[3.5] Make self-cast great again- Vortex Coldsnap Occultist-League starter

The trigger mod got 4 seconds cooldown for me... how on earth is that fast???
Yeah, I tried the trigger mod myself, attached to frostbomb. The is just too long to be reliable. The fact that it activated off of movement skills in particular means that it is often not up when you actually want it.

I've been finding malachai's artifice with storm brand pretty indispensable in adding extra damage. Storm brand reliably activates EO, along with the EE resistance decrease. The combination of them together is nearly a doubling of DoT damage in PoB. I would have a hard time not running it.

Here is the pile I am currently running with. Exploding mid-tier yellow maps just fine. Some pieces definitely need replaced. Been lazy about it since it hasn't mattered yet.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=ColdyMonkey

Not sure if I am going to stay EB Hybrid MoM and go carcass jack, or switch over to LL with shavs yet. Shavs is probably better with more currency, but I am not that rich. Haven't had as much time to play this league.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Dec 12, 2018, 2:15:47 PM
Any chance for a video soon?
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Any chance for a video soon?

When I kill some boss like Shaper I would make a video. Now I'm still struggling to find higher tier maps xD.
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
Yeah, I tried the trigger mod myself, attached to frostbomb. The is just too long to be reliable. The fact that it activated off of movement skills in particular means that it is often not up when you actually want it.

I've been finding malachai's artifice with storm brand pretty indispensable in adding extra damage. Storm brand reliably activates EO, along with the EE resistance decrease. The combination of them together is nearly a doubling of DoT damage in PoB. I would have a hard time not running it.

Here is the pile I am currently running with. Exploding mid-tier yellow maps just fine. Some pieces definitely need replaced. Been lazy about it since it hasn't mattered yet.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=ColdyMonkey

Not sure if I am going to stay EB Hybrid MoM and go carcass jack, or switch over to LL with shavs yet. Shavs is probably better with more currency, but I am not that rich. Haven't had as much time to play this league.

I'm having a hard time capping my resistance and also get some chaos resistance for Syndicate encounters. Malachai Artifice is very fine if I could fit that in, but I would prefer not to get almost one shotted by some bullshit chaos syndicate with damage mod on high tier maps. You will feel it at tier 13 maps.

I won't include an 6 link unique body armour in my build. Because I know by the time I have farmed enough currency to buy it, I would get bored and play something else :D . I would wait for 6 link ES armour base to go down then try to buy a piece. Carcass is not necessary, Increased AoE ist just quality of life.

P/s: I don't know why you say frost bomb is unreliable. It has base duration of 5 seconds and we trigger every 4 seconds, basically permanently activates it.
man if u wan fast recovery use recovery speed item :)
I have found a way to trigger Elemental Equilibrium without the ring. Just trigger Storm brand instead of frostbomb :D.

My link now is Storm brand - Increased Critical Strike - Blind on hit. Now I blind bosses too, and have 50% more damage )), seems good. Storm brand base cast pretty fast, 2 casts per sec, so blind is very consistent.
Last edited by xpmrz on Dec 12, 2018, 9:33:10 PM
Running storm brand - orb of storms - frost bomb in my trigger on cast wand, it's nice
So I killed Guardian. Video in the first post ^^. Not deathless, sorry but my skill is limited :D. ( don't even know what killed me the first time).
-
Last edited by mcadoomer on Dec 13, 2018, 4:13:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info