New Player - How to start in the next League?

Hello,

I am pretty new to the game, I played it a bit in early 2018 and a few years ago but not enough to really learn much about the game.
So now I just finished Act 10 in the current League and I am pretty happy with my Character.
After leveling 2 chars to ~25 and ~50 and realizing my own builds are absolute trash I started a new one with a Build.

This one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186701

And I really like to play it, still got a few problems but that's fine.
So my questions are, how do I start in the new League?
Since this is a 3.4 Build can I still play it in 3.5?
Is it still possible/viable or do I need to look for a new one?
And if I need a new one how do I do that? Since I cant reskill my entire Passive Tree I need to have a Build before I start the Game but with the release of the new League there might not be enough Builds?
So how do u guys start a league if u not good enough in creating ur own build?

Sorry for so many questions I'm just currious ^^

Last bumped on Nov 14, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
Hiya!

Welcome to Path of Exile!

So, let's just jump into it;

• At the character creation screen, you've the option of creating a character in Standard or Delve League. The Delve League option will be replaced when the time comes.
  • We haven't yet seen the patch notes for 3.5, so it's impossible to comment authoritatively on what will be viable and what won't. I'd say the main reason to play a different build would be to avoid getting bored / burnout. The build will probably be fine balance-wise.
  • You cannot play existing characters in the upcoming league - every challenge league is a fresh start. Thus you won't need to change your passive tree.
  • GGG typically release the patch notes in advance. You can expect the YouTubers to suggest 3-5 solid "league starters", as well as other folks posting individual guides in the appropriate sections of the forum. (Many more builds are viable than what the community let on.)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Okay, I have some minutes to spare so I am gona help you.

Few important advices:

*I would highly advice you to level up to ATLEAST 92 level in STD with the build you are comfortable with. Check what you like, is it melee range or a caster.

*Casters are easiest character to start level with, few skills/spells that you should look for to start a new league: Arc, Blade Vortex, Sunder, Toxic Rain, Caustic Arrow. It's very important that you start the league with one of the build's who are using those skills/spells, because they are easiest one to get going. (TAKE IMPORTANT NOTE: A lot of stuff change 1 day before league start they always do a patch and many things change, so check if this stuff is viable, and how viable)

*Make a plan, you have to know exactly what to do at what point. How do you gona level? With leveling weapon you are going to buy first? (For example Quill rain for TA & CA is very good, and Stormcloud is for example good if you gona use Lightning arrow or Rain of Arrows, you can usually get one of those 2-3 hours in league)

*Does your build require Tabula Rasa? They usually do. I know solo farmers will stay in Blood Aquadects (First zone in Act 9) till lvl 72~ or atleast untill you farm Humility Cards who drop in BA, with those Cards you can exchange for tabula rasa.

*Setup your farming strategy, take important note: Some strategies require much more time than other one, so coordinate with that, how much you can play!

*Be effecient, you must start league with fresh new Item Filter (google Neversink's item filter loot), download legal macro tools for auto logouts, download Mercury Trade, and Trade Macro, there are plenty of guides for all of this.

Feel free to ask more stuff, I will gladly help new players!
Last edited by imbafromNorth on Nov 14, 2018, 7:33:10 AM
"
*I would highly advice you to level up to ATLEAST 92 level in STD

doesnt it take forever to level a few characters and equip them just to try them? i'm also new to the game, thats why i'm asking

Another question: How do i know which build is good and viable? Just try something that was good in the last season?
There are some builds, that will always work - like totems or minions.

Both are very cheap to get off ground and running to accumulate currency.
Later on you could respec your ascendancy from say necromancer to elementalist, swap gear, gems and tree to create a whole new build.

So this strategy is basically about abusing cheap and reliable build concepts to get started and then switch to another more powerful but more gear dependent build as soon as you can afford it.
"
Trollzor257 wrote:
"
*I would highly advice you to level up to ATLEAST 92 level in STD

doesnt it take forever to level a few characters and equip them just to try them? i'm also new to the game, thats why i'm asking

Another question: How do i know which build is good and viable? Just try something that was good in the last season?

Leveling up to high level as possible is very important for you for few reasons -You will learn the game and understand mechanics. Leveling to 92 to a experienced player is nothing, almost low level. The more characters you level the more experience you will gain, experience is very important. Also think a lot, question everything and find answeres your self. I am just trying to help you to reach knowledge you need to have a succesful league start.
- This game is builded in that way, if you find particular rares who works together with your skill/tree, those items should easily help you to level up through any content. You dont need to have GG items who can boost you a lot. Everything is doable with normal items and good skill tree and gems combination.

If I was you, I would check how gems work, which gems is best fit for some skill or spell, why, how ? Etc etc.

You are in learning process right now, but if you learn effeciently like anything else in life, you will learn much above average.

Also post above me stated about minions and totems. Those builds are not for everyone, for me subjectively its boring as hell. Objectively it's very effecient and good!
Thank you all for the answers, they definitely helped a lot.
So for now I'll continue playing my Scion Blade Vortex Character and learn more about the game. I installed filters which help me a lot. Especially in the mine there is so much loot in normal filters that I might have left good things behind. In the next days I'll read more about macros, what they are allowed to do and where they can help me. Then I need to learn more about the whole trading system, it seems to be really important in this game.

So for the next League start I guess I'll level a good farm/start build I like to play first and then after a a few Days/Weeks I'll level a Character with a Build from the Forum that looks good for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info