3.4.1b Hotfix Patch Notes

The decorations in my hideout to choose from has disappeared after patching the latest update. What gives!!!!

Edit: ok i fixed it by switching to standard league and back to delve league since i got scared that i lost everything
Last edited by Spineless on Sep 11, 2018, 6:19:20 AM
Minotaur crash still not fixed. All the primeval chambers where bugged as well...dafq GGG. At least dont say you fixed something if it's still broken.
"
_KuramA_ wrote:
can we have a fix for the city staircases ? still bugged, also shaper strongholds are bugged for some ppl and dont appear. and many more... giveeeeee fixes

Tried yesterday and worked. Now, i don't know.
Last edited by semfuturo4ever on Sep 11, 2018, 7:16:56 AM
Still no fix for spectre Beast Burrow encounter?
I still have Delve mine issues with regards to disconnected paths. Crawler won't advance because the pathing (the click here to start circle) wants to cross over another path at the start of the crawl.
"
JKlupper wrote:
Even for this 70 Mb patch took 5 mins to check resources....:(((( It will never go away will it?

5 minutes on a standalone client? That's just awful - "resource check" relies heavily on the drive's "read" speed.

I have two PoE clients installed: one via Steam (Steam is on an HDD, its PoE - on SSD), another a standalone client (on the same HDD as Steam). Steam version took around 15 minutes to patch 25MB in. Standalone client took less than a minute for a 75MB patch.

Based on what I saw as I was monitoring hardware activity, here's what, in my understanding, happens:

1. Steam does some sort of hash check and uses the already-existing GGPK file to avoid downloading the whole 16GB file and only download 25MB instead.
2. Downloads the update (in a matter of seconds, of course).
3. Moves the existing GGPK file into its own "downloading" folder.
4. Applies the patch to it and then moves the new file back to the game folder.

Since Steam and PoE reside on different [physical] drives, copying back-and-forth is limited to the slower drive's speeds. Result, like I mentioned earlier, is 15 minutes for a 25MB update.

It's the way Steam works and why games like PoE (which use one huge-sized package file and get patched on a regular basis) are a bad mix with it, using the standalone client is preferrable whenever possible.

TL;DR version: it's the way Steam works, it's the way PoE works, it's NEVER going to change.
Last edited by akane750 on Sep 11, 2018, 10:19:08 AM
Solution for steam patches:
M.2 SSD.

I know it sucks, and it really is annoying, but damn... when I pieced together a new pc this summer, I went with a samsung 970 evo m.2 ssd, installed PoE on that, and now I barely even notice the patches.
On my old pc, it would flat out *freeze* for 2-3+ minutes at a time when steam was copying the files around, but now I'm done patching in 1-2 minutes, with zero impact on the system.

Since PoE isn't the only game that uses huge resource files, this is basically the only way of "fixing" that problem until devs stop using such huge files, or Steam changes the way they patch things.
I'd really wish someone from GGG finally replied to a discussion about the awful Steam patching.

Either split the file or own up to the mess instead of having the users explain it for you every time someone brings it up.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
"
bgodbgg wrote:
Now stuck in a steam update since I just crashed and it wanted to download a ~24mb update. Steam update->launch->need to patch, repeat.

for me 24 mb mean 30 min. but 3 mb also mean 30 min. steam fucking sucks, and poe's patching system is the worst I've ever experienced in general

not to mention I almost constantly have the 100% disk utilization problem whenever poe loads something like a new area
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 11, 2018, 1:48:58 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this game :) .

I love me some good sarcasm
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info