Convocation CD Bug

The base CD time is 8 seconds, I have the Invoker passive which should bring it down to 4 seconds, plus my gem is 20% quality which should reduce the CD further but according to the tooltip my CD is 4.71 seconds.

Shouldn't the total CD be 2.7 seconds with a total 70% increased CD recovery speed?
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2018, 12:05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No. This modifier does not apply a reduction to the time of the cooldown, it applies an increase to the rate at which you recover the cooldown - hence the description. This is important, as those are very different things; reducing the time of the cooldown by 100% would mean it takes 0 seconds, whereas increasing the rate at which you recover it by 100% means you recover it twice as fast (taking 4 seconds). Since your total increase to the speed is less than 100%, you'll be slower than that, so will take longer than 4 seconds to recover it.

The base cooldown is recovered at a rate of 1/8th per second, and a 70% increase to that gives 0.2125 of the cooldown per second, which works out to taking 4.71 seconds to fully recover.
Gotchya thanks
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. This modifier does not apply a reduction to the time of the cooldown, it applies an increase to the rate at which you recover the cooldown - hence the description. This is important, as those are very different things; reducing the time of the cooldown by 100% would mean it takes 0 seconds, whereas increasing the rate at which you recover it by 100% means you recover it twice as fast (taking 4 seconds). Since your total increase to the speed is less than 100%, you'll be slower than that, so will take longer than 4 seconds to recover it.

The base cooldown is recovered at a rate of 1/8th per second, and a 70% increase to that gives 0.2125 of the cooldown per second, which works out to taking 4.71 seconds to fully recover.

I have always struggled to explain how this works to others, but this post is perfect! Thanks, saving it for reference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info