[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

Hey guys ! Here is my take on the CoC variant let me know what you think about it ! I still have to get some pricey items like Atziri's acuity, Belts and Boots with Cooldown Recovery Speed and my Loreweave but the damage for now is pretty decent :

EDIT : Updated my gear ! Got really lucky and bought really expensive stuff to test the limits of the build

Here is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/TbRkRTwh

Red Elder was a pain, i lacked so much dps in the portal phase i couldn't do it on my own... The guardians of Shaper and Elder encounters went pretty well, Shaper himself has been cleared as well, but i fear uber elder won't be doable...
The map clear is really good ! Some betrayal are really hard to deal with idk if it's for everyone =X
I would not advise this build for starter league because i must confess kinda struggled to reach 5k hp it's not that safe but it's been really fun for me so far and i don't regret it one second :

What i have now :
Last edited by Jauny on Dec 13, 2018, 8:07:47 PM
"
Jauny wrote:
Hey guys ! Here is my take on the CoC variant let me know what you think about it ! I still have to get some pricey items like Atziri's acuity, Belts and Boots with Cooldown Recovery Speed and my Loreweave but the damage for now is pretty decent :

I had the cheap amulet 100% crit chance and -25% crit multiplier before the bisco but i guess a good rare with life and crit stats would be better for a full damage approach

nice.

i'm trying to not use warlords by getting mana on hit and cold leech amulet. I got these nice items yesterday. crafted the helm

Okay so I am still running my lancing steel. The damage is okay-ish. I am just finishing up on a few life nodes and then I need to optimize my gear a bit.

This is what I am using atm:
Spoiler

maybe someone can explain some things to me:
1. what is important about the offhand? I have found various other offhands with higher damage / more attack speed and still this one gives me the most sheet dps.
2. multiple projectiles? why? I don't see a reason to use gmp or get +1 projectiles from the ascendancy. or use an item for that. The skill channels - meaning it fires of projectiles as long as you channel. it's not like barrage. Barrage has a fixed number of projectiles and when you use the skill it will fire off all of them before you can do anything else. LS fires one if you channel short and more if you channel longer. or am I wrong here?

on items:
Haemophilia is a like Inpulsas for bleeds - it gives you nice damage to clear packs especially when your damage is not that high
Dreamfeather plays nice especially since you have a lot of options to push your Evasion as a ranger. (and as mentioned above I don't see a reason to gmp)

Also I could probably use some help with the tree. It's not superbad but there might be some minmaxing that could help.

Gems:
currently running Molten Strike 4l as a secondary attack for single target. Especially nice for a lot of the Betrayal guys.
Ancestral and Golem with culling strike is nice
Vaal Spectral Blade is only for fun and for additional damage on bosses.

The more damage I get the better LS gets for single target as well. But it still sometimes feels lacking. Facetanking with Molten Strike is definitely easier.
I have a banner, but I rarely use it.
Also I am a bit unsure if my support gems for LS are the best.

Otherwise I am doing fine-ish at t4 maps atm. its how far I got my mapping. Damage is mostly enough and survivability is also mostly enough.
Hey guys! Been playing around with this skill alot here is what I got. 12 mil Shaper dps with everything going. Don't have this gear yet and some of it is left over from a different build but I got the setup down and it feels good to play.

https://pastebin.com/pZTapMdv

Notes:
-Rares are not optimized
-Gem setups are not optimized
-Total DPS = (Total dps inc. poison + adrenaline dps (champion node)) * 7 (number of projectiles)
-Not likely to hit more than 7 projectiles on most targets. The spread gets to big.
-Hard to get all shot to land up close so I don't like point blank that is why its not in the build.
-Too much of dps sacrifice to get chain when pierce works pretty well.
-Not running brutality support because herald of ash, vile toxins, and flasks are op.

Buffs:
-Herald of Purity
-Herald of Ash (helps clear alot)
-Herald of Agony (mostly for poison chance)
-War Banner (adrenaline is op)

Weapons:
-Beltimber Blade (Far Shot + 2 additional projectiles op)
-high dps foil (jewelled foil is the best base)

6-Link:
-Lancing Steel (quality is important on this one, basically 10% MORE dps)
-Maim
-Damage on Full Life
-Vicious Projectiles
-Chance to Bleed (Slower Projectiles is better dps but I don't like the slow projectiles)
-Vile Toxins (don't care about poison dps just need 10 stacks to get the 50% more. At 62 hits a second with 40% chance to poison not to hard)

Last edited by Savari94 on Dec 11, 2018, 11:03:28 PM
Leveled with Frostblades and just swapped to Lancing Steel. Feels absolutly OK with the Gear and Gemlevels i have atm. Not Supergood, it wont be a nice League Starter, but also not bad.

Gear:
Spoiler

Starter Gear, nothing too fancy.

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeA4cEsQUtBbUGIAaiCC4Mcw2NES8T2hR1FfYWvxfcGY4brSP2JJ0mlS5TMHEwfDGwNj04ljpCQzFHfkp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLW69ei2BBYRBh4mHrYlpirGNwZU1sjHBSdKB07XXLdf16U3sUfXWA4YO9hG-E2Yd2idOMNo19jX6Nv5VmmyabjZ2qo4qkwqZ_r-uxAbGztMW1SLcXvTa-p8Lsy_XNmM9602_TftQj1ELUUtrB3L3dqOJe5ojnD-jW6b3qYutj7UHtg-4O8LvyuPzF_ro=?accountName=Raz0rblade&characterName=Lancerina

There are some nice Variants posted in this Thread, but i think i stick for Pure Phys now.
Last edited by Raz0rblade on Dec 12, 2018, 8:54:41 AM
Quick update, mostly geared now, level 79

Need to upgrade ring and amulet slot, and maybe get a stygian over the rustic sash.
The damage feels much better than PoB makes out.
Really could do with more life though. I might rejig to grab scion life later. SOme ok dps nodes near there too.
how's the end game of this BD
I managed to run it, 90 now.
probably worth removing "this is bad build" already. Actually a build of a dream for me.
I made it elemental lightning, actually ele wander tree but instead of top part going wanders just take swords.
Tunerfists and wrath. You go kinetic blast with double piscators for tier 1 clear speed maps, X for double Ewar's mirage. As our damage come from + added, mirage is great dispite low its own flat. Much, much better than barrage at beginning, with under 1ex of gear.

Check my profile.
Last edited by joy_gang on Dec 13, 2018, 8:57:51 AM
"
joy_gang wrote:
I managed to run it, 90 now.
probably worth removing "this is bad build" already. Actually a build of a dream for me.
I made it elemental lightning, actually ele wander tree but instead of top part going wanders just take swords.
Tunerfists and wrath. You go kinetic blast with double piscators for tier 1 clear speed maps, X for double Ewar's mirage. As our damage come from + added, mirage is great dispite low its own flat. Much, much better than barrage at beginning, with under 1ex of gear.

Check my profile.

That's certainly a different approach!
Using paradoxica swords might be an interesting variant over the ewars, though they are a bit slow.
Why this great skill dosn't interact with Volley at all.....
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info