3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
Calibas wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:
For those who've reached endgame/maps, how's the build working out? Curious about switching to this from the current SB build I'm following, as this does look more viable for killing bosses overall...

I've been tearing through red maps with the Occultist build. High DPS and quite tanky when you've got all the curses going.

Sounds promising, though I'm on the Templar/Heirophant currently. Was running with a build I found earlier, and was curious about switching over to this one, but wondered if it was worth the price...
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
Calibas wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:
For those who've reached endgame/maps, how's the build working out? Curious about switching to this from the current SB build I'm following, as this does look more viable for killing bosses overall...

I've been tearing through red maps with the Occultist build. High DPS and quite tanky when you've got all the curses going.

Sounds promising, though I'm on the Templar/Heirophant currently. Was running with a build I found earlier, and was curious about switching over to this one, but wondered if it was worth the price...

I don't think you'll see much of a difference unless you get some crazy gear. Shimmeron + Void Battery Ascendants are a pretty good option for bossing.
Last edited by muera on Jan 6, 2019, 3:06:16 AM
Aren't those pretty expensive? Yeesh... Maybe I should reconsider all-together...
"
Hobo_Wilkins wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on this thread, because this build caught my eye early on and I decided to stay with a much earlier "version", than what the OP's current iteration is.

I'm running an Occultist Arc Totem build, with some tweaks of my own and I could not be happier with where this build is currently at.

Feel free to check out my characters gear and passive tree, the characters name is Kobra_Kai_Dojo_Ho.

The damage is really good, but Don't just take my word for it. Here is a link to my character in Path of Building.

https://pastebin.com/Kzb5GPDj

Please note a couple of key things.

The effective dps currently shown is with 15 wither stacks. I haven't had a boss last for over 5 seconds in quite a while, so most likely those stacks will be lower outside of guardians/shaper/elder/uber elder.

Also I had to manually place the wither stacks in with a "Fake" gem because path of building was not treating my character as a walking wither totem "Ascendancy, Withering Presence"

Also, you could drop Wicked Ward and Forbidden power for Malediction and Profane Bloom, for even more damage and a side grade on survivability, but you would need to generate power charges some where else, "Power charge on crit gem in your main gem set up would work", and you would also need to gear differently to pick up more effective HP In my opinion.

As for survivability, as of right now, it's pretty good, everything gets frozen and dies so fast almost nothing touches me, but the gearing process and getting to the point that my gear currently is(No where near min/maxed by the way) can be a bit rough, if your effective HP is too low.

Thanks for this post. I'm also following the earlier arc totem iteration of the build. However, I was influenced by the other guys and I'm now running 3 aura's and 3 curses and using MOM and eldritch battery and I use an extra totem shield. But I'm now considering dropping some of these from my build and moving to a build more similar to yours. I managed to crank my life up to 4600, but EB and MOM are really killing me. I'm a new player, and my skills are severely lacking and I feel like dropping EB and MOM should help me.

EDIT: by recording myself I found out that MOM and EB combo doesn't work like I espected (I took 4k life damage and only 500ES, and it really made me wonder how that ratio could possibly happen)... Then I learned that chaos damage wouldn't be ignored if my mana wouldn't cover it, instead it would go back to life!!... I was running around with minus 35% chaos resistance, and 98% reserved mana. No wonder things kill me. Time to get chaos resis!
Last edited by armaexile on Jan 6, 2019, 1:43:56 PM
"
DarkenX wrote:
Aren't those pretty expensive? Yeesh... Maybe I should reconsider all-together...

Void battery is ya 🙂 This build (CI occu) is super tanky and deals with bosses pretty well but I wouldn't call it a boss killer. Going with Ascendant is hard and also expensive.. so juyt stay with this one maybe 🙂
"
muera wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

Void battery is ya 🙂 This build (CI occu) is super tanky and deals with bosses pretty well but I wouldn't call it a boss killer. Going with Ascendant is hard and also expensive.. so juyt stay with this one maybe 🙂

But I'm going for the Heirophant, haha. And yeah, VB would take a LONG time to get my hands on, but so would a 6-link Incandescent... Hmm...
SO I was captured by this build then got confused because more peeps were using occultist instead of heirophant. Im now 82 and followed pretty much the set up the orginal posted started with and Im looking for idea on improving it. Only doing 10 maps and under but not sure how they got to over 3k es and 3k hp Ideas?
I was following his steps with curses on heirophant and respecced to his latest version and things are much much better. You should do the same ASAP.

Is fossil crafting the most reliable way to get non-chaos as extra chaos on shield? Been watching trades for a few days and when I search *any* shields *only* with that mod at 1% I always get nothing.
"
RaltSh wrote:
I was following his steps with curses on heirophant and respecced to his latest version and things are much much better. You should do the same ASAP.

Is fossil crafting the most reliable way to get non-chaos as extra chaos on shield? Been watching trades for a few days and when I search *any* shields *only* with that mod at 1% I always get nothing.

You can craft the 10-11% non-chaos to chaos onto a shield. That's more than likely why you are missing it on a search.
Ack, I just saw where the talent tree starts and that it uses Alira... But I don't want to re-roll yet another character. x-x Maybe I can make due with the Bandits dead and a bad starting area...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info