[Asking for advices] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand theorycrafting

(This is not a guide nor truly a showcase, but a request for advices ! )

Hello everyone !

I am currently trying an elementalist build I created, and as it is the first one that I theorycrafted, I wanted some advices to make it better and to help me with future creations (or at least tries of it ahah). I know that there is another thread of an elem-AB build, but I checked it and mine is a bit different, furthermore I saw it only after I finished mine ! (so there is no plagiarism, love you seabazz <3 )

Here is the PoB pastebin link of the build (without items, I don't know the game enough to know which ones are great yet):

https://pastebin.com/qcNVqnbf (There are showcases and link to the tree on each section, so don't worry if you don't want to go through PoB)

I changed a lot of things since my first version and I am currently pretty happy with it, I have no real problem till T8 maps (I am only there for the moment), even with a pretty bad stuff (except the staff which gives me really decent damages). Although, I am absolutely sure that I miss some obvious things, as it is -as I said- my first try of theorycrafting...

So, to explain a bit where I went off with the build (I show my items with gems inside, because I am currently with another computer without PoE, so can't take them off yet. Will change that later):

Armageddon Brand

Obviously 6 link for the AB, max damages output with Efficacy gem to have it last a bit longer (really useful so that we don't have to cast brands H24, so more fireballs muahahahah).

Tried with Increased Duration instead of Fire Pen, but Efficacy is definitely enough with Brand Recall that increases too the time a brand lives. Combustion instead of Elemental Focus, so that a mob is ignited with almost 100% chance and proc Celestial Punishment node (plus every other benefit from ignite).

We can replace Combustion support by Concentrated Effect when we go against a boss for even more DPS.

Fireball

It misses the Fire Penetration support gem.
Another 6L for a Fireball setup, because I saw that we lack a lot of mono-target damages ! With that I got no problem against any boss (even with only a 5L chest) they die really fast, and instead of waiting while the brands proc alone, we can cast some fire too ;)

So, it works well against packs of mobs too, and don't need a multiprojectile at all.

Flame Dash + Brand Recall

Arcane Surge on both actives to have this buff pretty much all the time and because both of them don't really need any support with this build (that I know of, at least).

Except Faster Casting of course : Gotta go fast !

Cast When Damage Taken

CwDT with :
- Molten Shell for a bit of survivability
- Flame Golem for a bit more damages
- Flammability, well, because we always need more penetration, if you know what I mean...

Ok sorry for this one.

Auras

Herald of Ash and Clarity are always sooo helpful, with enduring cry to avoid as much as possible one shots of packs.

There I could have another gem, but I have no idea which one...

Tree

https://bit.ly/2Bd8mNu

For the tree, as much life as possible without going too far, brand nodes, Mind Over Matter with some mana nodes are really helpful, and block chance with staff (I like staffs :D ). The rest are for fire damage and some AOE increases.

I chose to have no crits at all (that's why we can have Controlled Destruction on both main spells), just because I wanted a build without crits, there is no real reason. I don't really care if crits are insanely better with a build like this: My build, my choices. Nah.

So, here we go ! So far I have lot of clear, truly great monotarget damages combined with procs of brands (on T8 4 syndicates went 100%-0% life within 2 second, for example) and pretty good survivability !

Sorry for the long text and thank you for having read until there ! I hope that my theorycraft is decent, and please, please give me advices to make it even better !

Stay sane, exile.
Last edited by Pheos on Dec 12, 2018, 6:04:33 AM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2018, 7:43:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info