3.4.5b Hotfix 2 Patch Notes

375 KB = 15 minutes Steam update

GGG, could you please finally respond?

I wish you'd at least say you don't care about people having to wait 15 minutes for an update or that over 30GBs are written to their SSDs each time you update the GGPK.

So far it seems like you ignore the problems many users have with the Steam updates and are content with how some users respond in your stead.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
Damn it you should let us know before fixing these bugs so that we have a chance to see them.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
JayFinch wrote:

I wish you'd at least say you don't care about people having to wait 15 minutes for an update or that over 30GBs are written to their SSDs each time you update the GGPK.

So far it seems like you ignore the problems many users have with the Steam updates and are content with how some users respond in your stead.

This is something that Grinding Gear Games CANNOT fix, as it is FAR, FAR OUT OF THEIR CONTROL. Go YELL at Valve Corp.™
Last edited by bvanharjr on Nov 17, 2018, 11:56:26 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
JayFinch wrote:

This is something that Grinding Gear Games CANNOT fix, as it is FAR, FAR OUT OF THEIR CONTROL. Go YELL at Valve Corp.™

I understand what you mean, although it is GGG's decision to use one big 15GB file that has to be copied on the disk to make the update. If it was split into more smaller files, maybe not every such file would have to be updated every time thus shortening the time needed.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
My question is why use steam at all. The standalone rarely has issues.
Oh damn I liked it that way
The issue with steam patches is how steam approaches the patch, you are better off linking your steam account to an account here so you can play through the direct client that downloads faster and works better with installing small patch updates.

Pretty sure there are a couple threads on how to do so in the forums somewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info