New weapon prefix: "% Chance to blind enemies on hit" work on spells?

I'm playing a Blade Vortex Build and very curious about this prefix of blind on hit works on spell or not. It doesn't specify attacks/ spells.

The prefix also comes with high % physical damage which works well on Hrimsorrow convert physical to cold, so I just want to know if the blind effect works on Blade Vortex or not.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Dec 10, 2018, 11:30:40 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2019, 2:51:05 PM
Why no just try if it? Wouldn't take more than 20 seconds to find out if it works.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
mic01851165 wrote:
I'm playing a Blade Vortex Build and very curious about this prefix of blind on hit works on spell or not. It doesn't specify attacks/ spells.

The prefix also comes with high % physical damage which works well on Hrimsorrow convert physical to cold, so I just want to know if the blind effect works on Blade Vortex or not.

"On hit" any spell that deals a "hit" can apply it. the affixes in this game are very literal.

On hit will work with both spells, attacks. but not passives like RF.
On Attack only works with attacks
On cast only works with spells

Blade Vortex is a spell that HITS with physical rapidly, so its safe to assume Yes it would apply blind and yes it would apply it frequently enough to be a useful melee-range survival aid.
Last edited by Xerise on Dec 11, 2018, 12:19:16 AM
"
Xerise wrote:

"On hit" any spell that deals a "hit" can apply it. the affixes in this game are very literal.

On hit will work with both spells, attacks. but not passives like RF.
On Attack only works with attacks
On cast only works with spells

There's also "hit with this weapon"
And "rip melee".
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Hi Guys,

I've tested this with a 17% chance to blind on hit craft with winter orb and I never see winter orb proc blind. I have tested this with the fight against Kitava. Can anyone confirm my findings?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Moonsorrow
Moonsorrow unique wand has that exact same stat and it's considered a local mod. Meaning only attacks that use the wand apply blind.
Thanks GraveDancer, that would be consistent with my findings. Looks like the answers in this thread were misleading and that I've wasted a craft... =(
So what you guys are trying to say here, is that the weapon/craft mod do not work as regular blind and blind support, even though it has the same wording? That's... misleading, to say the least. It IS part of a physical attack craft, so it kind of make sense, but if it only applies on attack, they should change the wording.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Add this to the painfully long list of things they should change the wording for that I mentally started in 2012. I'm sure there's some ridiculous internal reason for it and we just have to suffer through TencentGGG's inability to clarify internal wording for their players.

Yeah, the list is long, sadly. But this is a little bit less intuitive than other types of wording errors, as Blind Support and blind on jewels are global, and have the exact same wording.

Sometimes I think this game would be better off with another Legacy League, while they solely devote their time to fix "hangover mistakes" like this, general balance (even though they're not aiming for equilibrium at all) and other things that do not belong in a game this size. I still have hopes for 4.0 to streamline the game's QoL problems.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

as Blind Support and blind on jewels are global, and have the exact same wording.

Blind Support isnt global, Its works to only linked skill. Same as this preffix. Its linked to the weapon, and you use spell, not weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info