How do I get rid of the unlock feature?

It is kind of getting annoying having to unlock the account just because IP changes over night, is there a way to just turn off this "feature"?
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2018, 4:20:49 AM
yes, you e-mail GGG support and ask them to remove the account security system from your account.
However, please remember that this will make your account wide open for hacking since the hacker no longer need to hack your e-mail also.
Hey guys, you should really streamline the process here, your support asks me new stupid questions every mail instead of just putting them all in one mail. This is really getting annoying to be honest.
yep, that is how GGG want it to be done. You are not the first person that complains about this.
I believe that Sarno is talking to them about trying to change this.
(Sarno is just an ordinary member of the community; his feedback is no more important than that posted by others. Anyone can post feedback if they would like to.)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Still going on with this, probably the worst support experience I ever had in a video game (process-wise)
"
Nezyrael wrote:
Still going on with this, probably the worst support experience I ever had in a video game (process-wise)

Reading between the lines, the game has a fundamental issue that there are a lot of F2P accounts, and some of these accounts are use by third parties to generate revenue via currency farming and power leveling.

The IP lock is just as much as a deterrent to prevent ease of account exchange between account owner and power-leveler.

If the IP lock is a user-side toggle, then it would be welcoming news to the power leveling service third parties.

And it seems like GGG support crew doesn't have the capacity to deal with account access issues right now, but ironically their account banning crew/scripts is still working full-time it seems.

BTW, has your account ever made any MTX transaction? I am suspecting if you have made some MTX purchase, your account issues would be given a higher priority.

Also, I have requested IP lock removal too on my F2P alt / mule account for this league, half way through the IP lock removal process they ban the account while I was playing in Asia during my travel, and I am still waiting to hear back.

Let that be a warning not to access your account from to far apart of a geographical regiond during the the IP lock removal procedure.
"
Nezyrael wrote:
Hey guys, you should really streamline the process here, your support asks me new stupid questions every mail instead of just putting them all in one mail. This is really getting annoying to be honest.

No, you are stupid that you are moaning about a security measure.

I.E they are trying to freak out someone who could be stealing an account.

AND the questions would be dynamic, (you you get different questions based on your answer)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

AND the questions would be dynamic, (you you get different questions based on your answer)

Have you gone through the remove IP lock process? Because it is very tedious, and just when you think you are done, they send you "another" email asking more questions.

And in my case, I didn't realize their true intention was dealing with powerleveling service providers in Asia, and GGG banned my account just because I was traveling between US, Taiwan and Japan while in the process of removing IP lock.

Guess it never occurred to GGG that someone who is traveling all the time, with only 4 days a month that's spent at home, would find the IP lock annoying.

Now I am in a even more tedious process of contact support to un-ban my account. And that's when I found out their account service CS process is a nightmare of a bureaucracy.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Nezyrael wrote:

Sure, I understood the first five or six mails, but at some point it just gets annoying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info