{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ everyone:
Cluster jewel analysis complete. I have listed my recommended notables within the Verdict spoiler box.

Patch Note analysis under construction.

3.10 build in planning, but the short end of it is going back to Ball Lightning Life-on-Hit. This replaces Spirit Offering as our recovery method. Top-end would be the 30 ES-on-Hit Watcher's Eye, Discipline replacing Skitterbots, and the Corrupted Soul keystone.

Useful/Interesting Links
PoB Community Fork (previously known as LocalIdentity's Fork)
PoE Skill Comparison for 3.10
Spellslinger Cooldown Thresholds

Image of all Cluster Notables
Cluster Notable Roll Weights

Updated Syndicate Reward Chart
Tool: Customize your own Syndicate Cheatsheet
Zizaran's Syndicate Guide
Syndicate Farming Guide

Zana Farming Guide
Result of 150,000 prophecies
Loading Screen indicates whether Abyssal Depths contains a Lich

List of Streamer Starter Builds
Tool: Craft of Exile - Simulates costs and odds of crafting.
Beast Crafting secrets
High Value Unique Corruptions
Vendor bricked/corrupted Primordials for a clean Anima Stone

Chris Wilson AMA

Spreadsheet of All Spectre Monsters - Includes DPS estimates.
How to save Spectres for future use
Spectre Demo - Baranite Thaumaturge (clear)
Spectre Demo - Scale of Esh - Pledge of Hands looks to have a lot of potential for many of these new spectres with long cooldowns, as the Spell Echo + Greater Spell Echo repeats give four casts instead of one.

Performance: Disabling Steam Overlay
GGG on slow Steam patching
PoE available on GeForce Now cloud gaming

Map of Skill Point Quests
For New Players: Labeled Map Zones

Fan Art: Witch in Elder Darkseer Set
Photos through Wraeclast
List of art that didn't place in the Talent Competition

Unlisted PoE Physics Demonstration Video

3.10 BUILD UPDATE
This will be a rough outline just to get you on track.

With the gutting of Spirit Offering, we're back to our original recovery method that uses Life on Spell Hit rings and the rapid hits of Ball Lightning.

PASSIVE TREE - Same tree, though we'll want the northern outer jewel socket for a set of Cluster Jewels. We can recover the points from Warrior's Blood to fund our cluster excursion. If you don't want to use your anointment on Ravenous Horde, you can use a medium-range Thread of Hope jewel to take Ravenous Horde, opening up your anointment to be something else (like Cleansed Thoughts).

ASCENDANCY
1. Mindless Aggression
2. Unnatural Strength
3. Bone Barrier (we keep this to stack phys reduction)
4. Plaguebringer (will need Desecrate to spawn corpses on a boss)
-> Mistress of Sacrifice (if you want to use Bone Offering)
-> Commander of Darkness (if you don't want to deal with anything extra)
-> Essence Glutton (if you pair it with the new Kitava keystone and make sure to generate corpses)

CLUSTER JEWELS - Read here for my verdict on our ideal notables.

BANDITS - 2 points. Cluster jewels put even greater value on this than ever before. Sorry bandits, you all have to die for our sake.

PANTHEON - Solaris/Arakaali & Shakari. Chaos Damage has steadily become much more common, and it's the bane of our primary defensive layer of ES. Shakari gives Poison Immunity. Solaris gives protection from AOE damage and crits, while Arakaali gives us Chaos Resistance.

LEVELING - Check out the old 3.8 build guide. The original leveling guide also has lots of useful links and info. Just ignore the outdated build-specific stuff.

HELM - Same +3 Minion Damage helm.
1. Vaal Skeletons
2. Melee Phys
3. Minion Speed -> Deathmark swap (non-mobile endgame bosses)
4. Melee Splash -> EleDmg w/ Attacks swap (endgame bosses with no dangerous adds)

BODY ARMOUR - Same ES chest w/ 10% Life as Extra ES craft.
1. Spectres (Frost Sentinel -> look into new Spectres)
2. Phantasms (if Frost Sentinels)
3. Minion Damage -> Spell Echo (if you want more chances to freeze) -> Elemental Proliferation (if you want to freeze everything)
4. GMP
5. Elemental Army
6. Faster Projectiles

GLOVES - Same 1R3G Triad Grip.
1. Dash -> Smoke Mine (if you prefer utility in exchange for clunk)
2. Second Wind -> Phase Run (if you prefer running over movement skills)
3. Hatred
4. Generosity

WEAPON - Same Shaper/Elder 1H melee weapon with multiple support mods.
1. Zombies
2. Feeding Frenzy
3. Minion Damage -> Empower (if your weapon has +1 to gems and can craft +2 to supports)

SHIELD - Same Victario's Charity. We don't need to take Necromantic Aegis if we're hitting with Ball Lightning. This means no Power Charges while clearing, however, so less freezes vs. block/life/resistances for self.
1. Holy Relic (regen)
2. Chaos Golem (phys reduction stacking) or Carrion Golem (phantasm damage)
3. Desecrate (for bosses if using Plaguebringer) -> Feeding Frenzy (use Melee Phys on Zombies) -> manual curse (EleWeak/Frostbite) -> change to a CWDT setup -> movement skill of choice

BOOTS - Same rare Fortify boots.
1. Cyclone
2. Cast While Channeling
3. Ball Lightning
4. GMP -> Slower Projectiles (for bosses) -> Fortify (if no boots) -> Infused Channeling (if you want more phys protection)

RING 1 - Same rare Unset with Life on Spell Hit, DEX, Life, and resists. ES if you can swing it.
1. Discipline (if you have 30 ES on Hit Watcher's Eye) -> Skitterbots (or move to shield and drop Holy Relic/Golem/Desecrate to make room for Bonechill)

RING 2 - Curse on hit ring (EleWeak/Frostbite), another Life on Spell Hit ring, or Hungry Loop for an AG
1. Animated Guardian (Gear: Kingmaker, Mask of the Stitched Demon, ES chest with 10% Life as Extra ES craft, Hunter-influenced gloves with Intimidate on Hit and curse on hit corruption, Victario's Flight)
2. Meatshield
3. Minion Life
4. Empower
5. Melee Splash -> Fortify (if AG does not have Intimidate and Curse on Hit)

AMULET - Jinxed Juju; or rare with high Life and ES. Anoint with Ravenous Horde, or use a medium-range Thread of Hope jewel to get it instead. Then anoint with Cleansed Thoughts to cap Chaos Resistance if you can get to ~39% Chaos Resistance first; or Soul of Steel if you can afford two Golden Oils.

BELT - Same Stygian Vise.

JEWELS - Same ES/Life Ghastly Eyes with minion attack speed stacking, and one source of Blind and Taunt.

Use a Glorious Vanity jewel (Doryani variant) for the Corrupted Soul keystone (use socket under Pain Attunement and drop the Mending cluster) for another ~2k ES. Remember that, with this keystone, any ES above your Life will generally not be of much use, so prioritize Life. Be sure to pair this with the ES-on-Hit Watcher's Eye and Life-on-Spell-Hit rings so you can recover both simultaneously when you hit with Ball Lightning.
Last edited by Hercanic on May 13, 2020, 8:04:45 AM
Alright, started this as leauge starter (4th time). Minions (zombies, skellies, HR, flame sentinels) are squishy and so am I.
Lvl 30 atm in act 4.

Did the nerfs hit us that hard?
Previous leagues have been a cake wake. Now I am struggling with bosses. Shouldnt be because I am underleveled by 2-3 lvls...
@ Rakio:
"
Rakio wrote:
Alright, started this as leauge starter (4th time). Minions (zombies, skellies, HR, flame sentinels) are squishy and so am I.
Lvl 30 atm in act 4.

Previous leagues have been a cake wake. Now I am struggling with bosses. Shouldnt be because I am underleveled by 2-3 lvls...

I'm in Act 6 (char: Azureka). We're definitely weaker, but I haven't had any serious trouble.

• 1. Focus on Zombies, not Skeletons. Skeletons have been dropped to Zombie-level DPS without Vaal, but require us to cast just to have them, so Zombies get socket priority.

• 2. Phantasms on Spectres. Spectres won't be very strong early on, so better to have them be support by summoning Phantasms. Volley is better for Flame Sentinels than LMP, because it keeps their Fireballs close enough for overlapping AOE damage.

• 3. Hatred = Freezes. Static Strike + Elemental Proliferation = lots of freezes.

• 4. Anger is taking up a link from your Skeleton. I'd drop Anger, since you can't use it with Hatred anyway. You can put Melee Splash or Ruthless in that red socket instead.

• 5. Use Essences on your white gear for more Resistances. Then add more with your crafting bench. This is key to not being squishy while leveling.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 14, 2020, 8:55:52 AM
"
Rakio wrote:
Lvl 30 atm in act 4.

I'm currently 59, I played the first 40 or 50 levels using (explosive trap to start, bit rough until skellies for the distractions) Arc-Blastchain-Cont dest-Ele focus, Frost Bomb+Onslaught+w/e for zooming. Started with spell damage nodes and went for Retribution, then went around the top and gunned for Spiritual Aid. My zombies and Skellies are my shield and great single target even with no links lol. Mostly only died a couple times to my own derp, and the league mechanic blowing me up, and I still don't know what hit me LUL

Playing this way the first act is quick, if not slightly rough until skellies to facetank with your zombs, and then you're just sailing along. Minions to single target and arc mines drop trash in 2 clicks.

If you're playing hardcore, skip the league mechanic, it's incredibly rippy.
Last edited by SirNorek on Mar 14, 2020, 12:30:29 PM
What do we do about survival? iam running maps currently no sustain of EHP,i still didnt take Mistress of Sacrifice yet since i am not sure i should take it or not?

Do we have any update on our state in 3.10?
"
What do we do about survival? iam running maps currently no sustain of EHP,i still didnt take Mistress of Sacrifice yet since i am not sure i should take it or not?

Literally the top of this page, he said probably going back to the old ball lightning life on hit recovery method. Was used in the original build, should still be on page 1.
Build started to shine again at level 34+ when you get the last needed gems (charged dash, curse on hit etc). But I started to focus on Zombies instead since I got a cheap 5 link with suitable sockets.
Still using the same passive tree but no spectres except for support. Went all melee/phys minions.

Will probably respec to frost sentinels at end game for Blight and Delirium maps. Or try new specres :D

Basically this build is suitable for many different summoners. Careful chooseing EE too early and swap some gems around to suite your style and gear :D
@ Thunderdefeater:
Full Post
"

"

I updated above with a rough 3.10 build outline.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 27, 2020, 12:29:33 AM
new with the build, im sure this question has been answered before but is har to search in this big post, so we should use summon holy relic, it says Minions cannot Taunt Enemies, but at the same time we use a jewel with taunt, so how these work together?
@ everyone:
One thing to be aware of is when you activate a Delirium encounter, monsters scale up damage and defense the further away they are from the mirror. This is why it can feel like you're losing steam and things become far more rippy. It's like if a Delve run could ramp up in depth scaling from 200 to 500 down a single corridor.

If it becomes too much, clear wide instead of deep, and use the >> button above your skillbar to end the encounter early.

I kind of wish all items would be dropped at the end, like an Incursion or Delve, so we don't have to fiddle with precision-clicking bands of words under a time pressure, or, worse, backtrack.

@ SparkHawk666:
Full Post
"
SparkHawk666 wrote:
new with the build, im sure this question has been answered before but is har to search in this big post, so we should use summon holy relic, it says Minions cannot Taunt Enemies, but at the same time we use a jewel with taunt, so how these work together?
"
...holy relic, it says Minions cannot Taunt Enemies...

That's local to the gem, as are most modifiers on a gem. Only the Holy Relic cannot taunt.

This has been a pretty common question. I really wish GGG would drop the plural, so it reads, "Minion cannot Taunt". It'd be far more clear.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 27, 2020, 12:29:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info