[3.10] Emperor's Decay Brand Occultist

"
EmperorIzaro wrote:
"
Frozen_Goosy wrote:
Hey you didnt say anything for ascendancies, its my first time playing a occultist so i have no idea on what i should focus first, sound like a great build im excited to get to maps !

Thanks for the feedback! Added a working link to the online skilltree, including ascendancies (previous one was bugged for some reason), and also wrote out the ascendancy order. It's in the PoB/Skill Tree/ Ascendancy/ etc. section.

Nice thanks a lot.
Build status update: did uber lab, onto red maps!
- Fixed an issue that made videos unavailable: I accidentally set them to private for some reason, I guess.
- Uploaded Videos up to T10 maps.
Hmm intresting concept. im currently levling a deaths oat build migth just implement this feature to help on clear against the enemies that survive more than 1 sec, so i dont have to stop and use bligth to speed up the prosses
"
Noiprox wrote:
Hmm intresting concept. im currently levling a deaths oat build migth just implement this feature to help on clear against the enemies that survive more than 1 sec, so i dont have to stop and use bligth to speed up the prosses

To be honest I'd almost considered using Death's Oath too, but back at the time I was theorycrafting my league starter I was worried that the vorici crafting options might be hard to acquire (for colouring that damn thing). So I ended up with this instead (originally without the automation, obviously).

If you do end up implementing the gimmick of my build as a part of yours, I'd very much appreciate feedback on the experience!

Once I'm done with this build (as in, did some endgame content / burned out of it), I just might try out either Shattering/Lancing Steel or Death's Oath + Arakali's + HoA + Decay, so knowing how you fared with DO would be nice. Admittedly DO right after a build like this might not be the best choice but then again I've never played a DO so I'd still consider giving it a shot.
Build Status Update: Reached red maps.

No real problems so far, though damage during clear is starting to notable drop of. Doesn't change the clearspeed itself much though, since it's still enough to apply decay once. The mobs just actually melt instead of instantly dropping dead.

I'm also starting to take more damage than I'd like to. Maybe loreweave would be better than Fenumu's? Nah, we'd run out of ES for skills. Maybe a version of this build without EB would benefit from it though. Hybrid or pure ES? Can't test yet, would have to make a new char for that, no time. PoB testing seems to imply both could work though. Xirgil's instead of Cane for the pure ES version? Never played CI...

Damage vs bosses is also starting to fall of. Then again both ED and Blight are currently on a 4l, so that's a problem that will fix itself in time.
Just stumbled on your build here while researching some decay stuff (playing some decay brand occultist in ssfbtw). Similar concept, different take on it :x

My take is some hybrid life/es with over 7k total hp at lvl 76 (fist ssfchar) so far and i basically go for the natural es recharge and liferegen/flask on life. with all the chaos res from the class and tree its pretty easy to build.

I just go for fewer brand nodes (basically only the shadow nodes) since it feels like 2 brands are enough in general.
Using decay in a 4link so far and i go for some more castspeed and no autocast so far since its pretty hard to obtain for me atm on a decent weapon (probably wont go for it anyway). same for brand recall +level stuff in my case.

not sure about my uberlab nodes, went for es recharge and the chaos nodes so far. the chaos explosions can help with clear but disturb the spread as well.. the es regen and flat es on the other side isnt really that important for my playstyle while not bad as well. Stun immunity doesnt seem important for me with brine kings pantheon.
Maybe i get a obliteration wand to test around with explosions and brands-decay spreading

Don't think i will use essence drain at all even on a weaponswap, blight should be enough and then i don't even got hotkeys for that (brand, recall, movementskill, blight, vaalblight,vaaldiscipline, withertotem)

If i can craft the cast on use mod i would consider coldsnap in there (frenzy generation - more dmg, faster clear and chill) and/or other utility like a lightning/stone golem.

just my ten cents
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Just stumbled on your build here while researching some decay stuff (playing some decay brand occultist in ssfbtw). Similar concept, different take on it :x

My take is some hybrid life/es with over 7k total hp at lvl 76 (fist ssfchar) so far and i basically go for the natural es recharge and liferegen/flask on life. with all the chaos res from the class and tree its pretty easy to build.

I just go for fewer brand nodes (basically only the shadow nodes) since it feels like 2 brands are enough in general.
Using decay in a 4link so far and i go for some more castspeed and no autocast so far since its pretty hard to obtain for me atm on a decent weapon (probably wont go for it anyway). same for brand recall +level stuff in my case.

not sure about my uberlab nodes, went for es recharge and the chaos nodes so far. the chaos explosions can help with clear but disturb the spread as well.. the es regen and flat es on the other side isnt really that important for my playstyle while not bad as well. Stun immunity doesnt seem important for me with brine kings pantheon.
Maybe i get a obliteration wand to test around with explosions and brands-decay spreading

Don't think i will use essence drain at all even on a weaponswap, blight should be enough and then i don't even got hotkeys for that (brand, recall, movementskill, blight, vaalblight,vaaldiscipline, withertotem)

If i can craft the cast on use mod i would consider coldsnap in there (frenzy generation - more dmg, faster clear and chill) and/or other utility like a lightning/stone golem.

just my ten cents

Thanks for the feedback! Tbh I was considering dropping EB and MoM to replace the Helmet (and maybe fenumu's, though the 10% less damage taken and dealt is nice) with rares. The amulet, all things considered, probably too. Essentially anything I could do to improve survivability, ~5k life at max chaos res should be good for hybrid? Never tried (reason I went MoM+EB in the first place) - that you seem to be doing fine really helps me in that regard. Respeccing is going to be a pain, but eh. If it doesn't work out even then I'll just go arc mines for the challenges this league.
Last edited by EmperorIzaro on Dec 15, 2018, 10:28:07 AM
4k life is even fine, more is always good ofc. My playstyle is based around the hybrid route. If my ES is depleted (and no vaal discipline available) i gtfo until the recharge starts. Usually not long with a bated breath (that i dont own yet..). Fits well with the rather mobile playstyle and with enough es recharge start speed coupled with slow effects and evasion (mainly flasks) i often don't eben need to move away while using blight.
Life is just some extra buffer in sketchy situations. Chaos dmg isnt a issue at all, degens are countered by a few % of degen and hits often as well. In the worst case i chuck a lifeflask if needed.

The veiled craft on chests that grants 10% of your max life as ES is pretty nuts even on shitty es gear. With 4k life its worth 400 flat es which further scales with %energy shield stuff. with 200-300% es its 1200-1600 es from that craft alone on that rather low health value.
I unlocked the craft, but just don't have a decent vaal regalia as a base to craft it on yet (ssfbtw). Rather have some high ilvl base than some shitty base if i slam those fossils, essences, chaos etc.

Maybe i transfer to non ssf with that char just to have a better time crafting ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
gonna try that on trickster next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info