I would love some advice on my Aura/Tank build

I'm currently at lvl 57. Not sure how well the bonuses add up, but I'm open to sacrifice anything for anything if my Life% is too low...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAP0EswVbDH0QfxRNFLAVUBdQGS4aOB0UI00n7SjFKU8t0jKJNuk5UjowOthANkNjRHJG10wtTDVN2E5tT31QUFFgVElVxlfiWAdYY1j1WfNdxl8_YG1mnme9cH1xTXKpd-V82YBWgh6Cm4TEi4yMdozPj0aQVZrPm6GdgJ3EogCnCKeEqZWsmKyqtPm3MbiTud28N8AawfPGnsbYz2XQ0NSP2t3bC93z4XPjaudS7DjtIO5v7w7wH_F28i_zvvPd9kj31_rS_c8=

I wanted to divide my proficiencies into being able to tank and supply my group with any kind of auras they could need (I obviously wouldn't need to provide all at once, but I want to be malleable based on my group's needs). At the same time, I don't want to be confined into one weapon type just yet. If anything I can respec into one type for damage once I get a weapon I'm confident with.

I'm at a lack of options for support gems as I'm still leveling, which is putting strain on my mana pool, so I'm currently trying to make a beeline to EB. The only fear I have is that the huge loss of energy shield will stunt my ability to tank, so I'd like some advice on that. Also, I'm not sure what my mana situation is going to be like come late game, but depending on if it is stable enough I would consider speccing into the mana% spheres near Hex Master.

Any advice appreciated!!
Last edited by CaptainCavman on Mar 5, 2013, 5:27:11 PM
I'm not too sure about the points spent in the center of the tree. It takes quite some points to get there, which is something you have to take into account when considering costs vs benefits.

Sure, there are three 10% elemental damage nodes there (yet you didn't take the one in the templar branch), but the three 18% elemental resistance nodes are much better spent on a Diamond Skin node, saving you 2 points. Life can be gained elsewhere, and the shield nodes are too far away. So in my personal opinion, the entire center part is a wasted twenty-odd points. I'd go towards the Marauder tree instead.

Judging by the bone-smasher choice you're going for maces; why not spend the 3 points up to Strong Arm in Skull Cracking instead? It's 1% more damage, and 10% stun threshold reduction.

And finally; I wouldn't fix a current mana shortage with passive skill points if you don't know what will happen later on. Although you can always refund them later :)
my mistake, that wasn't the build I'm using. must have mis-copied my link. check it out again!
Honestly. I cant figure out of your build what kind of templar you are.
If you are trying to do a support templar you should, you MUST take Eldritch Battery. Thiss passive allocations will provive you alot of Mana amount and regen.
With that skill and some decent but fairly not Endgame gear, you ll be able to run up to 7-8 Auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info