Maurauder Character LvL 90 died

Hi guys,

here is another thread about dying of a Character (ok I know it's getting boring). I'm not expecting too much respond as the threads of that kind getting inflational and I also don't expect my char back.

Nevertheless as it happened the second time I'd like to ask if someone had a similiar experiences like me. Here some Background Facts:
Char: Lvl 90 Juggernaut
HP: 6549
Energ: 241
Activated Endurace Charges: 7
Fortify activated
Full Resistancies except Chaos 11%

Map Tier 6 - Tribunal
Cursed Vulnerability
80 % Extra Lightning Area cleared except one vigour monster (no boss)

I died instantly. Seemed to me like a Balancing issue, isn't it? WHat do you think

Thanks for exchanging experiences!
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 6:58:54 AM
Died to what?
Give us more information.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 19, 2018, 4:05:59 PM
It could be anything. What were the other map mods? Just those two? If more, perhaps you overlooked reflect mod? Any rare monster with Nemesis mod? Did you die to that rare, boss, or something else?
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
it could be anything really. the game is fully randomized and sometimes rng creates crazy unfavorable situations. Or you just made a mistake. I died many times in maps to overconfidence with chars that seemed immortal in all situations except top tier bosses..

also, the stats you mentioned are mediocre, especially for HC Jugg.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
No other important map mods and yes it was hc Delve.

I assume some more enemies with a wide range attacks out of my light radius in combination with vulnerability and getting shocked and perhaps crit. hit.

Nevertheless it's getting real hard climbing the hc league to higher levels under these circumstances.

But thanks for your reply
It´s hard to say really without any proof.

Vulnerability means 30%?+ physical damage taken (not sure about scaling in t6 map)

80% an extra elemental damages means 20% damage taken (with 75% elemental resistances)

Shock / Critical hit is possible and probably been hit multiple times in short sequence.

Nullifier monster can removes charges and flask effects on hit (pretty dangerous if you rely on endurance charges).

There are more monster modifiers that might be dangerous

f.e. Deadly modifier +65% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (Hidden)

Reducing critical damage seems a good thing in HC

But again hard to tell really.

R.I.P.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 20, 2018, 5:41:56 AM
What about your other stats?

Iron Reflexes taken? Armour? Evasion? Block / dodge, etc...?

What was that monster - some hard hitter? Have you died from single or multiple hits?

For analysis purposes - I suggest to setup game recording - e.g. through NVidia shadowplay - can record e.g. last 10 mins of gameplay.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Nov 21, 2018, 6:55:05 AM
Need to see the character really, 7 endurance charges and fortify isn't that relevant if you have 0 armour for example vs mass small hits, with extra damage as lightning spike beasts would be pretty threatening.

Getting one shot with that on a T6 is pretty much impossible so thats out, could be a nullifier, could be lightning mirages and you were stood still or a volatile + some random hits.

Tbh not enough information to speculate but with the stats you've provided it was a play mistake most likely (or flask mistake)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info