Toxic Rain Trickster (75/75 Dodge)

This is my version of the Toxic Rain Quill Rain Trickster.

Pro: The Gear is affordable to start the build
Leveling with Quill Rain is easy
Every Map Mod and Content viable*
(*haven't done uber elder or uber atziri)

Con: Really struggled with Shaper, Mino and Phoenix due to not being an insane DPS Build

Spell Dodge

I got inspired by reddit to go into 75/75 Spell Dodge/Attack Dodge using "The Green Nightmare" Unique Jewel and corrupted Atziri's Steps with a "Spell Dodge while moving" implicit. The remaining Dodge is achieved with a Quart Flask that also gives Phasing, which is highly useful in delves so you dont get blocked and die.

Auras

The Build uses Temporal Chains as an Aura, to further slow enemies. Toxic Rain already does this, but it maximizes the effect. Vaal Discipline is used for free Energy Shield since you wont run out of mana anyway, and can be used as a panic button to regen ES. The Vertex is used for +1 to Gem Levels to support your Aura Setup. You can either use an Enlighten or Enhance to improve efficency of your curse aura or mana reservation of auras.

Curses

Since Temporal Chains is a curse, and you would want Despair in a chaos build, you need +1 curse from somewhere. Cospri's Will allows you to have 2 curses on enemies, and enables you to do hexproof maps at no downside.

Optional Chaos Res

Your Chaos res will be at 0 due to Cospri's Will and the Vertex already.

I also use a combination of Purity of Elements, Watcher's Eye with Chaos Resistance while Purity of Elements to lower my requirements for Resistances and cap out on chaos resistance. This Needs at least a lvl 3 Enlighten to work, and can be pretty expensive, while not necessary at all.

I have delved to Depth 300, done 159 Atlas Completion solo with the exception of Shaper. I bricked my first set and got help on the 2nd attempt. Feel free to message me in-game for questions, or have a look at my Character over the Website.

Levelling Skilltree: https://pastebin.com/BKEi0ak8 (Level 60)

Bandit Choice: Kratyn for Dodge. if you can cap without somehow, you could respec to 2 points.

Pantheon: Soul of Lunaris - General Avoidance. Soul of Ralakesh - Damage over Time is damage you can' really avoid, so it's good to reduce it further.

Ascendancy: Trickster. Patient Reaper into Prolonged Pain, followed by Ghost Dance and Escape Artist if you want to go into a hybrid build. YOu could also take Swift Killer for more DPS, but less survivability. Harness the Void isn't useful since you deal almost exclusively Chaos damage.

Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/3WCri7fb (Current, Level 93)
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2018, 9:52:31 AM
Here are some of my Items being shown. I've also beiung pushing for Level 97 to finish the upper Bow wheel to squeeze out some more damage over time.

Quill Rain with colors.

corruption needed to hit maximum spell dodge

My quiver with the relevant stats, disregard accurcy because it doesnt matter for toxic rain.

Since my res is capped over other slots, Belt can be used to scale more chaos damage and flask mods (here only reduced charges, more charges gained, and flask effect duration are good, mana/life flask mods can be disregarded)

Reserved Mana for one of your Auras chosen here since better enchants couldnt be found at the time. Best is slot would be Toxic Rain Damage, then Toxic rain additional arrow, followed by blink arrow cooldown recovery speed and Temporal Chains Effect. Toxic Rain phys to chaos doesnt matter since you already convert almost all of it anyway.

I would link my abyssal and Watcher's eye, but somehow cant. they can be found on my PoB
Last edited by birk42 on Oct 6, 2018, 1:54:20 AM
I have to say this build deserve much more attention as far as I can see you think everything very carefully, I will convert my build to this.
Hi, how u leech or gain life ?
Im doing toxic rain too, and i have the problem in every boss fight : I cant regen enough
my leech is primarily from ascendency. thats enough for normal mapping. For bosses, i run a Lvl 20 stone golem (self-cast, not cwdt) that regens over 100 life/second. unless youre fighting really hard bosses like guardians/shaper/... you wont really be in danger of getting one-shot
"
birk42 wrote:
my leech is primarily from ascendency. thats enough for normal mapping. For bosses, i run a Lvl 20 stone golem (self-cast, not cwdt) that regens over 100 life/second. unless youre fighting really hard bosses like guardians/shaper/... you wont really be in danger of getting one-shot

Yeah, that my problem, I cleared all but U-Elder, 1 stone golem is not enough for the fight (to me) even use Chaos damage leech ring
I havent found the solution yet
"
ltt26905 wrote:
"
birk42 wrote:

Yeah, that my problem, I cleared all but U-Elder, 1 stone golem is not enough for the fight (to me) even use Chaos damage leech ring
I havent found the solution yet
Would Life Gain On Hit Support work? Does this skill 'hit' things at all or just the ground?
i mean it technically hits. The explosion of the spore pods count as hit, so they can apply poisons or LGoH, but you cant use warlords mark rings without getting a +1 curse amulet. you could consider not using temporal chains for a swap, or use a LGoH gem, but both aren't real solutions. That Problem should only really appear on T16+ Bosses where you are in an extended fight. The Stone Golem has really been useful for me, and all the passive leech/life gain on kill.
I think you changed your helmet what was the reason exactly ( advantageous and disadvantageous ?)
Which auras you are running all the time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info