elder map x elder map + elder orb

what's the difference if running elder map x elder map + with elder orb on atlas?

After 5 and 5 map Elder Underground see. I don't see any difference.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 5:56:12 AM
What exactly do you mean? The difference between an Elder map dropped because you used an Elder Orb on a map and the mod from the map device?
Ok. I have two situation.

1. I have/buy Elder Underground Sea Map and run. On the Atlas have Undeground Sea Map tier 6.

2. I have/buy Elder Underground Sea Map and run. On the Atlas have Elder Undeground Sea Map tier 16. I used Elder's Orb.

Is any diferrence betwen these two cases? Diferent loot?

Last edited by Vocasek9 on Nov 19, 2018, 12:02:23 AM
It doesnt matter how your Atlas is.
Your Atlas tells you only what can be dropped.
If you do not shape your map to t16, you will only drop Guardian maps while you run t16.
Last edited by Noxxob on Nov 19, 2018, 2:04:46 AM
"
It doesnt matter how your Atlas is.
Your Atlas tells you only what can be dropped.
If you do not shape your map to t16, you will only drop Guardian maps while you run t16.

Thanks for clarification.
It will also affect where the Elder's Influence will respawn if it does after the map (and ofc if it was not already on Atlas before).
If Underground Sea is T16 on Atlas, the influence will pop on a random non-shaped T15 map, otherwise it will be on a T6.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Nov 19, 2018, 7:06:18 PM
"
xhul wrote:
It will also affect where the Elder's Influence will respawn if it does after the map (and ofc if it was not already on Atlas before).
If Underground Sea is T16 on Atlas, the influence will pop on a random non-shaped T15 map, otherwise it will be on a T6.

Ok. Thanks.

Now I am trying push elder to the left, up corner for farming EGS with pernament elder/shaper influence.

I wil stuck in this stage (screen). I always mess it up. Which map need to run now.

And maybe stupid question. What will hapen if unshaped map with elder influence. Influence will disappear?

Sorry for my English.
"EGS" ? I'll assume it's the map you highlighted on the screenshot.

Also, we need to know on which specific maps you want to spread the elder's influence, if you want some proper guidelines.
Anyway, i noticed you have 18 EI maps, which means that very soon (20), elder and his guardians will spawn, potentially on unwanted maps.
The solution to avoid that is to manually cut the influence as soon as possible.
Only after that you can start to think about a spreading plan.
"
xhul wrote:
"EGS" ? I'll assume it's the map you highlighted on the screenshot.

Also, we need to know on which specific maps you want to spread the elder's influence, if you want some proper guidelines.
Anyway, i noticed you have 18 EI maps, which means that very soon (20), elder and his guardians will spawn, potentially on unwanted maps.
The solution to avoid that is to manually cut the influence as soon as possible.
Only after that you can start to think about a spreading plan.

Ok. New stage on screenshot. I cut of Wharf.

I need elder influence on area with red highlighting.

I have few question.

1. What will hapen if cut off Mausoleum (blue circle 1)? Will disappear elder influence only on this map? Same question Orchad and Underground River map (blue circle 2,3)?

2. Leyline and Volcano map are conected (red circles). Which one should I do first?
Last edited by Vocasek9 on Nov 20, 2018, 3:26:21 AM
Way clearer now, thanks for your time.

1) For all those 3 maps, yes, the elder's influence would only leave 1 map.
Map 1 would become uninfluenced, because it has no adjacent shaper-influenced map, and 2 & 3 would become shaper-influenced.
However, it's important to note that removing 1 elder-influenced map is what's done on the player's turn of the atlas events.
You also have to count on the game's turn right after yours, so there's no guarentee to fully control how many maps will leave your elder's influence.
Example : You decide to complete map 3, so it becomes shaper-influenced (player's turn), then, on the game's turn, the shaper's influence randomly spreads from map 3 to undergground sea, effectively resulting in the loss of 3 elder-influenced maps (maze would be cut in the process).

2) In this configuration, doing volcano first would be wiser.
Because if you do leyline, the shaper could potentially spread from volcano to sulphur vents (game's turn), resulting in 3 elder maps lost at once.
Checking how many eldered maps you would lose in the worst scenario is one of the greatest approachs when spreading the elder's influence.
Last edited by xhul on Nov 20, 2018, 7:01:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info