Starter build in progress - Shattering Steel Slayer (2H) - need advices plz

Hello, this season i wanted to try a Slayer with 2 handed weapon, and with one of the new skill, so i ended up with Shattering Steel (initially wanted to do a Lancing Steel build, but Shattering Steel feel way better at the moment)

If some experienced players could give me advices, it would be really appreciated, thanks.

So, here's the passive tree i'm planning to do :
www.poeurl.com/boS5(PoE Planner)
www.poeurl.com/cbs7 (Officiel website)

>> immune bleeding, stun and phys reflect

Actually i'm playing with thos links :

SS + Faster Attacks + GMP + Maim + Added Fire

It work pretty well at the moment (lvl 50+), i shotgun boss really quick with Point Blank on passive tree. And with GMP i clear packs quickly.

but i'm planning to switch added fire to Vicious proj, and maybe switch Maim for slower proj, idk.

Actually i still don't have any curses. I'm planning to get Blasphemy+WM or maybe Poacher's Mark if i don't need more life leech.
(atm i use Herald of Purity and Agony, and Arctic armor)

So here's some questions :
- is projectile speed good for Shattering Steel? (will it increased distance and thus increased the AoE of the steel shards?)
- should i forget the chance to poison/bleed and switch to the support skill gem Brutality?

Thanks for your advices
Last edited by k0rt3x on Dec 10, 2018, 9:34:31 AM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 5:15:36 AM
I won't use so much elemental damage here - the synergy with impaling is bad here, since it is based on physical damage.

Consider using brutality and concentrated effect as strong multipliers.

And consider going champion - here Master of metal has lots of synergies with shattering steel.

When staying slayer consider damage on full life as another strong multiplier - depending on how much time you tend to be low in boss fights.
Last edited by Llyrain on Dec 10, 2018, 9:32:23 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:
I won't use so much elemental damage here - the synergy with impaling is bad here, since it is based on physical damage.

Consider using brutality and concentrated effect as strong multipliers.

And consider going champion - here Master of metal has lots of synergies with shattering steel.

When staying slayer consider damage on full life as another strong multiplier - depending on how much time you tend to be low in boss fights.

Yeah i'm planning to remove the added fire gem to focus more on phys only, for SS synergy like you said, and also synergy with poison/bleed effect

Thanks for Concentrated effect, totally forgot about this one, i will give it a try but it should be good, especially for bosses.

About going hampion, i've thought about it, but i feel i'm loosing too much (immune stun, bleed and phys reflect), and i'm not sure i really loose a lot of dmg vs Slayer. A lot of champion nodes are about melee damage, which is not usefull for SS :/

Maybe next time i will try how good is Master of metal :p
Last edited by k0rt3x on Dec 10, 2018, 9:55:43 AM
I'm playing shattering steel 2h, currently in a 5L.

Even with this, this build didn't take off until I picked up a the Terminus Est and the Haemophilia gloves.

I'm pathed into the Pierce nodes over by the ranger area and a lot of life.
Last edited by CaptainFoo on Dec 11, 2018, 8:40:01 AM
SS feel weird to play. i play now with SS + FA + Vicious Proj + GMP + Concentrated effect.

I'm 56 now, and the dps tooltip is showing only 1031 dps unbuff (with a 300+ pdps 2h axe)
I know that for some skill dps tooltip dps is not relevant, but meh :p

I feel like Conc Effect gem is doing nothing, it's not even showing a dps increased on the tooltip. At this level with a good weapon 5L i should be one shoting pretty much everything and that's not the case. It's ok but not very good, meaning i could have way better result with any other skill ... :/

Last edited by k0rt3x on Dec 11, 2018, 5:54:16 PM
"
k0rt3x wrote:
SS feel weird to play. i play now with SS + FA + Vicious Proj + GMP + Concentrated effect.

I'm 56 now, and the dps tooltip is showing only 1031 dps unbuff (with a 300+ pdps 2h axe)
I know that for some skill dps tooltip dps is not relevant, but meh :p

I feel like Conc Effect gem is doing nothing, it's not even showing a dps increased on the tooltip. At this level with a good weapon 5L i should be one shoting pretty much everything and that's not the case. It's ok but not very good, meaning i could have way better result with any other skill ... :/

That's my configuration now, showing round about 1300 label dps (with HOP).
CE only works for the second stage, the cones when the first "daggers" have hit. So completely senseless for bosses where you hug them if you want damage.

Syndicate and Kitava was no problem so far, still leveling with the stuff I find there.

I'm running blood rage additional, it helps a lot.

At bosses, be sure to hug them. So at least 5 hits at them.

It's not the fastest build I ever blade, but for melee type builds it's a better one. The Kitava test was very good, only 3-4 seconds on the phases.

Oh, and additional you can use a totem now for real damage support and not only buff:

The multiple totem gem is a very strong damage mulitplier, it replaces more than 2 damage gems (*3*0.8 => 140% more damage).

I use for example the totems as battering ram to tear down the door of fortifications.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info