3.4 Righteous Agony / Agonizing Fire Jugger AKA the Toxic Crusader

*Work in progress*

Hello. I am not often happy with the way builds turn out for me, but once or twice I do hit the nail on it's head. One of my first successfull self-found characters was a RF Jugg. Now everybody is using it, with scorching ray.

My gauge for a successful character is the ability to tank an insane amount of damage that would cripple lesser toons in 1 hit. I hate trapper shadows and squishy builds that get one-shot by normal mobs. Also I don't like to have to look what map mods pops up on my maps. I just wanna throw myself into the fray and kick some digital monster ass without having to worry whether ele reflect is gonna tear me to pieces.

On that note and without further ado, I give you the righteous fire herald of agony juggernaut.

How does it work?

It utilizes several (expensive) items to form pseudo 6-links for cyclone and righteous fire setups, needs either a vitality reserves no mana or purity of fire reserves no mana Aul's uprising, while taking advantage of the + 1 to level of socketed support gems explicit body armor coupled with empower to make a lvl 25 agony crawler.

The result:

A much more agile righteous fire Jugg that utilizes movement both defensively and offensively and has very respectable single target damage.

Cons:

Needs a lot of Dexterity.
Stretches the limits of your skill tree.
Highly specialized items needed in order to make this build work.
Resistances are hard to max.
Not a League starter.
Average mapper.
Less life than pure RF SR Jugg.

Pros:

Excellent damage and survivability.
Can do most map mods, including no regen, reflect.
Damage on par with Righteous Fire + Scorching Ray Jugg
Utilizes movement as defense, as long as you cyclone, you should be safe.
Chaos resistance.
Fortify.
Good delver and bosskiller. Excellent Lab runner.
The minion nodes and RF Marauder synergizes beautifully!

The Gear:

Helmets like this one will utilize pseudo 7-link exploiting the full potential of righteous fire.

This pseudo 6-link gives us blood Magic cyclone - this is nescessary due to our mana being reserved for Herald of Agony. Faster attacks is not manditory, but Poison definitely is (if you are not running a Legacy voidheart). The best enchantment is "Trigger commandment of light"

This excellent new unique gives us "free" lvl 25 Purity of Fire, which is excellent! Socket these boots with Vitality and Enlighten.

Best enchantment is "regenerate 2% of life when hit"

The "+ 1 to socketed support gems" ideally gives our lvl 4 Empower + 4 and boosts other support gems also. This has the potential to make a 21 lvl Herald of Agony into a 25.

Ideal gem links are:
Herald of Agony - Minion Damage - Pierce - Damage on Full Life - Empower - Vicious Projectiles

Since we are not relying on damage from our weapon, the most important aspects of the weapon are resistances and poison on hit. This will catapult virulence stacks from 0 to 40 in no time,

Must have for this build. Or "Vitality reserves no mana", but that is more expensive for some reason.

Must have for this build. Look for one with as much spell block chance as possible. I will be switching to a Legacy one once Delve ends.

Theoretical lvl 100 skill tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.4.3/AAAABAEBAQGRAdwEswUtBg4Gxgn2DF8QURLhFCAWbxa7GFYZLho4G0UcpxzcHRQnLyftKPot0i5TMPgy0TWSOsY62DrhPC09_EGHQ2NFR0WdR35Kn03jU1JTpVcNWGNakV2kXz9g-GEhYvRko2VNZlRmnmdxaGVodGjyaqxvO3GydO1343gNeWiCm4LHg1-DzITZhO-Fe4m8jxqPRpBVkc6WbJitmuCg5qIAouqmV6aspwiofaluqqmtja7_tfK3PriTu-29Nr6nwAHAGsBmwQTEWMT2xq7G2Msez37SONNv0_vUfNWm2CTYvdlh2mLawd3V42rr7uw47w7wH_JF85v2SPe5-ej60v4K_o8=?accountName=Viwaldi&characterName=Mythorodium

Feel free to comment and give advice on this build. It is not a standard build, it is highly specialized and needs refinement and improvements.

Name: Mythorodium.

Last edited by Viwaldi on Nov 8, 2018, 5:16:10 AM
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2018, 8:14:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info