Elder-influenced areas contain a Memory Fragment disappeared adjacent

Playing zana's quest and at the dead end of a elder patch a Memory Fragment spawned on Tier 8 map.
Played the adjacent Tier 7 map to get map drop and the Elder-influenced areas on the Tier 8 map disappiered but the Elder-influenced on the lower maps remained. I played 3-5 maps, since the spawn. So it can't be the despawn after 20 maps.

It is intended that Memory Fragment disapper if cut of from the others Elder-influenced areas?
This never happend to me before and I offen did that in 3.3 and before.
The quest did chance as well in 3.4. So, maybe this behavior is new?
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2018, 10:29:30 AM
Elder influence moves randomly and will also disappear if cut off. It's required that elder influence always be a single continuous blob. Whether the map can give a memory fragment doesn't change the influence mechanics at all, and this is not new to 3.4.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
Elder influence moves randomly and will also disappear if cut off. It's required that elder influence always be a single continuous blob. Whether the map can give a memory fragment doesn't change the influence mechanics at all, and this is not new to 3.4.
Thank you for the anwser. I did know that Elder-influence can be a single continuous blob only, but I must have been very lucky in the past...

Is it confirmed that also Elder and guardians can be cut off and disappear?
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info