[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

yeah, if it needs another dmg skill for killing bosses (with 3+ support gem switches at worst) one can play https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971701 in the first place.

All in with the new shit or nothing.
Last edited by deimudda69 on Dec 2, 2018, 1:51:47 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
I think the middle proj is supposed to impale but wont deal any more damage than the rest. thats how it seemed to me. But anyways, you're still trying to use the shock mechanic for something it's not meant to be used for. It wont make a big difference. Starforge's 100 life or the fact that you can have 2 6links or wear kaoms heart are bigger advantages than the shock. The banners that were introduced too, they are a much bigger buff to the build than shock.

Not sure why shock intrigues u so much. r u trying to combine starforge + inpulsa? because that might be a bigger factor than shaper dps. clearing maps fast takes AOE and speed. Not shocking for more dps.

Clearing trash in maps is pretty easy for nearly all builds. So my line of thinking is totally geared more towards bosses. It's not just about the Shock Mechanic. It's also about the new Impale mechanic as well.

I am thinking more about the 10% damage 'bursts' that Impale offers. A big beefy 2Her would seem to take advantage of that a lot more than a 1Her would, no?

A Starforge is roughly a 730 DPS weapon, while Beltimber is about 280 DPS. So Beltimber would have to attack about twice as fast to keep up pace with the Impale bursts.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Last edited by arkon9944 on Dec 2, 2018, 4:29:50 PM
"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
I think the middle proj is supposed to impale but wont deal any more damage than the rest. thats how it seemed to me. But anyways, you're still trying to use the shock mechanic for something it's not meant to be used for. It wont make a big difference. Starforge's 100 life or the fact that you can have 2 6links or wear kaoms heart are bigger advantages than the shock. The banners that were introduced too, they are a much bigger buff to the build than shock.

Not sure why shock intrigues u so much. r u trying to combine starforge + inpulsa? because that might be a bigger factor than shaper dps. clearing maps fast takes AOE and speed. Not shocking for more dps.

Clearing trash in maps is pretty easy for nearly all builds. So my line of thinking is totally geared more towards bosses. It's not just about the Shock Mechanic. It's also about the new Impale mechanic as well.

I am thinking more about the 10% damage 'bursts' that Impale offers. A big beefy 2Her would seem to take advantage of that a lot more than a 1Her would, no?

A Starforge is roughly a 730 DPS weapon, while Beltimber is about 280 DPS. So Beltimber would have to attack about twice as fast to keep up pace with the Impale bursts.

yea but dual wield bonus is huge plus additional proj is important. Starforge will be strong tho. not saying its bad. its also nice that the fact that it cant deal ele damage will no longer be a disadvantage anymore. But still, it's too expensive for league start.
"
arkon9944 wrote:

As someone who attempted a crit starforge Spectral throw build - Its really hard to get the attack speed high enough with that sword to feel smooth. It just felt terribly clunky despite the dps being fairly solid. I'd expect the same with Lancing or Shattering to be the case.

That being said - the 'heaviness' of the hits doesn't matter for the impale - its a 10% damage increase overall per impale. Faster hits get more impales out, slower hits get less but a harder impale. Assuming the same DPS for two different builds, attacking at different rates, impale will be the same overall dps increase.

As for overall dps - Starforge is 723 max, belltimber is 304. With dual wield bonus, its 401. The main benefit comes from the projectiles. Assuming, for example, with shattering steel you can hit even one more time from the 4 added projectiles, thats double damage. Lancing steel looks far easier to hit multiple projectiles assuming the boss is fatter. Belltimber also scales better with added damage due to its lower base.

All that being said - we still have to wait to see how the skills work, both mechanics and #'s wise, with different things. I.E. will volley work with shattering?

"
Haussman wrote:
"
arkon9944 wrote:

As someone who attempted a crit starforge Spectral throw build - Its really hard to get the attack speed high enough with that sword to feel smooth. It just felt terribly clunky despite the dps being fairly solid. I'd expect the same with Lancing or Shattering to be the case.

That being said - the 'heaviness' of the hits doesn't matter for the impale - its a 10% damage increase overall per impale. Faster hits get more impales out, slower hits get less but a harder impale. Assuming the same DPS for two different builds, attacking at different rates, impale will be the same overall dps increase.

As for overall dps - Starforge is 723 max, belltimber is 304. With dual wield bonus, its 401. The main benefit comes from the projectiles. Assuming, for example, with shattering steel you can hit even one more time from the 4 added projectiles, thats double damage. Lancing steel looks far easier to hit multiple projectiles assuming the boss is fatter. Belltimber also scales better with added damage due to its lower base.

All that being said - we still have to wait to see how the skills work, both mechanics and #'s wise, with different things. I.E. will volley work with shattering?

I'm thinking lancing will suck for bossing. The proj spreads too widely

For Shattering, I'm thinking 1 of these 2 will get many proj to hit 1 boss and maximize single target DPS:

high # proj + Volley + high AOE + ranged position

OR

high # proj + pointblank + right in the boss's face (no Volley, no AOE)

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

For Shattering, I'm thinking 1 of these 2 will get many proj to hit 1 boss and maximize single target DPS:

OR

My understanding of Shattering is that it doesn't shatter until after it hits something or travels a certain distance. I actually think Lancing will be better for bosses if you're trying to 'shotgun' hits onto them over Shattering...if I'm understanding how they work correctly.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

OR

My understanding of Shattering is that it doesn't shatter until after it hits something or travels a certain distance. I actually think Lancing will be better for bosses if you're trying to 'shotgun' hits onto them over Shattering...if I'm understanding how they work correctly.

yea so for shattering single target, you have to be far away enough for the aoe to hit, or, you can be right up in their face so the proj hits before it shatters
Its going to take a bit of experimentation to find the best combination of skills, supports I think, which should be fun.
Based on previous experience shotgunning projectiles will either not be effective at all, or massively OP for a while.

I'm planning on starting with elemental or hybrid ele, then transitioning to pure phys. It's just a bit easier gearing wise until you can get a nice rare/beltimbers. Get some cold and the shatters are nice while you are still squishy too.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Its going to take a bit of experimentation to find the best combination of skills, supports I think, which should be fun.
Based on previous experience shotgunning projectiles will either not be effective at all, or massively OP for a while.

I'm planning on starting with elemental or hybrid ele, then transitioning to pure phys. It's just a bit easier gearing wise until you can get a nice rare/beltimbers. Get some cold and the shatters are nice while you are still squishy too.

yea im thinking the same as u. if i use ewar's, i will probably do ele first. added cold/lightning levels with u so it could be nice.
How will this build live? What protective mehanics does he have? What about sustain mana?
Last edited by zzizu on Dec 3, 2018, 3:37:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info