[3.4] Finally a Doedre's Skin build! 9 Curse Doedre's Skin Herald of Agony Occultist (DHC)

Hey guys, it's me again.

Bringing to you my 9 curse Doedre's Skin Herald of Agony Occultist!
This is NOT a comprehensive guide. I unfortunately don't have the time to get that out. Leveling guide and minor odds and ends won't be included.

Ultimate end gear of this character is not cheap! You've been warned!

BUILD VIDEO & DEMONSTRATION:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjyHBZ_prXg&feature=youtu.be

Build Update Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8An0pXByA&lc=z222whzwgtbai1o3wacdp434uukbx2t1pqj5uoizxxxw03c010c

BUILD DETAILS
This Occultist uses 9 offensive and defensive curses to scale the damage of our ball lightning, our herald of agony crawler, and our profane bloom (to an extent). We will be utilizing our effigy with 5 curses and blasphemy'ing 3 curses (+Witchfire Despair) ourselves along with discipline. Our crawler and us will gain power charges and frenzy charges. Our ball lightning CWC Storm Burst in Volkuur's will keep near 40/40 virulence stack uptime, this will also proc profane bloom and trigger the knockback on projectile weakness. We scale lots of damage and defense using the Dreadbeak + Atziri's Reflection + Pain Attunement and Elemental Overload (for ball lightning) + Coward's Legacy and Lori's lantern for enemies deal unlucky hits. For even more defense, getting a +ESGOH Watchers eye and 50% reduced crits in chest would be GG. In the end, this build will be incredibly safe & powerful. I am currently sitting at about 8.7k ES.

GEAR & LINKS
Spoiler

PASSIVE TREE

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/J7n6pw37

Cheaper Alternatives to Reflection:
x2 Kikizaru
Watcher's Eye Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination

I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Oct 12, 2018, 8:36:03 PM
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2018, 5:47:41 AM
How important is the belt? It's currently 5ex and the only thing preventing the build (minus the mirror of course) from being ultra cheap.

Any suggestion on a budget alternative? It looks really interesting.

How does it handle bossing?
"
How important is the belt? It's currently 5ex and the only thing preventing the build (minus the mirror of course) from being ultra cheap.

Map clearing is great. Bossing is a tad clunky at times since a lot of the damage comes from Herald of Agony. The Crawler will drop massive hits and it will chunk the boss down fairly quickly, although if it runs away or attacks something else, it may take longer. Generally I just pop down my effigy, and start spamming away my storm burst CWC and it goes down decently fast. Have had no issues thus far up to T14 bosses. Haven't reached super endgame stuff (guardians, shaper, elder) yet. I play really slow and I actually was on DSC with two level 90s before I switched to DHC.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Oct 12, 2018, 8:43:04 PM
"
Aevykin wrote:
"

Map clearing is great. Bossing is a tad clunky at times since a lot of the damage comes from Herald of Agony. The Crawler will drop massive hits and it will chunk the boss down fairly quickly, although if it runs away or attacks something else, it may take longer. Generally I just pop down my effigy, and start spamming away my storm burst CWC and it goes down decently fast. Have had no issues thus far up to T14 bosses. Haven't reached super endgame stuff (guardians, shaper, elder) yet. I play really slow and I actually was on DSC with two level 90s before I switched to DHC.

What about the belt? I'm a little short of the 5ex the belt is currently selling for. Does it make the build or is it still doable without it until I gather the funds?

Thanks for your replies, I look forward to trying this out.

EDIT: watched your new video, good info and nice changes.
Last edited by xfloggingkylex on Oct 12, 2018, 10:06:58 PM
"
"
Aevykin wrote:
"

What about the belt? I'm a little short of the 5ex the belt is currently selling for. Does it make the build or is it still doable without it until I gather the funds?

Thanks for your replies, I look forward to trying this out.

EDIT: watched your new video, good info and nice changes.

The belt is definitely not needed. It seems that it's one of the more "controversial" pieces of gear that I've chosen for this build. A good combo I just discovered is instead using Dark Seer for the weapon, and something like Ascent from Flesh would work quite nicely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info