Choosing a viable HC build for 3.5 league start

Greetings folks

This post may be in the wrong part of the forum, if so, I appologize.

I am a rather new player in POE, but I did RIP 10 witches in the league before beastiary came out. I love playing HC, but also came to a point where it was a little too bitter to lose so many characters... so I thought about doing something different for 3.5

I might not be able to prevent RIP forever, but maybe I can choose a safer build...and learn to play better :)

Also, if RIP, then it is much easier to start over, if I have a lot of currency to do so.

So what I want to do, is figure out what kind of build and what class to pick, which is a budget friendly league starter and that is super tanky! I would like to either farm uber labs, or map, depending on what is best way to make currency early on, with safety in mind :)
Searching the forums has both helped me out, and confused me, because I see many items required that I havent even seen before and I think to myself, that this must be expensive.

How fast can one expect to get to map farming?
How fast can one expect to get to uber lab farming?
Which of these yields the most currency, and which requires the least gear and is the easiest?

I love playing summoners, but hear that juggernaughts are insanely tanky, and makes you able to ignore mechaniscs in uber lab, which seems appealing to me, so I can learn the fights a little better.

I am also trying to make a juggernaught on SC, to practice the fight, as I might figure someone would ask me :)

If you have any input, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance :)

Kind regards,

Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 2:04:42 AM
Most Juggs are indeed able to ignore uber trap mechanics. The Sword and Board build is tanky. So are any of the THICC labeled builds.

Basically - you ascend to double your armor (unbreakable), give accuracy/attack speed (Undeniable), and then choose some specialization with your last two ascendancy based on how your build progresses.

Molten strike is a good start because of our closeness to fire nodes but really any melee or elemental (because we are close to templar) works with Juggs.

My jugg was the sword and board build until I found two poets pens and they didnt break corrupting them. So I respec my character to the THICC poet build and am now 94. Never had ANY issues in any lab and just run it for fun.

Read the Sword and Board and THICC build lists and work from those with a skill choice that works for you.

If you can get to a decent armor rating it will double with ascendancy and you can tank spike traps and blade sentries. (Aim for 12k+ armor).

It is really not that hard. I wear a Kaoms but my first lab I spent 2c on a Brass Dome and 10c on a prophecy to 5L it. Nothing can stop you... NOTHING...

Except maybe some reflect ;)

Hi Orkage,

I was playing THICC Jugg Molten & a normal Jugg Molten in Delve last league.

Kinda facerolled any end-game bosses. And the high defensive stats really helps buying some time to Leap/charge away.

How fast can one expect to get to map farming?
-Leveling with Sunder should bring u to map in a day with decent leveling guide and experience.

How fast can one expect to get to uber lab farming?
-I did my uber on HC (long ago, im playing SC now cause of Delve), around L80 with around 6.5K HP. Uber is a joke to Jugg unless move together with those buzzsaws.

Which of these yields the most currency, and which requires the least gear and is the easiest?
-IMHO, Sunder(Physical)/Arc(Magical) Anyclass are one of the better/faster map clearing skills. Any they dont requires any specific uniques. Only during end content when you wanna min/max the build.

(Sunder/reave + vaal double strike) / (Arc + Vaal Blade Vortex) for examples

Sorry no insight on summoners...
Hi, i have played through 3 leagues and ia m still trying to figure out what kind of builds i prefer the most in terms of leaguestarter and endgame content viability. I have leaguestarted with arc trapper, zombie(skeletons) necromancer, and dominating blow guardian. Those are the builds that snowballed me tghroughout acts and absolutely destroyed kitava with little to no effort.

1) Arc trapper- you will experience sweet satisfying oneshoting cracks throughout the game, but i am afraid that you will have to activate traps for them to proc( correct me if i am wrong), but despite that fact- the build is pretty satisfying, just get yourself a deerstalker boots and from that point your game begins

2) Zombiemancer- IDK about starting purely from zombies, i leveled this build, playing skelemages. Eventualy something changed my mind and i decided to make a queen of the gym, rebuilding in zombiemancer. I heard this build is a great leaguestarter, because of an enormous tankiness of zombies, but their 'special' intellect is a trouble, you have to learn how to make them attavk the target you want. This build is also a great endgame farmer. Go on and farm red tier maps with your pack of gachi zombies, constantly slamming the ground. Try shaper guardians and shaper, but, ofc, be wary of shaper. He can beat ur ass realy hard if u get sloppy

3) Dominating guardian- first of all- i leveled this build with smite and got heavily disappointed, respec on dominator, and then the fun started. It is a fun feeling to see a pack of bodyguards melting an enemy, making moshpit on high tier maps and basicaly working as a meatshield for u. Just stack block and hp to make it through the game. You can play soultaker/double aura or scourge terror claw + 1 aura but with a pack of wolves. Also i realy recomend to put animated guardian in 2 and 3 builds. Have fun, sorry for twisted English

The following builds are not nerfed in this patch and pretty reliable without high cost currency ( only astramentis on zombiemancer was expensive when i leveled this build, but now it costs nothing)

Hi, i have played through 3 leagues and ia m still trying to figure out what kind of builds i prefer the most in terms of leaguestarter and endgame content viability. I have leaguestarted with arc trapper, zombie(skeletons) necromancer, and dominating blow guardian. Those are the builds that snowballed me tghroughout acts and absolutely destroyed kitava with little to no effort.

1) Arc trapper- you will experience sweet satisfying oneshoting cracks throughout the game, but i am afraid that you will have to activate traps for them to proc( correct me if i am wrong), but despite that fact- the build is pretty satisfying, just get yourself a deerstalker boots and from that point your game begins

2) Zombiemancer- IDK about starting purely from zombies, i leveled this build, playing skelemages. Eventualy something changed my mind and i decided to make a queen of the gym, rebuilding in zombiemancer. I heard this build is a great leaguestarter, because of an enormous tankiness of zombies, but their 'special' intellect is a trouble, you have to learn how to make them attavk the target you want. This build is also a great endgame farmer. Go on and farm red tier maps with your pack of gachi zombies, constantly slamming the ground. Try shaper guardians and shaper, but, ofc, be wary of shaper. He can beat ur ass realy hard if u get sloppy

3) Dominating guardian- first of all- i leveled this build with smite and got heavily disappointed, respec on dominator, and then the fun started. It is a fun feeling to see a pack of bodyguards melting an enemy, making moshpit on high tier maps and basicaly working as a meatshield for u. Just stack block and hp to make it through the game. You can play soultaker/double aura or scourge terror claw + 1 aura but with a pack of wolves. Also i realy recomend to put animated guardian in 2 and 3 builds. Have fun, sorry for twisted English

The following builds are not nerfed in this patch and pretty reliable without high cost currency ( only astramentis on zombiemancer was expensive when i leveled this build, but now it costs nothing)

"
kurtcombain wrote:

Is there a Duelist Starter HC build? like galdiator wise? I really need help to find a direction lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info