[3.9] READY!! SlimB's Phantasmic Guardian of Purity. THE Ultimate League Starter!

[3.4] SlimB's Phantasmic Guardian of Purity. THE Ultimate League Starter!

Hey! Whats going on Exiles? I'm SlimB.

This will be my first ever recorded Guide :) I've been playing Path since it was considered Beta. I really really love this game. I've played many many builds over the course of 5 years. Safe to say 2013 to present has been a slew of Achievements and Failures when it comes to making your own builds haha! I am a HUGE fan of Diablo 2, Necromancer was my favorite. So I tend to have a soft spot for summoners. <3

3.4 Resurfaced so many ideas in my head when they started leaking new unique items for Delve League, I was insanely excited and had no idea what I was going to make..... UNTIL Soulwrest came to the stage! I then knew exactly I was playing summoner, especially with the minion love they gave to the northwestern part of the passive tree!

Down below I will break down the whole scheme of things.
-Introduction
-Build Summary
-Pros and Cons
-Passive Tree
-Leveing tips
-Final thoughts

Come hang with me on Twitch.tv/slimb44 Mon - Thurs 9PM EST (I do stream at random times on the weekends)
Ill be working on a Youtube Video soon for a visual concept.

When Seeing Soulwrest I knew it could be a really Busted mechanic in the game. I had many ideas come to mind when theory crafting a setup. This is the best one I came up with for league starting.

Soulwrest

This staff opens up 3 major staples that make this build work - 1. Allows you to use a support mechanic as your main source of damage- Summon Phantasms! Not on kill but when you consume a corpse! 2. Every time you consume a corpse you and nearby allies regenerate 5% of life a second. I abuse both of these mechanics with Storm Burst linked with Desecrate/Flesh offering/Cast while channeling. This allows 5% life regeneration 100% up time, and I constantly have out 20 Phantasms. 3. This staff has a built in Abyssus Helmet for every single minion in ya squad. The Flat Physical damage given to minions is Super Strong!

The Coming Calamity

This Chest piece is very specific for this build. It is not Required by any means, I just wanted to use the new Herald of Purity allowing them take advantage of the Soulwrest physical damage. The sentinels that come from your herald do silly damage, they are your bruisers. I have Purity linked to Minion Damage/Multi strike/Minion speed/Concentrated effect.

So this build is meant to be a league starter, great farmer, and potentially a sexi boss killer if you so desire. I honestly am not the GREATEST player in Path Ahheemmm! (Math1l, RaizQT, or Huy) So I could only get this build to Red Elder and Uber Atziri.... With that being said I do believe this build can do all content in the current game, given the proper min-maxing of gear and precise skill in game. :) I will be giving Shaper a Legit attempt soon.

This build excels in the clear speed section when it comes to builds. Very fast and big clear potential. (Phantasms + GMP + Faster Projectiles)
I was also aware that 90% of people were hoping on the Pathfinder/Guardian Train for Delve. So I wanted to make my build unique in its own way.
I chose Guardian for its ridiculously tanky passives and supportive nature for group play.

We will talk about the big Pros first.
-You're a summoner so you wont be putting yourself in a lot of harms way. Your squad is doing the dirty work for you!
-Guardian ascendancy - You are tanky!
-Very Cheap, non expensive items that are required to make this build go.
-Can do most content with the highest links needed: 4 link.
-Can be CI or Life based. (I chose CI)
-You do not have to run Discipline. Sitting around 7K es is plenty for anyone farming at the start of a league.

Now lets talk about the Cons.
-Phantasms are not very tanky, they die easily to AOE damage. (Not too bad you can resummon)
-You are a staff wielder, your means of mobility are kinda meh... Flame dash, meh.. Lightning warp, meh. (I did manage to squeeze in phase run and its nice.)
-You dont have access to fortify. #feelsbadman

CI Base
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvAaQGSQceDXwQURFQEY4R2BhWGF0bJRzcHRQdTx8YIvQkTiWyKPospiy_Lagy0TQKNbk3ZjeDOsY870FpRUdGcUlRSbFKn0uuTLlNuVH7V8lakVxrYPhihmL0ZlRmnmdxaHRo8mqsa9tsC20ZcbJyD30Yfmx_xoLHgwmESIVgi3qLjIx2jxqPRo_6kiuTJ5RvlS6YTZuhnEqePJ69oOahL6UYpqym66cIpyuofaqpqsSt8bGQtAy3MbiTvoC-isBmwcXDbcrTzLzNFtP712rXz9lb2mLi9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviPDV98H31_k3-d356PrS?accountName=Flackattack&characterName=Goletasm

Life Base
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.4.1/AAAABAUDAQGkA-4EBwSzCPQQUREtEY4R2BZvGFYc3B0UHb4fGCL0JE4kqiWyJpUo-iqYLJwy0TOHNZI26TpYOsY64UFpQYdFR0WdSbFKn0yzTLlNuU3jUEJR-1M1U1JVS1XGWpFg-GHiYoZi9GaeZ3FodGjyakNqrGvbbAttGXGyfIN9GH5sgseD24Vgi4yMNo8aj0aQM5IrkyeYTZrgnEqevaDmogClGKZXpqynCKh9qqmqxKyYtz64k7zqwGbMvM0W0B_T-9dq18_Yvdpi42rr7uyK74jv6_Af8kX31_k3-d356PrS_gr-jw==

Tip: When selecting jewels you want for your passive tree, you want to look for 2 major stats: Life Increases (ES or Life). Minion Damage.
Jewel sockets are insanely strong and underrated by the average Path player.

When Leveling this style of character, you can play 2 styles.

1. Melee Guardian with zombies and Dominating blow until you can make the transition to casting and using your staff.

2. Good ol' Summon Raging spirits! You can level as SRS completely until you are ready to make your transition.

All in all, I find this to be one of my best league starters ever. The ceiling for this build can only get better given the right ideas, gear, and player. Great League starter for any Path player, from Newb to Seasoned Vet. Its a blast to watch in all its Phantasmic Glory! :)

Thanks for stopping by and giving my version of the Soulwrest guide a look!
Until next time Playas!

touchnova
Not sure I would have ever even thought of posting a guide out here if it wern't for you dude. Appreciation on 10000%. If anyone is looking for some LEGIT talent, I commend my guy.

Last edited by Flackattack on Dec 4, 2019, 2:55:33 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2018, 12:21:23 AM
Giving this build a try, which Pantheons do you recommend for it?
Have you considered Switching your channelling skill to blight, getting Envy through Aul's or a shaper amulet, and replacing added fire with added chaos? I'm not sure, as I don't have any idea how it would work.
I honestly have no idea ether! o_O its possible it could work! would need to be tested. I honestly wish I could roll correct colors for Wrath and go phys to light. would be WAY better then added fire and anger :[
Just wanted to say thank you and Holy Shit it is an amazing thing:) I am still working on it and my build is a bit diff but the base is this and its just insane. I am a pseudo noob, only my second build. I totally recommend this as a starter build. You can adapt it a bunch of ways. So you do not have to spend much to make it silly :)
Life based skill tree is WITCH tree. ???

Is this right? Am I missing something?
"
hkalic wrote:
Life based skill tree is WITCH tree. ???

Is this right? Am I missing something?

Hello! sorry been out of town late vacation! Did I forget to swap classes? haha
Witch to Templar - Fixed! Thanks. :]
"
koshdino wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you and Holy Shit it is an amazing thing:) I am still working on it and my build is a bit diff but the base is this and its just insane. I am a pseudo noob, only my second build. I totally recommend this as a starter build. You can adapt it a bunch of ways. So you do not have to spend much to make it silly :)

Thats awesome man! hell ya! Glad got another in the works! pretty fun to play!
Could we get some pob links ?
Im interested in what you did with your helmet (specters or animate guardian or maybe something else).
Plus, do the herald goons really hit that hard ? i ran some pob and on first glance its not crazy dps. Its just above skeletons or zombies, but not by a whole lot, surely not enough to justify 4 ascendancy points and the chest piece.
Lastly, you talked about being tanky, yet i notice just some regen without armor or any other way of mitigating damage, am i missing something ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info