Full Elemental Conversion Blade Vortex Indigon Pathfinder (3.4)

INTRODUCTION

I'm a bit of a casual (~1hr per day), thus only level one character per league. I've been thinking about this build for a while, but this guide details the Delve league character I'm busy with. It seeks to be a good all-rounder - relatively fast clearing while also a strong bossing character.

Fast clearing is achieved with Inpulsa (obviously) and Pathfinder's generally fast movement speed. For bossing, Indigon's damage combined with as many more mulipliers as possible (notably exploiting as many "... Physical Damage as Extra ..." mods) provides some pretty solid damage.

Note, the build is non-crit as I feel it is too streched on the passive tree to also go crit. Regardless, Elemental Overload is still a juicy more mutliplier for Indigon's huge increased spell damage.

VIDEOS

Shaper - https://youtu.be/wo0RmlWHrZM

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Good clear speed
+ Strong bossing ability
+ Interesting use of Mana as a resource
+ Decent Delver

Cons:

- Have to push lots of flasks
- Can't Run Elemental Reflect maps
- Can't really Run No Leech maps

DEFENSE

The build is life-based in order to leverage the incredible regeneration from Zerphi's Last Breath (when I finally get one) in combination with Indigon Pathfinder ensures flask uptime4.

+ ~6k Evasion Rating
+ 55%/65% attack/spell dodge (75%/75% with Vaal Grace up)
+ Blind (on hit from Orb of Storms)
+ Enfeeble (@ level 11 via glove corruption)
+ 30% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Cold damage (via Taste of Hate)
+ MoM

Note, the EHP of this build is difficult to quote, as Mana is both a resource for increased spell damage and also HP, but it has about 6k HP + ~600 ES + some amount of 4.5k Mana

OFFENSE

+ Up to ~1500% increased spell damage from Indigon (mostly based off maximum mana leech rate)

SKILL TREE

Pathfinder

Passive Tree (currently @ level 96)

Ascendancy Points: Veteran Bowyer -> Nature' Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Nature's Adrenaline

Bandits: skill points

GEAR

(Life flask to be replaced by Zerphi's Last Breath, when I finally get one)

(Situational Swap flasks)

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler

Helm

Required. This build revolves around spending as much mana as possible to fuel Indigon's increased spell damage. I personally prefer a low increased mana cost roll and high increased spell damage roll (best value), but this is debatable.

Gloves

Required. This is needed for full elemental conversion, which is important so that you get full value from Elemental Overload and Elemental Resistance penetration. Fated version (Hrimburn) not required, as such I bought a few of these and corrupted them for a "curse on hit" implicit - Elemental Weakness, Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are all good outcomes.

Chest
Clearing:

Best clearing chest at the moment, full stop. Note, the shock is mostly applied via Vessel of Vinktar.

Bossing:

Bascially the perfect chest for this build: Elemental Penetration for penetration of all element types, good life/mana rolls and even a Abyssal socket for some flat life/mana.

Boots

Preferred, but rare boots (ideally with spell dodge) would suffice (and even help with resistances). The life/mana leech boot enchantment is needed for clearing and regen one for bosses.

Weapon

Rare Shaper Sambar Sceptre (ilvl 80+)
As many of the following Shaper mods as RNGesus allows you:
"Gain 35+% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage"
"Gain 35+% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage"
"Gain 20+% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a Random Element"

An Elemental Penetration mod is also very good here. If possible, craft cast speed or mana.

Shield

Rare. High life, mana. Fill with Mana Regeneration and Elemental Resistances.

Amulet

Rings

Belt

Rare Shaper belt with the following prefix/suffix:
"20% increased Mana Recovery Rate"
"80+ to Maximum Life"

and ideally one or both of:

"20% increased flask effect duration"
"20% reduced flask charges"

Flasks

Life Flask until Zerphi's Last Breath (still saving up for it)
Vessel of Vinktar (Penetration)
Taste of Hate
Chemist's Quartz flask of Warding
Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline

and any of the following to swap out for certain bosses:
Dying Sun
Divination Distillate
Atziri's Promise
Experimenter's Quartz flask of Adrenaline
Ample Basalt Flask of Warding
Chemist's Ruby Flask of Warding

LINKS AND GEMS

Chest (clearing - Inpulsa):
Vaal Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Physical to Lightning - Increased Duration - Efficacy - Inc. AOE

Chest (bossing - swap to Shroud of the Lightless):
Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Conc. Effect - Physical to Lightning - Mana Leech - (Elemental Penetration)

Gloves:
Orb of storms - Arcane Surge (lvl 20) - Increased Duration - Blind (or Culling Strike for bosses)

Weapon:
Shield Charge (lvl 1) - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Boots:
Vaal Grace - Rallying Cry - Increased Duration - Vaal Righteous Fire or Frost Wall

Shield:
Clarity, Decoy Totem, Flame Dash

Helm:
Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Frost Bomb (lvl 10) - Blood Rage (lvl 7) (to proc Soul of Arakaali regeneration)

JEWELS

and in Shroud of the Lightless:

SCREENSHOTS

Blade Vortex DPS (@ charged up Indigon)

DEFENSE

Recommendations welcome, particularly with respect to the skill tree.

THE END

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This style is from cookees.

Last edited by ThickAndCreamy on Oct 22, 2018, 10:39:05 AM
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2018, 8:35:57 AM
looks interesring :)
I give it a try maybe:)
Last edited by xTOb1 on Sep 25, 2018, 8:36:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type