[3.4] A simple Juggernaut’s consecrated Path 1 mil deeps Non-Crit Tanky (budget version included)

Videos

Yes another nebuloch consecrated path build, my personal take on it.This particular build probably isn’t as crazy tanky as other nebuloch builds out there but it does have much better dps to show for its lack of slightly lower health and elemental damage reduction. The final version can already do all content and I am currently at 450 depth in delve and can definitely go lower, just need more time to farm that darn sulphite.

And yes the dps boxes on path of building is realistically checked unlike some builds out there hehe. On to the build!

More info on the build
A simple build where you only have to consider a few main stats, extra fire conversion, fire penetration and endurance chrages. This is great build for beginners (budget version which can take you to tier 16 maps at the minimum) or for someone who wants to lay some sexy firey signs on the ground. This build uses purely fire damage converted through Xoph’s heart amulet or Avatar of fire on the skill tree.

This is a very beginner friendly build. The main requirement of the build is conversion of physical damage to fire damage. This is a non crit build, so you dont have to have headaches balancing gear around crit nor accuracy, which all comes from the jug ascendancy skill point (Undeniable).

This build has above average dps but the trade off is the good all around tankiness with the double nebulochs or okay tankiness pre nebulochs. You will have time to learn boss mechanics without being one shot.

The tankiness comes from endurance charges and from Jug tree. Nebulochs contribute massively to the extra tankiness so grab them when you have enough regen to combat their degen effects.

Current build & Budget build
Current:
Level-95 Skillpoints-115 (Bandit-Kraityn, yes was my first run through I had no idea what bandits gave, try to get the 2 extra skillpoints or oak is also a good choice)

https://pastebin.com/iQzN9y3J

Budget:
Level-90 Skillpoints-113 (Bandit-Slaughter them all, seriously kill those bastards)

https://pastebin.com/TaPfqQRL

More Info on budget Version
The budget version of the build mainly uses cheap rares you can pick up. The most expensive item on that build version is impressence amulet but that is not mandatory, its just for ease of use of flamibiliy curse, making it into a free aura instead of manually casting it yourself which can be annoying.

If you do get your hands on an 5 linked loreweave with 80% max resists and perhaps a koam’s way with it, you can start switching up to double nebulochs, you will become exponentially tankier.

Skill Gem Setups
Consecrated Path [6-link]

Support gems: Concentrated Effect - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Ruthless - Combustion

Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Support gems: Elemental Damage with Attacks - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus

Immortal Call

Support gems: Increased duration - Cast when Damage Taken

Leap Slam

Support gems: Faster Attacks Support, Fortify (can incorporate, I found I was already tanky enough)

Auras and Curse gems: Anger, Flamibility with Blasphemy support. (I turned flamibility to an aura since Im too lazy to cast it. You can cast it manually and add an extra aura like Herald of ash for even extra dps)

And finally blood rage (frency charge generator) and phase run (its just way too good to not have when delving)

Main Items to grab

This bad boy will free up some skill points on the tree since you wont go have to go get Avatar of fire anymore. Plus the extra dps you get from covering enemies with ash is great and extra fire penetration.

Great chest piece, extra max resistances, extra elemental damage, extra physical damage, extra attributes, need I say more. The extra 5% max resistances help reduce the degen of fire damage you receive from the nebulochs.

The thing that gets you to next level tankiness. The 500 armour per endurance charges and 1% reduced elemental damage per charge are just massive. And hey extra chaos resistances, why not?

Extra max endurance charges. The main attraction is the 0.4% max life regen per endurance charge. Again helping lessen nebuloch’s degen.

The alternative to kaom’s way, I chose to wear one of this and a kaoms way. There are some really good combination you can get. These are rings are just awesome.

Current Gear

I am still working on the build to improve it, will add more information soon plus videos of boss kills and also working on a video guide of the build. Any criticism is welcome, My first guide as well. Cheers.
Last edited by axodus on Oct 17, 2018, 5:00:09 AM
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2018, 6:52:56 PM
thank you for writing this out.

One thing I noticed in your build is Immortal Call where some of the other nebuloch builds do not use it as they never want to lose their endurance charges.

Do you find when immortal call procs, that you have enough time to regen all the endurance charges before IC runs out?
"
thank you for writing this out.

One thing I noticed in your build is Immortal Call where some of the other nebuloch builds do not use it as they never want to lose their endurance charges.

Do you find when immortal call procs, that you have enough time to regen all the endurance charges before IC runs out?

Thank you for reading it!

But yea great question, I do build it back up instantly after it procs with help from endurance charge from melee stun, the 25% chance to gain max charges from unflinching in jug tree alongside the 15% chance to gain max charge from the precursor emblem ring. So 40% chance to gain max charge.

But yea I should add alternatives for people who wont or are unable to get that ring. And might be hard for some bosses to keep the charges up. But I do see some using gluttony leather belt to keep charges up against bosses, havent tested it out myself though.
thank you for your answer. I understand it better now.

I have three more basic questions

1) how do you prevent/remove being frozen? I notice none of your flasks cover removing freeze

2) when doing mapping (non single target) do you swap the concentrated effect gem for something else?

3) You run bloodrage for frenzy but also use Rotgut flask which eats frenzy charges. Is the trade off for gaining onslaught worth losing 3 frenzy charges? Or is this flask only used situationally instead of being spammed?
"
1) how do you prevent/remove being frozen? I notice none of your flasks cover removing freeze

Kaom's unwavering stance prevents you from not being able to move from frozen.

"
2) when doing mapping (non single target) do you swap the concentrated effect gem for something else?

Good question, I really should add more detail to the guide haha. Yep I do switch it out with increased area of effect gem.

"
3) You run bloodrage for frenzy but also use Rotgut flask which eats frenzy charges. Is the trade off for gaining onslaught worth losing 3 frenzy charges? Or is this flask only used situationally instead of being spammed?

Yep situationally used, I mainly use rogut in mines when I'm running into dark areas since I move much faster with it than a normal quicksilver. But yea switch it out when bossing.
oh wow, I never knew that. I thought Unwavering Stance only protected you from Stun, not freeze.

In googling the question, most of the answers I see is that you can still be frozen with Unwavering Stance. I am very confused. I need to research more.

edit: oh wait, I see. Kaom's Roots also has a mod called "can not be slowed to below base speed". This is the mod the protects you from freeze.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 18, 2018, 3:35:47 AM
"
oh wait, I see. Kaom's Roots also has a mod called "can not be slowed to below base speed". This is the mod the protects you from freeze.

Ah yea its the other mod sorry, I was thinking they were the same.
is it hc viable?
"
is it hc viable?

Hmm, I havent tried it in HC, but to a certain point I would assume so. It can tank most of the content. I would say delving wise it should be good til around 400-500 depth. Might have to switch it up to an even tankier version with molten strike after depth 400.
Last edited by axodus on Oct 18, 2018, 1:48:10 PM
You should swap that concentrated effect gem on the helm for some other, the helm already gives conc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info