[3.7] Agony Deliverance Tank. Bosses evaporated by scorpion friend

"
t0lkien wrote:
Can confirm this build is still really strong. It deletes bosses and is great for mapping.

The only problem I'm having, if you can call it that, is a lack of move speed. Even with all Quicksilver flasks and abusing Phase Run it still feels too slow. I can fail temple runs because of this.

Does anyone have any advice for increasing movespeed?

This ^^

It seems to be the only downside.
I'm lvl 71 and melting through T13 maps :)

I have no idea about getting movespeed, maybe that's just the trade-off for the tankiness. This was never meant to be SUPER fast map clear.remember to spam convocation to get ur pet to keep up with you as well.

GEAR UPDATE

3.7 nerfed HOA quite heavily as you can read on the previous pages.
Waffle suggested moving some defense into offense, which I have tried to do, and I feel pretty successful with my build and gear.

This is mostly a combination of Waffles variant and the multi curse variant. We can call it duo-curse.

You can tech into applying the third curse and get the 6-link quill rain for an additional curse, but I feel like this build is already strong. A 6-link quill rain can be the last, heavy investment.

I've chosen a helmet with increased minion damage, and no life to buff of the offense. I've prioritized res. on the gear, and not minion movespeed since the buff to convocation. IMO you don't need mov. speed if you just re-call your pet at all times.

I'm currently at 5.9K HP, and done red Elder and all corrupted guardians deathless on a laggy machine. I feel pretty comfortable. My pet MELTS everything. I can't even feel the nerf.

I highly recommend this build to people who want a cheap character that can do all content!

Gear cost breakdown:

Helmet: ~ 4 ex (was listed as 8ex) You can get a non-bone helmet much cheaper
Quill rain 5-link: 20-30C
Coming calamity 6 sox, no links: ~30-50C. Spend 1000 fusings (4 ex) to link it, really bad luck! Hoped I could do it cheaper.
Windshriek: 18c
Tombist 1 sox, 6%: 1c
Amulet: 6c
ring 1 -7 mana cost: 15C
ring 2: 5c
HOA lvl 21: 10C

Flasks are self crafted. 99% evasion is around ~1ex

Last edited by LesserForms on Jul 5, 2019, 3:23:05 AM
Has anyone done HOTG in 3.7 with this build? Do you have to make any changes/alt wep or skills?
"
c8die wrote:
Has anyone done HOTG in 3.7 with this build? Do you have to make any changes/alt wep or skills?

Did you manage to complete, if yes - How?
I tried yesterday and I cant get past Mull_gubben(lvl94). Think he has full-block. I even tried with reduced block chance lvl 20. Still no dice.

If anyone out there has done Halls of grandmasters with this build, a tip to completion will be appriciated.
"
LesserForms wrote:

I tried yesterday and I cant get past Mull_gubben(lvl94). Think he has full-block. I even tried with reduced block chance lvl 20. Still no dice.

If anyone out there has done Halls of grandmasters with this build, a tip to completion will be appriciated.

The block tanks pretty much can't be taken down by attacks. As far as I'm aware the standard tactic is to equip a Balefire, put 3 support gems into it and scorching ray them down. This has worked whenever I did it
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
LesserForms wrote:

The block tanks pretty much can't be taken down by attacks. As far as I'm aware the standard tactic is to equip a Balefire, put 3 support gems into it and scorching ray them down. This has worked whenever I did it

I tried this earlier today - and it works.
Very easy in fact.

But. I'm still getting one-shot by 2 specific characters i've encountered so far. Can't even get close to them.

1 with posion/arrow build
1 with somekind of chaos / Drain build.

on my 5th try for now. trying to get past everything. I want to do it :D
Has anyone fought The Mastermind with this? I can't damage her when there are no adds, and so the Crawler can't spawn. She's continually invulnerable to my arrows (can't damage her at all to trigger the buff from her that allows me to stand next to the pillars and destroy them in turn).
"
t0lkien wrote:
Has anyone fought The Mastermind with this? I can't damage her when there are no adds, and so the Crawler can't spawn. She's continually invulnerable to my arrows (can't damage her at all to trigger the buff from her that allows me to stand next to the pillars and destroy them in turn).

I did her last league.
I didn't fully understand the mechanics as I jumped in without any knowledge, but I downed her first try, only dying to the exploding skeleton/zombie things.

The mastermind herself did not seem to pose a problem.

"
LesserForms wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
LesserForms wrote:

I tried this earlier today - and it works.
Very easy in fact.

But. I'm still getting one-shot by 2 specific characters i've encountered so far. Can't even get close to them.

1 with posion/arrow build
1 with somekind of chaos / Drain build.

on my 5th try for now. trying to get past everything. I want to do it :D

Just wanted to let everyone know I've successfully cleared the entire Atlas with this build :)

For the full block/ES builds in Hall of grandmasters I did use the Balefire strat. It's not doable without. The other Grandmasters I carefully out-screened and downed them all.

So far this build has:
Done the Zana questline with ez
Cleared the Atlas
Done Mastermind fight

What's next :D

END GAME GEAR

Last edited by LesserForms on Jul 19, 2019, 4:26:58 AM
Well guys, just used crafted bow to get 3mil shaper dps, put kaom on and killed aul king on 500 delve, need some improvements thou but seems not bad dps and pretty tanky.
"
alexandro_108 wrote:
Well guys, just used crafted bow to get 3mil shaper dps, put kaom on and killed aul king on 500 delve, need some improvements thou but seems not bad dps and pretty tanky.

Share your build and gear? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info