[3.4] Champion Voidforge+Xoph's Blood pure fire combo (for any attack build)

[3.4] Champion Voidforge + Xoph's Blood pure fire combo

English is not my mother tongue and I've never used this kind of board system(first time to post something long here) so plz understand some wrong or wierd sentences or mis-linking URLs if there's any.
Plz correct me and I will fix it after checking. thanks ahead.

Hi guys, just wanted to share my Voidforge + Xoph's Blood combo.
I've cleared all endgame contents with less than 20ex budget total with this setup.

Any kind of two-handed sword attack skill is usable for this build, but damage converting skills(ex. consecrated path, ice crash...) are much better than non-converting skills.

I use Molten Strike simply because it is so OP both in damage dealing / tanking.
All of the POB and linked items are from my character using MS so you can change any item/6L setup for other skills except essential core items - which are Voidforge 6L, Xoph's blood and 2 unique rings.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pros / Cons

+tanky (facetanking T16 shaper guardians / elder guardians with 7k+ life)
+high damage (enough to kill uber elder at least)
+fast clear speed
+not excessively expensive in total
+using many unique items so relatively easy to buy, easy to set.

-melee
-2 expensive items are mandatory
(Voidforge with 6L / Xoph's blood)

Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/n6F4Nst1

my lvl 94 champion as it is. changed nothing.

important: POB and ingame tooltip cannot show voidforge's random gain option.
so you can edit VF's "gain 300% of~" to

gain 100% of weapon physical damage as extra fire damage
gain 100% of weapon physical damage as extra cold damage
gain 100% of weapon physical damage as extra lightning damage

to get same damage calculation on POB as expected value of voidforge.

on my POB up there i've already edited my one so it can be a reference.

Important nods from passive tree:
Elemental overlord / Lava lash / Constitution
(Point blank and Iron grip for Molten Strike)

Gears

expected total cost: depends, but 15~20ex i guess.

perserverance belt provides permanent onslaught.
relatively low resistance from unique items so high resistance needed on jewels, boots and gloves.

possible extra investment:
Molten strike's 3 additional projectile enchantment on helmet(might be the best one)
using high HP+high physical damage+resistance abyss jewels with corrupted tombfist with good implicit (if you can handle with resistance)

Skill links

Molten strike - multistrike - ancestral call - elemental damage with attack - fire penetration - elemental focus(or concentrated effect)

vitality - herald of purity - arctic armour - enlighten(lvl 3 is enough)

Cast when damage taken(lvl 5) - immortal call(lvl 7) - increased duration - enfeeble(lvl 8)

leap slam - faster attack - ancestral protector - blood rage

if not using molten strike, you can just change main 6L skill and other setups as you like. but one thing essential is herald of purity. It has triple amount of effect with Voidforge's 300% gain option. you must use it.

Bandit / Pantheon

kills all for 2 passive points / major: Arakaali, minor: Tukohama

Build mechanic: damage

Voidforge has low base-physical damage but gains 300% of it as randon elemental damage, and cannot deal any physical damage(but physical damage is not zero. it is still there, but VF's "deal no non-elemental damage" option simply blocks it).

All damage are converted to fire damage(with very little loss) by combination of Avatar of fire from Xoph's blood, pyre and call of brotherhood.
(you can even loss nothing if using legacy version of pyre/COTB in standard)

easy calculation:

300% of random elemental damage gain =
100% fire + 100% cold + 100% lightning damage gained as expected value.

fire damage: 100% remains
cold damage: 50% converted to fire by Avatar of fire, 40% converted to fire by pyre. total 90% converted to fire. 10% loss.
lightning damage: 50% converted to fire by AoF, 40% converted to cold by CotB ring option. 90% of this 40% being converted to fire. so total 86% converted to fire. 14% loss.

which makes total 100+90+86 = 276% fire damage of base physical damage gaining.

and physical damage: Voidforge's <deal no non-elemental damage> option blocks physical damage to work, but Avatar Of Fire from Xoph's Blood converts 50% of physical damage to Fire damage. so 50% of physical damage revives as fire damage.
for molten strike, 100% of physical damage is converted to fire damage (50% from AoF, 60% from skill so it will be scaled to 100% anyway). this is why i recommend to use attack skills with damage conversion.

so maximum total 276+100 = 376% of base physical damage is gained as fire damage
(and for standard, it becomes whole 400% of base damage gained as fire damage with legacy version of 2 rings)

and Starforge and Voidforge comparison:

They have same base item: infernal sword.

SF has maximum 500% increased physical damage so its perfect roll has 600% of infernal sword base damage as pure physical damage.

VF has maximum 100% increased physical damage, so maximum 200% of infernal sword's damage is VF's base physical damage and calculated total damage is 376% of it as fire damage: so 752% of infernal sword base damage value as pure fire damage. (again, with legacy rings it becomes 800% total fire damage with no loss at all)

conclusion: Voidforge has higher DPS than Starforge using this combo.
(30% quality with max roll voidforge becomes +1000 EDPS weapon even without legacy rings)

Build mechanic: Defense

Fortitude from champion ascendancy(permanent fortify: 20% less hit damage taken)
+
Conquere from champion ascendancy(6% reduced damage taken)
+
Arctic armour(15% less fire/physical hit damage taken while stationary)
+
moderate armour+evasion(7k armour / 6k evasion without any flask)
+
basalt flask(15% physical damage reduction)
+
taste of hate flask(20% physical damage taken as cold damage during flask effect)
+
minor pantheon Tukohama(maximum 8% physical damage reduction when stationary)
+
high regen from here and there(higher than 10%/s during combat)
+
enfeeble on CWDT link
+
maximum 30 life gain on hit option from watcher's eye jewel(Molten strike... yes)

result:
high damage prevension+life regen+life leech+life gain makes it almost invincible while facetanking+firing molten strike projectile like fountain.

I wanna put facetanking video but didn't record any :(
T16 Minotaur simply cannot kill this build.

+can easily facetank shaper slam and back to full life in a second.

trials and errors i did (not really important)

I was really into Voidforge since it's introduced to the game at 3.2 patch, but realized its fatal problems while using it - especially compared to Starforge.

1. Starforge builds can use Vaal doublestrike for bossfight, which provides extremely high damage with bleeding(easily deletes T16 guardian in seconds)
and VF cannot implicate bleeding because it is pure elemental damage weapon.
Vaal ancestral warchief can be alternative but not as good as Vaal DS.

2. VF is pure random elemental damage weapon, so elemental damage penetration in passive nods is mandatory which is unnecessary for SF.

the only item which provides high all-elemental penetration is shroud of the lightless, but its high cost(i know SOTL itself is not expensive, but it makes whole item setup to abyss jewel focused and more than 10 of high hp + high physical damage jewels are really expensive in total, and even hard and takes time to collect) made me to discard that choice.

so i needed to allocate Primeval forces and Forces of nature which provides "damage with weapon penetrates x% elemental resistance". other sword / attack passive nods are near there to put(which is good), but it forces the build to be...

3. Crit Build with two-hand sword - which is not really efficient compared to dual/1H.
sword passive nods and attack nods near Primeval Forces provide crit chance / crit multiplier so the whole build setup should be focused on Crit for efficiency - which made me allocate Disembowling(so far away in passive tree)

4. Even these nods for penetrations are not enough, so I neede to use Wise Oak flask, and it is really really annoying to set all the resistances same.

5. Using passive points for penetration / crit, so cannot allocate life nods enough.
As a melee build this is a big problem.

So i started it all over again, inspired by elemental hit builds which convers all to fire / non critical / Elemental Overlord build... and here I am, providing enough life nods by not wasting any passive point on crit or all resistance penetration.

thanks for reading!
Last edited by psybaru on Nov 28, 2018, 8:55:47 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2018, 3:01:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info