Screen freezes during syndicate encounters

Can't really pinpoint the exact cause or conditions of this thing, but around 50% of my Syndicate encounters completely freeze my screen and I'm unable to do anything. It looks like huge lag spike, but there is no evidence of that according to latency graph whatsoever. Screen freezes for 2-3 seconds and it may occur several times during a single encounter. This happens ONLY during these encounters. Also, I noticed that it started after the last patch. I'm using integrated Intel GPU, I know that it's bad, but the rest of the game is pretty much fine-ish.

Spec:
Intel i5 3570k (@4400)
GPU - Intel HD 4000 (10.18.10.4885 driver)
8gb 2133 ddr3 ram
SSD - Samsung Evo 840

Also, using Dx 9ex client.

Would appreciate any help/suggestion, because playing Hardcore Betrayal even without this handicap is hard enough and I've already lost 2 chars to these freezes. :/
Last bumped on May 15, 2019, 9:31:21 PM
Same thing is happening to me as well. Almost every time I encounter Syndicate members the game will freeze for a good 2-3 seconds then come back almost always resulting in death and sometimes it just crashes and throws me to login screen with "An Unexpected Disconnection occurred".

I'm updating my drivers for everything real quick, and doing a fresh Install of POE onto my other SSD.

Also using Direct ex9 option, I switched to 11 and it still does it so I know thats not it.
PS. I played Delve league from start to finish and didn't have any issues
"
LoveTractor wrote:
sometimes it just crashes and throws me to login screen with "An Unexpected Disconnection occurred".

Yep, forgot to mention that, sometimes it throws you back to title screen. Seems like we have the same issue. Did you experience it during launch day? I feel like this whole mess started after the last patch...
This started day of launch.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2257418/page/5#p16006493

It's not just about the Syndicate itself. Problems with freeze are much more, but they probably have us somewhere. They preferred to cram the game with "Christmas lights" and spoil it ...
This was the screenshot of my last freeze and crash. NOTHING is happening besides I clicked the Syndicate guy and Jun should have took him away. Instead it crashed and used my LAST portal. Last portal because I crashed 6 times in 5 minutes, not because i died.....

Okay, from personal observations freezes usually occur during Transportation and Safehouses events. Intervention and Fortification are somewhat okay, but occasionally it still may freeze your screen. And Research looks completely fine, I don't think that I had a single freeze during those encounters.
Yeah safehouse is normally finr
Not sure what happened, but today it's perfectly smooth sail for me, lvled new char from 1 to 40, a lot of Transportation encounters, multiple safehouse raids and not a single freeze. Looks like it got fixed, at least for me...

Hope I won't jinx it :S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info