Softcore "Monsters fight back" league

Release Update:

https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/Monsters+Fight+Back+SC+Delve

Seems they are trusting us even less with high modifier values than expected. Still going ahead with it. Everyone who showed interest in this thread prior to release should be invited already.

Original recruitment post:

Who would be interested in passing the time until the next expansion by trying (however well GGG lets us) to make what monster type you're fighting and what attacks they use actually matter?
Target audiences are: 1.) People who want to grind their way to the story and early atlas much slower than usual and be nostalgically afraid of the areas and bosses that were scary in a blind first playthrough (and some 3.0 areas a lot of us never got to be properly afraid of). 2) People who want to group up and see how far they can push in the endgame with tougher settings. 3) Those who want to mix and match aspects of 1 and 2.

- Highest monster life we're allowed to set (looks like 100% more from datamined values)
- Highest speed (looks like 50% monster move/attack/cast speed). Unlike with life, if they surprise us by allowing way more we wouldn't go totally nuts though.
- Probably 10-20% more monster damage too, to futher encourage builds focusing on defenses over DPS.
- No magic and rare items drop (to slow the economy down a lot, an indirect DPS nerf to us. Also mostly picking up currency and white bases and having to craft sounds fun. Especially when using high armour/evasion bases will be more important than usual.)
- Crowdfunding so the more people, the cheaper per person it (mostly) gets. Unless we'd end up with like, exactly 11 people. ;)

Once GGG releases custom leagues I'll go through this thread and message/invite/(however it'll work) the people who expressed interest.
Last edited by Egalisator on Nov 11, 2018, 7:32:03 PM
Last bumped on Nov 11, 2018, 6:53:22 AM
Looks fun, the only part I'm not sure is no rare or magic items drop.

Would you enable Delve too?

Passing the time until the next expansion ( 30 days or so duration? )

I'm interested.
Yeah Delve will be on. Expansion is December 8th so this should be a 3-4 week league.
This looks like a really fun league for the last few weeks before 3.5. Been interested in the no magic/rares mod especially
I would do more Monster Damage. For the real "Monsters fight back" Challenge :D. Also especially interested in the economy with no magic/rare mod. On such a small playerbase. I hope there will be some leagues like this with 30+ Player.
Monster damage isn't so much the problem with the game in my opinion, a good number of streamer death highlights are already from when they accidentally run into the middle of a white/blue pack and get oneshot by it. Monsters dying before they can swing their weapon is the bigger issue and I think haste+life should let them swing at least 5 times as much.

Edit: Crowdfunding is up, I put 50 points in.
Last edited by Egalisator on Nov 11, 2018, 7:32:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info