Lancing Steel and impale could've been a perfect opportunity to introduce spears to the game

I mean, "impale"? That screams spears. I guess we'll never get them.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 3:04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's a lot of work for GGG to add new weapon types at this point. That being said, I'd love spears/long weapons.

They'd just have to figure out a way to integrate them into the passive tree; my personal suggestion for doing so would be to spread spear passives out along the left side of the tree by making existing nodes hybrid x/spear nodes. So a sword ring would become sword/spear, an axe ring axe/spear, a staff ring staff/spear, etc. until there are enough spear nodes available with appropriately powered mods. That way the tree doesn't need to get any more crowded. Spears would be probably be able to use existing melee skill gems, maybe with one or two unique ones.

Crossbows, on the other hand, could be introduced more easily if they were just new bow types with different animations. There wouldn't be much need to change skill gems or passives; MAYBE quivers would be awkward though.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 20, 2018, 1:16:01 AM
"
demon9675 wrote:
It's a lot of work for GGG to add new weapon types at this point. That being said, I'd love spears/long weapons.

They'd just have to figure out a way to integrate them into the passive tree; my personal suggestion for doing so would be to spread spear passives out along the left side of the tree by making existing nodes hybrid x/spear nodes. So a sword ring would become sword/spear, an axe ring axe/spear, a staff ring staff/spear, etc. until there are enough spear nodes available with appropriately powered mods. That way the tree doesn't need to get any more crowded. Spears would be probably be able to use existing melee skill gems, maybe with one or two unique ones.

Crossbows, on the other hand, could be introduced more easily if they were just new bow types with different animations. There wouldn't be much need to change skill gems or passives; MAYBE quivers would be awkward though.

Crossbow bolts have to come from somewhere too, you know. Quivers are still used.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I'd love crossbows. They could have less frequent, but heavier hits than bows. Maybe lower range, but penetration bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info