What am I doing wrong with my inquisitor build?

Thanks for any feedback in advance!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hyzteria/characters
character onehandedtemplar

Static strike with +2 beams and +1 chain for decent clearing speed and boss fighting

My DPS caps at like 25k, but I see guides with similar setups showing like 100k-1m dps?

I followed Sovyn's lazy pally tree for max defense, skill gems are similar, what am I doing wrong?

edit: Update to 2H sword, no more shield, adjust skill tree to remove all shield passives
Last edited by hyzteria on Nov 13, 2018, 6:30:49 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 6:35:52 PM
I haven´t played static strike for some time and don´t know the build you´re following but the weapon seems weird to me.

Using Doryani´s scepter with Elemental overload or Resolute Technique should be a better deal.

Some passive points doesn´t make much sense such as Light of Divinity, Mind over matter + mana nodes …

I understand you´re playing block build but you´re wasting too many passives on block nodes imo.
Although you have spent many points on block you don´t have it capped.
You would save some block nodes with the gear though (or cap it).
The items such as Lioneye's Remorse shield, elder gloves with blocks, jewels, Rumi's Concoction might help you to save some points.

You will also suffer from elemental damage hits bcos of low life.

You haven´t invested many points to life but that´s bcos of block nodes priority and you´re also missing good life rolls on some gear pieces (helm).

"
hyzteria wrote:
My DPS caps at like 25k, but I see guides with similar setups showing like 100k-1m dps?

I followed Sovyn's lazy pally tree for max defense, skill gems are similar, what am I doing wrong?

Which guides and what setups? The setups seems similar at first look but they are probably using expensive endgame gear.

Just some hints to Gear:
Besides the weapon your gems are not level 20 and missing quality, gloves and rings are missing attack speed / damage modifiers.

You have no damage enchant on boots, good Abyss jewels, damage flasks etc.

I doubt you can reach any high DPS without really good weapon (probably crit) / super expensive gear (jewels etc) while keeping max block and shield.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 12, 2018, 7:18:01 PM
"
Elemental overload + Resolute Technique

U made my day :D

maybe read both keystones ^^
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Dafii on Nov 12, 2018, 12:38:18 PM
"
Dafii wrote:
"
Elemental overload + Resolute Technique

U made my day :D

maybe read both keystones ^^

Keep smiling you will live longer:)
trying again
Last edited by hyzteria on Nov 14, 2018, 12:13:47 AM

Report Forum Post