PoE on PS4 cross-play?!

I'm glad to see PoE finally coming on PS4, do we know if this share servers with Xbox or they are separated? Personally I hope there will be cross play, otherwise the already few console players would be even more splitted away.
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 6:32:37 PM
separated
"
tubsi wrote:
separated

Did you read it somewhere?
no
"
Vanesya wrote:
"
tubsi wrote:
separated

Reddit.
Bex_GGG.
Separated.
http://www.gggtracker.com/
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Vanesya wrote:
"
tubsi wrote:
separated

Reddit.
Bex_GGG.
Separated.
http://www.gggtracker.com/

Thanks. This is so disappointing could have been a good chance to strengthen both console versions :(
Console versions working with each other seems to be a tricky thing... I've been watching a niche title in a different genre releasing versions for both those consoles, plus PC/Mac/Linux. The only incompatibility between all the versions is XBox <-> PS4. Not because of a software problem, but because Sony.

Whether the same problem applies here I can't be sure, but I'm certainly not surprised there's no cross-play.
"
Bk老虎 wrote:
Console versions working with each other seems to be a tricky thing... I've been watching a niche title in a different genre releasing versions for both those consoles, plus PC/Mac/Linux. The only incompatibility between all the versions is XBox <-> PS4. Not because of a software problem, but because Sony.

Whether the same problem applies here I can't be sure, but I'm certainly not surprised there's no cross-play.

I mean, we got cross play for incoming Fallout why should Sony denies it for PoE? Anyway as stated above it seems clear it won't happen at least on release :(
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The cross-play for Fortnite is the real key to the matter. Before that, Sony were stubborn as hell on the matter, displaying that traditional Japanese-market-only insular attitude we all know and love. Seems if you throw enough money at them they'll make an exception. And Fortnite is owned by Epic who are owned by Tencent games...sooo...

Will TencentGGG be able to join that party? That's the question. I suspect publishers like Hirez and Digital Extremes will beat them to it, if Sony's threshold softens over time.

Not holding my breath. I suspect TencentGGG are content to have separate playerbases for now, each buying their own mtxes and experiencing their own version of PoE.

The Fortnite kerfuffle wasn't about not being able to play together with people from other platforms, it was about accounts being locked to PS where they were portable before (and without warning, at that).

The only good reason I could think of for keeping the servers separate is to prevent people from siphoning items from one platform to the other in trade leagues. Or I suppose each platform holder could be concerned about the other platform's worse security allowing for more bots/hacks, which would lead to a worse experience on their own platform as well.

Or maybe it's GGG who want to keep markets smaller.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Yeah, almost certainly not, given how hard they worked to get PoE into China.

I mean, GGG are not gonna stay away from a huge and lucrative venture like that just because trade would be bad.

But if they have the option to halve the size of the ingame market with zero extra effort, I can see them being fine with it. Wasn't trade intended to work off of interaction with your immediate peers, rather than the API snipefest it mutated into?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info