The game is very hard

Hello, everyone.

I was hoping for some guide on how to improve my Deadeye cause I die a lot escpecially in bosses to the extend that my xp bar goes to zero from 68% at level 67.

I defeated kitava or someone in the party did he really kicked-ass.

I am also having trouble in the equipment all my equipment are garbage.

And I am not sure about the passive skill actually.
Last edited by Elmarengoze on Nov 17, 2018, 4:43:22 PM
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2018, 11:57:50 AM
Hi and welcome,

"
Elmarengoze wrote:
I defeated kitava or someone in the party did he really kicked-ass.

That´s the part of your problem that sb killed the boss instead of you.

"
Elmarengoze wrote:

I am also having trouble in the equipment all my equipment are garbage.

And I am not sure about the passive skill actually.

We can´t really investigate your character (passive/ gear) bcos your account is set as private (you can change it by unclicking "Hide characters tab").

Anyway the most common mistake is prioritising damage over life and/or unique over rare items.

You should have at least 3000 life (300+ per act) as minimum (rather more than less especially if melee) and capped elemental resistances (at 75 or close to that).
You can farm for gear or trade with other players.
The Blood Aqueduct is popular place to start farming if you can´t handle maps (or any area in act 9/10 you like and can clear fast and save).

Your main skill should be supported with gems and socketed at least in four link.
Well, I changed my privacy settings.

Regarding, life it's very low its about 1.8k which is much less than what you suggested.

What is giving me a damage is that I am using the 4 heralds to greatly increase my damage but I am not sure if this a good idea.
If you are new, your character WILL suck.
You need to overcome this obstacle by keeping playing and learning.
Youtube, forum,...

In the atlas you will encounter crap far more evil than kitava. So be prepared.

I could only recommend a starter build, built on cheap uniques.
Cap resists!!!, get life to 3000 at least and find a comfortable dps.

Remember a dead player has zero dps.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
First thing you can do is get better rings with resists and life on them. Rarity means nothing when you're dead, so do what you have to do to stay alive. You usually want to have life on all your gear if all possible. Second. Pick one skill and then build your tree for that skill. Once you optimize your tree for one skill mobs should drop quicker. Third, I always have a dispel bleeding and freeze flask. Some don't use them but I always have one. Fourth, get some sort of defensive gem setup. A Cast When Damage Taken gem linked to a curse or anything to help your defenses. You may want to consider using a decoy totem to keep the mobs off you while you kill from a distance too. I Hope that gets you started on the right track.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Elmarengoze wrote:
Well, I changed my privacy settings.

Regarding, life it's very low its about 1.8k which is much less than what you suggested.

What is giving me a damage is that I am using the 4 heralds to greatly increase my damage but I am not sure if this a good idea.

Besides low life you have very low resistances. As I have already mentioned you should cap them at 75 (or close to that, except chaos which is not so important).

Having heralds as one source of damage is fine but herald of agony doesn´t make good job for you. I would drop herald of agony and herald of ice and use hatred aura instead. It will boost your damage more.

There are more things we could speak about but fixing your low life and resistances should be your priority right now.

You need both flat life (with resistances) on your gear and good amount of life passives from the tree.
Herbalism and Blood siphon passives are easy to access. You can take constitution later.
I tried a bow and arrow too my first time playing because I thought it looked cool. I didn't get very far and realized later that a bow and arrow is the most difficult build, it's not for noobs. There are lots of Youtube tutorials for beginners that weren't around when most of us started playing, so you have an advantage there. Basically your gear is trash, this game is mostly focused around building up your character. Any charcter that has gear with no life, low resists, and just four gems links will have a difficult time getting past a level 70, especially with a Dead Eye.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
"
Earthslug wrote:
If you are new, your character WILL suck.
You need to overcome this obstacle by keeping playing and learning.
Youtube, forum,...

In the atlas you will encounter crap far more evil than kitava. So be prepared.

"

I could only recommend a starter build, built on cheap uniques.
Cap resists!!!, get life to 3000 at least and find a comfortable dps.

Remember a dead player has zero dps.

Are there some good builds you could point me to ?
You don't really have to give up on this build yet. Just get slightly better gear with life and resists and you may be able to take this build further. Yesterday I decided to run Blood Aqueduct because i needed 4 more Humility cards for a Tabula Rasa. It took 2 hours but the amount of rares, currency and 6s gear I found was unreal. Yes, you may have to grind a little but the build may be salvageable with a little work.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
PoE is one of the games with the steepest learning curve.
As mentioned, requires systematic accumulation of information - either by wiki or forums.

IMO as a beginner avoid build guides, unless tagged as "beginner friendly" with progression and item setup explained.
Many of the guides are quite often a noob trap, for reasons.

Earthslug is right, your first char will suck. But at least it will help you to learn content and basic mechanics.
I may advise you to follow guides after learning the basics. By yourself.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 19, 2018, 12:00:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info