SSF Uber Lab Trials - Pointless RNG?

Is there any point in having the Uber lab trials be so difficult and RNG-based to find? All of the non-SSF players are using global 820 to find the trials they need, and most of us SSF players will never find all 6. Two extremes around pointless RNG.

How about making each trial more likely to spawn in a specific set of maps or something? There's pretty much zero reason for it to be fully random. If the problem is limiting the amount of Offerings one can find, at least make it so that the first 6 trials are easier to find, and the latter ones after that drop in encounter frequency.

This is the second league in a row where I'm stuck with 5/6 trials and have several dozen offerings from repeat trials that I've found.
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2018, 11:25:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Poeple keep asking this since a long time, and I am with you.
It is pretty annoing and can take hundrets of maps to achieve.

Yet, GGG never intended to change this.
I think, this is because GGG consider the Ethernal Labyrinth as part of the endgame, and everything in the endgame is heavy grind.

Believe it or not, doing 200 maps is nothing in the endgame. We are talking about farming thousands of maps over and over again. Ask ppl with 40/40, how many maps they can do per day. Some of them are easily able to complete the trials in a single day in SSF. This is what GGG consider, when ballancing the engame. I have little hopes, that GGG is willing to make the Trials less random. There are other things, which are by fare much harder to unlock.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Solution: don't play the more challenging game mode ;)
-Git gut
-Don't gamble
-Trade for it
-Play something else

Those are the workable solutions you should stick to, OP, with their right order. Remember to first check the list if something in game is bothering you.

You're welcome.
name me a game element that's exciting and keeps you playing all night and it's not random?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
name me a game element that's exciting and keeps you playing all night and it's not random?
Here are some examples: Existing and rich content going beyond repetiveness, challenging content like complex puzzels, game mechanics requiring skill. Litterly every game not using grind but content to create a gaming experience.
RNG is the cheep and easy way to pretend that there is actually content that you can have fun with for a long time. It is just streching what you could have done in a few hours if there was not a single RNG gate involved.

Edit: Missed the most obvious one, i.e. social interaction.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Oct 27, 2018, 8:36:16 AM
Please keep in mind that SSF is not the basis for balance.

RNG has both edges, and sometimes in SSF ... well, you're on the 'wrong' one.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 27, 2018, 8:45:59 AM
"
vmt80 wrote:
-Git gut
-Don't gamble
-Trade for it
-Play something else

Those are the workable solutions you should stick to, OP, with their right order. Remember to first check the list if something in game is bothering you.

You're welcome.

so only the 4th solution applies here, because a) spawn rate is not tied to personal skill b) how can you gamble for a trial? c) does not work in SSF. As we can argue that GGG does not want masses of player use the last option, we can argue that this is shitty game design :)

Also, you can just stop posting if you only produce noise :)

"
Fruz wrote:
Please keep in mind that SSF is not the basis for balance.

RNG has both edges, and sometimes in SSF ... well, you're on the 'wrong' one.

GGG has shown that they know the concept of variance reduction, e.g. the evasion mechanic which tries to be as close as possible to the expectation at all times.

Here, a simple solution:

if(spawn_lab_trial)
..if(player.labs_completed == 5)
....if(uniform(0,1) < 1/6)
......spawn_missing_trial()
....else
......spawn_normal()

nicely doubles the chance to get the last trial.

//edit this is more or less what they do in maps as well. they add additional copies of a map to the map pool that can drop.
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Oct 27, 2018, 8:56:32 AM
"

SSF is the only legit way to play this game. In trade league, you have people scouting maps, using RMT and co. Not everyone wants to compete with that, that´s why they choose SSF.

Sadly, GGG has misunderstood SSF completely. The drop rates and portals, are still based on the non legit gamemode.
"
Synopse wrote:
"
vio wrote:
Here are some examples: Existing and rich content going beyond repetiveness, challenging content like complex puzzels, game mechanics requiring skill. Litterly every game not using grind but content to create a gaming experience.

Edit: Missed the most obvious one, i.e. social interaction.

You just named a bunch of things that PoE doesn't have. Now the question is... why are you here and not in some game that has these features?

"
Ygidua wrote:
"

SSF is the only legit way to play this game. In trade league, you have people scouting maps, using RMT and co. Not everyone wants to compete with that, that´s why they choose SSF.

Sadly, GGG has misunderstood SSF completely. The drop rates and portals, are still based on the non legit gamemode.

Nope, it's you who's misunderstood SSF. PoE is literally built on the concept of trading, so playing without trading is actually the most non-legit game mode there is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info