is it possible to delve deep without a 'explode monster' skill?

It's bad enough that my favorite flicker strike build is useless, but now I have to build with a skill that explodes monsters since the tiny spiders will rip you every time once you get to any deeper areas. is there any way to delve deep without using a explode on death skill?
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2018, 4:08:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm reminded of this Reddit discussion: The Amount of On-Death Effects is Getting Out of Control

But yes, at some point you'll need some sort of corpse removal in order to ensure your safety. Don't have to explode the corpse a la Inpulsa, but you do need something like Pyre to remove the corpses.

Hm, making a list of such mechanics would be quite useful...
Yeah i makes me mad too, you have to run every second in the opposite direction to avoid those blue spiky OneShots on death.

So i just made a Frozen Arc build, its not that good but at least removes a lot of Death OS when frozen ^^'. Pyre Ring should be a good way too.
To the best of my knowledge, there really is only three types of thing you can do to prevent corpses: You can use (or trigger) a skill that consumes them, you can shatter them, or you can trigger an effect that explodes/destroys them. So a semi-complete breakdown:

• Skills to consume corpses
    • Bodyswap
    • Bone/Flesh/Spirit Offering
    • Cremation
    • Detonate Dead
    • Raise Spectre
    • Raise Zombie
    • Volatile Dead

• Skills that indirectly consume corpses
    • Abyssal Cry (explode on death)
    • Devouring Totem (Consumes corpses)
    • Infernal Blow (explode on death)

• Items that explode enemies on kill:
    • Haemophilia (Bleeding enemies)
    • Inpulsa's Broken Heart (Shocked enemies)
    • Mon'tregul's Grasp (Minion kills only)
    • Obliteration
    • Quecholli/Panquetzaliztli

• Items that otherwise destroy corpses:
    • Arakaali's Fang (Raise spiders)
    • Bubonic Trail (Detonates corpses on move)
    • Kitava's Feast (Destroys)
    • Pyre (Destroys ignited enemies)

• Passives that can remove corpses on kill:
    • Gladiator: Gratuitous Violence (Explodes)
    • Occultist: Profane Bloom (Explodes cursed enemies, 25% chance)

Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 27, 2018, 4:04:54 AM
The best of all is

There is also profane bloom for occultists.
There is also Quecholli and its fated version.
Or for bleed builds :

And likely many others.

Anyway, I don't like the design of having so much effects on monster deaths either but ... I think it's here to stay unfortunately.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 27, 2018, 3:47:55 AM
Oh yeah, there were some I forgot. (and some others you'd not mentioned as well)

Most of them SHOULD be pretty good, though Profane Bloom's lack of consistency might not be too great. At least while Arakaali's Fang only has a 20% chance, (and a 2s cooldown) it can consume up to 10 corpses at a time.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info