3.5 CoC Deadeye

So this is actually an insanely fun build. I posted some numbers and a POB on this thread a couple weeks ago that I am no longer sure about, but I will be working on figuring out the final calculations as the build evolves and can post a new POB if wanted but for now just look at my character on the forums. You should have multiple millions of DPS though. This is my first time using CoC so I'm still ironing out some of the details. Any input from experienced CoCers would be much appreciated but I have a feeling there's not many of them out there due to it being insignificant for the longest time.

Right now I'm scaling into red maps quite nicely and most of my gear is complete crap. There are definitely lots of variations to this build. Up until T9+ maps or so I found it better for AOE clear to use freezing pulse + first snow jewel (in addition to ice spear) and rain of arrows as the trigger. But the setup I'm using on my character now is much better for single target and still works fine for AOE (And would be better with a dying sun).

My 6L setup right now: Barrage-CoC-Ice spear-Ball lightning-Increased Critical Strikes-Slower projectiles

-Increased critical damage is definitely another viable option in place of slower proj but the synergy between ball lightning/ice spear and slower proj is amazing for single target.

-You can pick pretty much any spell just keep in mind projectiles are a Deadeye's specialty so those spells that are also projectiles are where the money's at.

Check my character on the forum here for my current tree and gear.

I'm playing around with my attack speed and probably have too much at the moment. If my math is correct (would be great if someone could check me), with barrage you need about 3 APS for 6 casts (that's with the .15 second base CD of CoC gem). Now if you get CDR gear and want more casts, it seems you need about .5 APS more PER cast. So say you get CDR gear that allows 9 casts/sec (.11s CD on CoC) you need about 4.5 APS. (.5 APS per cast?)

TIPS:
-Life gain on spell hit from shaper rings is amazing as you are casting 12 spells a second, factor in ball lightning hitting multiple times and ice spear and you get quite a lot of leech (unaffected by leech rate).
-Don't quality your ice spear. Slower projectile speed is good for ice spear so it preps and goes into second form.
-Volley fire adds a projectile to your first and last barrage proj, adding much needed quality of life as you don't have to aim.
-Use malachai's artifice with a flame golem socketed to really boost your damage on single target.
-A good shaper bow with CoC and other goodies is going to be the biggest (and most expensive) damage upgrade. My current one sucks (bought for 10c) and I'm still doing alright.

I'm not making a "build guide" in the traditional sense but hopefully this board can be used for helpful dialogue between the community as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there about this build.
Last edited by Chardness on Dec 15, 2018, 12:50:31 PM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2018, 1:03:06 PM
Man this is a ten billion exalt build
Why using Barrage threshold jewel?
Pick unreal items = check
Pick unreal jewels = check
Check pretty much every PoB checkmark for more dps = check

Build ready. Standart stupid PoB hero. Nothing to see here.
"
Bowspin wrote:
Man this is a ten billion exalt build

Sure if you have all perfect gear. The POB I posted before had that so we know what rolls to shoot for, not intended as a practical goal. In playing the build I've found out a lot and am not confident the old POB tree/gear is best, I can update with a new one once I have time to work on it. The gear I'm wearing now isn't expensive at all. My life gain on spell hit ring is probably the most expensive thing and I made it myself.
"
Irongunner wrote:
Why using Barrage threshold jewel?

Just quality of life I don't think it adds anything other than that. Without it you have to aim pretty precisely which can get annoying with desync/lag etc. but with it your attacks always seem to land.
"
krofj wrote:
Pick unreal items = check
Pick unreal jewels = check
Check pretty much every PoB checkmark for more dps = check

Build ready. Standart stupid PoB hero. Nothing to see here.

"Standart stupid"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info