[3.4] Elementalist Cold Conversion InpulsaBomber

Non-crit based autobomber makes gear requirements much easier making this a relatively budget autobomber. Only issue (and this exists for most autobombers) is single target.

This build was based on demi's Coldpulsa build, but I converted it to non-crit and made it cheaper. I also noticed a few people running similar setups, but no one has written a guide for it.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros
- Can be built on a 5ex budget (Costs may vary each league)
- Clears the entire screen
- Faster with more density
- Automaton Herald = NUTT

Cons
- Cannot be leveled with
- Not a league started
- Not noob friendly
- Single target still sucks
- Needs to be built on a 5ex budget minimum (Costs may vary each league)
- Squishy

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/JPncjeex

Bandits
Kill all.

Map Mods
Spoiler
Cannot run element reflect maps.
Though, with this build you should be running sextants, and when you get the "Cannot take reflect damage", you run those annoying reflect damage maps

Monsters have a 90% chance to avoid elemental ailments.
It feels bad to run. Since you don't have consistent freezes, you tend to die often in these maps. This is the only mod I avoid like the plague

Passive Tree Priority
Spoiler
You'll want 89 points on the passive tree first before you attempt this build, as there are several required nodes

Minimum tree: https://pastebin.com/NLnbMdsr

Dealing with Bosses
Spoiler
Since autobombers don't deal any damage, the best way to kill them is to use a weapon swap VD poets pen setup. We have so much generic damage (thanks to Spiritual Aid and Elemental Overload) that the damage should be good enough.

Volatile Dead - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect

Unearth - Bodyswap - Greater Multiple Projectiles

It should also be noted that Unearth must be placed in a gem socket which is higher than Bodyswap, so it is cast first.

MAKE SURE YOUR BODYSWAP/UNEARTH SETUP IS IN YOUR MAIN HAND!

Note: I actually haven't tested out a poets pen setup myself since i'm still leveling gems in my offhand, so results may vary.

-------------------------------------------------

If you are like me and don't have a poet's pen weapon swap setup. My only advice is to run maps where the boss regularly summons adds. Underground Sea and Burial Chambers comes to mind. Kill the adds to proc your Herald of Thunder to deal damage.

Gear
Spoiler

Required items

This is your main trigger for the initial explosion. Cost: 1.6ex

2 Call of the brotherhoods for that sweet damage conversion, shock and extra lightning damage. Cost: 20c each

This gives us damage to clear the rest of the map with ease. Cost: 1c

The rest can be filled with resist gear but will only get you to t5 maps.

Filling the other slots

Small attack speed, lots of elemental damage and a tiny bit of damage leech. Cost: 100c

Cold penetation, cold damage, and blind on hit, allround good item for our build. It also helped fill in my last remaining resistance check. Cost: 70c

Gloves and head just need life and to fill out the resistances. Cost: 20-30c each

For helment enchant, you want Herald of Ice damage.

Optional MAX juice

I just got one this league and was shoving it into every build I have. So yeah, its not needed.

Use a stygian vyse with resists and life instead. And socket an abyss jewel with onslaught on kill, life and cold damage to spells.

Alternative would be a shaper belt with movespeed during flask effect.
Cost: 45ex or 10-20c

Flasks
Spoiler
Only need a quicksilver. And a bleed flask if you don't have 100ex and can't afford a corrupting blood immunity corruption in your jewels.

If you really can't think if anything to fill out the remaining flask slots, then.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
This build will not feel good without all 8 ascendancy points, so don't even try without them.

Pendulum of Destruction - Mastermind of Discord - Shaper of Desolation - Beacon of Ruin

If you are still trying to do this build with only 6 points, get Mastermind of Discord first (Or you won't have enough mana for reservations), then Beacon of Ruin last.

Jewels
Spoiler

- Cold Damage
- Life
- Area Damage
- Lightning Damage

Getting some 7 or 8% Anatomical Knowledge is also an option for some more base life.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Your cliff movement skill, or when your phaserun is on cd and you are stuck in a pack of mobs.
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Blood Magic

Phase run setup, supports are all to increase the duration.
Phase Run - Increased Duration - Efficacy

Curse Blasphemy setup. You only need a level 2 enlighten to have enough mana to get all your reservations.
Frostbite - Blasphemy - Enlighten

Abberath's Hooves Links - You want your Abberath's fury to do as much damage as possible so we can get the Herald of Lighting chain going.
Added Cold - Hypothermia - Ice Bite - Added Lightning

Shield Charge setup
Shield Charge - Blood Magic - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Herald Setup, We use both heralds in the same link because we are starved for sockets and don't need both heralds on their own 6 link

5 Link - With just a 5 link, you can clear t15 maps. So no need to rush for a 6 link
Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Innervate - Ice Bite - Hypothermia

6 link - AoE for even better clear or Added cold/Empower for more damage
Either: Increased AoE or Added Cold or Empower

Videos
Spoiler

Random T15 I had lying around - You'll want to use a VD poet pens weapon swap setup for single target here. I just cbf buying a pair since I am just running UGS.
https://youtu.be/4OWAsPNg4K8

T11 - 4 Sextant Shaped UGS
https://youtu.be/s79pk6jVyWA

300 Depth Delve
https://youtu.be/Yl9_Br3ullk
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2019, 8:28:44 AM
why do u have minions nods mate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info