Void League Modifiers

"
Cocofang wrote:
https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/

This post outlines pretty well why they will not do that. You may argue that "X thing doesn't apply to me" but that really isn't all that relevant because a) it may apply to you without you being conscious of it and b) the impact could be felt in the broader mass and that's what's important.

Personally I was in the boat of "offer all kinds of optional restrictions but no enhancements of any kind" to begin with.

I outright vehemently disagree with every single preposterous point the original poster of that thread came up with, and it's assiduously sickening to see Chris replying that he agrees (and of course, is upvoted by the uncomprehending masses simply because he's Chris).

Lock the thread boys, we lost. Enjoy your private leagues - they're exactly what GGG thinks is best for you. Don't you want what GGG thinks is best for you?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
Cocofang wrote:
https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/

This post outlines pretty well why they will not do that. You may argue that "X thing doesn't apply to me" but that really isn't all that relevant because a) it may apply to you without you being conscious of it and b) the impact could be felt in the broader mass and that's what's important.

Personally I was in the boat of "offer all kinds of optional restrictions but no enhancements of any kind" to begin with.

I outright vehemently disagree with every single preposterous point the original poster of that thread came up with, and it's assiduously sickening to see Chris replying that he agrees (and of course, is upvoted by the uncomprehending masses simply because he's Chris).

Lock the thread boys, we lost. Enjoy your private leagues - they're exactly what GGG thinks is best for you. Don't you want what GGG thinks is best for you?

Doesn't matter what you agree with or disagree with, GGG posted on original announcement that private leagues are not to make game easier, and it will stay that way, as long as GGG thinks that's the direction.

You didn't win or lose, people are literally reiterating the fact about what GGG already have expressed. You are just complaining that you are not getting what you want.
"
Ashriel wrote:

Sounds backwards. The private leagues are not what GGG thinks is best for you. They are what they think is best for them. All the points that reddit poster made are through the lens of GGG.

New players getting a wrong impression and being bummed out with vanilla? Bad for GGG.

Players burning out from private leagues on steroids? Bad for GGG.

Vanilla players feeling private leagues offer way more for your time and get increasingly frustrated with vanilla? For every guy that gives in and buys a league multiple others leaving because of the discrepancy? Bad for GGG.

If you consider the broad masses all these things could lead to less satisfied players overall and worst case simply less players. And that's the opposite of what GGG wants.
"
If they introduce a mega-turbo mode that people have the time of their PoE lives in for a month but then permanently burn out and are gone for good it is not in their interest to do it.

Giving the option to enable let's say 2 previous leagues then?

I want to be at least given the option to do something fun.
"
Itar0 wrote:
"
But generally a lot of player don't know what's good for them long term. They'd just run perma perandus. breach, nemesis with 100% quant or whatever they can get and burn out after a couple of week/months entirely.

If I'm paying for something, I want to do it how I want it. Not how others want it.

If I want to run perma flashback, so what? You don't have to play that way.
I bet you at least want the option to run it as well.

Yes definitely. Private leagues should be about having fun and you won´t pay for smth it´s not fun for you easy as that.

I don´t care much about such leagues but not having fun modes is terrible marketing plan imo.

D2 was so popular bcos of lots of different mods out there.

Having more choices is always a good thing.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 12, 2018, 9:55:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info