Heirophant Ritual Of Awakening and Multiple Totem Support Gem NOT WORKING

Okay so early today I had 3 total totems possible using:
Ancestral Bond (skill)
Pursuit of Faith (Heiro skill)
Default 1 allowed
Total: 3

When I equipped Multiple Totem Support Gem into a linked equipment with my totem setup, something weird happened:

1st cast - produce 2 totems
2nd cast - produce 2 totems
3rd cast - produce 2 totems BUT remove 1 from the 1st cast (prematurely)

At the time, I suspected that the game was "hard capping" me at 5 total totems regardless of build. Removed Multiple Totem Support gem and thought nothing more about it (dmg reduction not ideal anyway).

I JUST finished second Ascendancy, put them into Ritual of Awakening.

So now I have Ritual of Awakening which does the same thing. It states "Skills that would Summon a Totem Summon two Totems instead"

Now, I still have 3 totem limit from earlier (default+Ancestral+Pursuit)

2nd cast - produce 2 totems BUT remove 1 from the 1st cast (prematurely)

what the actual heck is going on with this???

What SHOULD be happening:
1st cast - produce 2
2nd cast - produce 2
3rd cast - produce 2

Add Multiple Totem Support Gem now it SHOULD:
1st cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)
2nd cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)
3rd cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)
Last bumped on Dec 25, 2018, 8:56:02 AM
Same thing for me bro, obviously something isn't working correctly.
"
Balidur wrote:
Okay so early today I had 3 total totems possible using:
Ancestral Bond (skill)
Pursuit of Faith (Heiro skill)
Default 1 allowed
Total: 3

When I equipped Multiple Totem Support Gem into a linked equipment with my totem setup, something weird happened:

2nd cast - produce 2 totems
3rd cast - produce 2 totems BUT remove 1 from the 1st cast (prematurely)

Totem Cap
  • Default: 1 (1)
  • Ancestral Bond: +1 (2)
  • Pursuit of Faith: +1 (3)
  • Multiple Totems: +2 (5)

You say when you summon totems #5 and #6, an older totem is removed.

So you're being limited to only having 5 totems. Which is your totems cap. What's the bug?

"
Balidur wrote:
At the time, I suspected that the game was "hard capping" me at 5 total totems regardless of build.

What "hard cap"?

You have a natural cap of 5 totems.

"
Balidur wrote:
I JUST finished second Ascendancy, put them into Ritual of Awakening.

So now I have Ritual of Awakening which does the same thing. It states "Skills that would Summon a Totem Summon two Totems instead"

Now, I still have 3 totem limit from earlier (default+Ancestral+Pursuit)

2nd cast - produce 2 totems BUT remove 1 from the 1st cast (prematurely)

what the actual heck is going on with this???

I'm honestly struggling to understand your confusion.

Do you realize what the purpose of the cap is? It is the total number of totems which your character may have summoned at a single time. Four is a larger number than three.

Ritual of Awakening doesn't mention anything about your maximum number of totems. It says you summon two totems per cast instead of one. If this is happening, RoA isn't bugged.

"
Balidur wrote:
What SHOULD be happening:
1st cast - produce 2
2nd cast - produce 2
3rd cast - produce 2

2 + 2 + 2 = 6. 6 > 5.

Your totems are capped at 5, as per the above.

"
Balidur wrote:
Add Multiple Totem Support Gem now it SHOULD:
1st cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)
2nd cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)
3rd cast - produce 3 (35% dmg reduction on each)

Both Ritual of Awakening and Multiple Totems Support say that your totem skills will summon two totems - not that they will summon an additional totem. Thus, the game only summoning totems two at a time is correct. Path of Exile tends to be very particular about its phrasing.

Please explain how you think you should have 9+ totems at one time.

tl;dr: There is no indication of a bug here. Your report amounts to complaining that your totems cap is capping your totems - this is the entire point of a cap on your totems - and that when the game says you will summon two totems at a time, you summon two totems at a time.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I think you misunderstand, what the poster is saying is that even with multiple totems support, his totem cap is not 5, but 3, which is wrong.

Furthermore, he only summons 2 totems at a time, when logically, with both multiple totems support and ritual of awakening, you would summon 3(or 4 depending on how you interpret the phrasing) totems at a time.
Ok, so Multiple totems support gives a +1 to totems summoned, but ritual of aweakening says "Skills that would summon A totem summon TWO instead" meaning that you cannot summon 3 by having both of them, and if you play multiple totems, only multiple totems will proc and not ritual of aweakening.

Meanwhile, I do have another bug with multiple totem support.
It happens when i have 6 max totems (soul mantle (1) + ritual (1) + bond (1) + natural (1) + multiple totem (2) ) and another totem (ex: decoy totem) linked to another multiple totem support.

When i have all 6 totems on my main skill, and use decoy totem, 1 of the totems of my main skill drops. Meaning that having 2 multiple totems support does not give +2 maximum totems 2 times, and you can only use 1.

As a bonus, I also have a bug on deccoy totem + multiple totem support/ritual of aweakening : When i use decoy totem, it only spawns one.
(BTW : check wiki on Multiple totems support gem https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Multiple_Totems_Support and look at the first line under "Skill function")

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info