Daresso's Entire Tale, as well as info on Hyrii/Lioneye

Hi all, so lately I have been delving into the lore of the game as I played through, and I am just trying to clarify a few things.

1- Daresso's fate, is it unknown, or did he die in the lab ? As a lot of the narration outside of Izaro sounds like Dares talking. I assume it is the same voice actor if it is indeed a different character. Or, is it Chitus? I can't find any info on the wiki in relevance to those lines and who the character is.

2- Daresso & Mervail are a tale told across Wraeclast, but after listening to all the town NPC dialogue, and Daresso's area dialogue, Mervail's and her area's Dialogue, as well as Nessa's few lines about it in relevance to the Star of Wraeclast. Still leaves gaps in his travels to wraeclast and his fate.

3- Just general inquiry, but does the character model of Daresso give any clues as to what happened to him ? As it looks like his entire chest cavity was crushed or ripped out, and his left arm severed or removed. (also, back in poe shroud of death expansion, Daresso was missing his opposite arm, and his left side was where his shield hovered )

Hyrii - Very little information is given on this character, a few wild lines here and there but Hyrii and Lion Eye both have no physical boss representation, nor do they have much else in terms of lore besides their defeat in battle etc. Yet, they have multiple items dedicated to both, as do a few other characters. I am just curious if in the comic books there were more about them? Since when I google for information images from those pop up often.

Thanks for any help !
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2018, 9:35:42 AM
Daresso never really perished, he just changed careers. Instead of being the Sword King, he became the Pawn King running a pawn shop on the corner of 3rd and Galvano. The Wraeclast History Channel is in talks with him about doing a show next season.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Daresso's Secret shop, new addition to Wraeclast - Will sell uniques in SSF only BTW, that are modded with "cannot be vendored or used for prophecies, and will cost double market value of trade league.

It'd actually be interesting if they expanded the stories of Kaom and Daresso into being more involved with the final acts.
Good question.

Either he got killed by the fully transformed Merveil and her children (which have amnesia) or he died as an corrupted abomination as well after he found another artefact/jewel.

In the first case Daresso would die in Merveils cave in the second case somewhere in the jungle or near Highgate in Wreaclast as an brainwashed pawn of the Beast.

In both cases the Beast had its fingers in the game with its dark influence.

Labyrinth and Izaro was after Daresso's time (Dialla remark) if im not mistaken.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 5, 2018, 1:40:08 PM
I am just curious about the corpse wearing armour in the lab's final room before the fight, and if you read the narrated notes they seem to be from Daresso talking about being swayed from his journey to find the amulet and turned to fight for Izaro with lies and deception. If I recall, the final part is about being betrayed and killed, struck down by Izaro while going through the labyrinth together to gain power ( kind of like he was lab running him, and Izaro killed him before the final trial). I could be mistaken, I'll have to run through lab tonight and make notes of the dialogue. I will post them here for discussion as I can't find any thread past 2015 about the further story for Lab/Izaro.

Mervail makes sense, but it is still vague, and for how much we know about Kaom from the stones, and Karui writings, it is odd that Daresso has almost no information for his travels in Wraeclast outside of certain npc's saying he left or arrived and no one heard from him again.

More info on the star of Wraeclast would cool as well, maybe even as part of new content in the future.

PS- I would love a Kaom/Daresso box in the shop of their pre or current twisted forms.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info