Where is my armour and phys. reduction?

I've just had 10-15min merciless, mostly debuffed Izaro fight and emerged victorious at the end. I've been playing PoE for years but a maradurer with a 2-handed weapon for the first time and I've never had this much trouble before with Izaro.

I'm level 69 Chieftain. I've got 4k armor with 59% estimated phys. reduction and 654 life reg/sec with 4 endurance charges and 3.7k life. I achieve 7k-11.5k dps with a shaped 2-handed mace. With these stats, I cannot facetank Izaro with a 2-handed weapon.

Yeah, I know what I've been lacking: fortify. Nevertheless, I was in the leveling process and when I hit level 70, I'll completely change my gear and go for a RF spell caster instead of static charge that I've used during the campaign.

How did my 10-15min fight go? I had two (legacy) rumi flasks for defense that god depleted quickly. So what happened is then I ran around chicken to fill them and when one is up, I try to facetank Izaro during the rumi time which ends in about 5 seconds. When the rumi time was over, I resumed running around like a chicken until I got one rumi ready again.

2-handed weapon with 0% block chance sucks. I've played mostly spell casters or CoC with ES gear and once with dual wield claw. I've had block all the time via either dual wield or standard shield block or staff block (whispering ice). I've never had this much trouble before.
Last edited by Varvarel on Nov 18, 2018, 12:53:15 PM
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2018, 6:17:18 PM
Well,

2-handed weapons are weak right now. You are lvl 69 only. Bossfights aren't designed to be facetanked. Some movement should be involved. The title of your post is all around defence, but the text reads more like you are lacking a lot of DPS. Offence is good defence too.
If you want to be lazy you should drop the 2handed weapon, go for dual wield with stat stick in the offhand. squeeze 20 more levels out of your character and gear up properly.
Maybe your gems aren't best? you certainly lack some levels there too.
"
Varvarel wrote:
I've been playing PoE for years

And you're struggling with game mechanics?
"
marc004 wrote:

... but the text reads more like you are lacking a lot of DPS. Offence is good defence too...

"
"
Varvarel wrote:
I've been playing PoE for years

And you're struggling with game mechanics?

As I've said this warchief is RF EE spell caster, not a 2-handed melee build. I've used 2-handed melee (with static strike) only during the leveling process up to level 70.
Last edited by Varvarel on Nov 24, 2018, 6:17:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info