Dread Thicket (Act 2)

Nice Lvl full of apes and a chance of 1 big chest. Every time 2 Bosses (apes) and a LOT of elites. Be carefull with the snakes ! They do chaos dmg

Docks (Act 3)

Nice lvl, easy enemys many elites. Be carefull with the fire spitting blue flame enemys (wasted the name of them)

I hope, it helps.

Theese areas are all easy to farm. Sure, there will be much better ones, but i looked for easy areas to improve my magic find items for farming without dying fast...
Thanks very much for the info and advice mate. I did ledge a bit but thought the level might be too low for me. Does it matter what level the mobs are for good drops?
for sockets, its very important to make sure you have enough sockets to support your skills. unlike other games where sockets just improved stats, in this game sockets determine your skills.

there is no real point in upgrading to a piece of gear if your unable to socket your abilities. especially if its your main attack or the support that makes it work efficiently

it is much cheaper to find a piece of gear with the right sockets amount, colors, and links than it is to make a good gear have the right sockets colors and links.

this is because jewel focused orbs are harder to come by than transmutation/alteration/augmentation orbs.

unless your going for rares, in which case its even harder. but for leveling, magical items should be good enough
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info