[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
Rex_Urhole wrote:

Thanks, sorry I missed the POB

you didnt, i added that after i replied to you :)
Hello everyone!
I most likely would like to try this build upcoming league (if no major nerfs).

I've got a couple of questions about this build.
1. Can I push over 10k life with this build and is it efficient to loose DPS for more hp or it's pointless?
2. I've been looking for a elemental melee build, kind of. And I'm still thinking between 2h Ice Crash Jugg and this Molten Strike Jugg. Can someone give me a quick overview and pros/cons between these two build? Thank in advance.
Last league I've been playing EQ max block glad and ground slam zerker, but this time I want to try more in elemental way, some kind of fire / cold melee.
Another look at 'Petrified Blood' new aura for the build, without knowing the gem stats at level 20..

assuming that the portion of damage taken as DOT is 50% at level 20, this aura wont be good for just slapping it on the build.

say you have 10k life and getting hit for 9999 damage after all mitigations, this will leave you at 1 hp and you stop taking damage after this hit, then you are left to recover with regen and leech.

with 'Petrified Blood' you will be running around at 5k life all the time (because you have to reserve your life in order yo use this aura with the build and probably wont spam life flasks all the time), when you receive the same 9999 damage hit, 4999 damage is lost instantly leaving you at 1 hp too, BUT now you also have a 4999 degen to worry about for 4 seconds, which is ~1250 life lost per second.

in this case there is no advantage to use the aura.

at 60% damage taken as DOT, it might be more interesting as you are left with more life and a degen that although pretty big, still manageable with out regen and leech.

having said all of that, if you have 9-10k life with all of our defenses up, nothing really hits you for that much and having 'Petrified Blood' in a no regen no leech map might be even more dangerous than normal as you are "collecting" damage and making the degen bigger and bigger.
i mean, if the Shaper's slam and Sirus' die beam cant one-shot you why would you want to use the aura?

i will test the aura once the patch is out and see how it feels and perform for adding it "as is" to the build.
its not really worth to rework the build just for this aura.

"
2. I've been looking for a elemental melee build, kind of. And I'm still thinking between 2h Ice Crash Jugg and this Molten Strike Jugg. Can someone give me a quick overview and pros/cons between these two build? Thank in advance

Having played both, the short answer is the Molten Strike Juggernaut is tankier, but has less dps. Ice crash has more dps, and is less tanky. Ice crash also has better clear.

I would also say there is a breakpoint with Molten Strike...it felt very underwhelming, and then you reach a certain point in gear and its effectiveness sky rockets. Ice crash just starts out feeling good and keeps going up.

I guess it just comes down to which playstyle you want...leaping around and spewing molten balls of fire, or running around shouting angrily before you one shot packs.
"
HybridBoy wrote:
Another look at 'Petrified Blood' new aura for the build, without knowing the gem stats at level 20..

assuming that the portion of damage taken as DOT is 50% at level 20, this aura wont be good for just slapping it on the build.

say you have 10k life and getting hit for 9999 damage after all mitigations, this will leave you at 1 hp and you stop taking damage after this hit, then you are left to recover with regen and leech.

with 'Petrified Blood' you will be running around at 5k life all the time (because you have to reserve your life in order yo use this aura with the build and probably wont spam life flasks all the time), when you receive the same 9999 damage hit, 4999 damage is lost instantly leaving you at 1 hp too, BUT now you also have a 4999 degen to worry about for 4 seconds, which is ~1250 life lost per second.

in this case there is no advantage to use the aura.

at 60% damage taken as DOT, it might be more interesting as you are left with more life and a degen that although pretty big, still manageable with out regen and leech.

having said all of that, if you have 9-10k life with all of our defenses up, nothing really hits you for that much and having 'Petrified Blood' in a no regen no leech map might be even more dangerous than normal as you are "collecting" damage and making the degen bigger and bigger.
i mean, if the Shaper's slam and Sirus' die beam cant one-shot you why would you want to use the aura?

i will test the aura once the patch is out and see how it feels and perform for adding it "as is" to the build.
its not really worth to rework the build just for this aura.

Thanks to you for keep working on this build :)
Ill looking forward to start 3.14 with this build
"
pvb32978 wrote:
"
2. I've been looking for a elemental melee build, kind of. And I'm still thinking between 2h Ice Crash Jugg and this Molten Strike Jugg. Can someone give me a quick overview and pros/cons between these two build? Thank in advance

Having played both, the short answer is the Molten Strike Juggernaut is tankier, but has less dps. Ice crash has more dps, and is less tanky. Ice crash also has better clear.

I would also say there is a breakpoint with Molten Strike...it felt very underwhelming, and then you reach a certain point in gear and its effectiveness sky rockets. Ice crash just starts out feeling good and keeps going up.

I guess it just comes down to which playstyle you want...leaping around and spewing molten balls of fire, or running around shouting angrily before you one shot packs.

Hello, thanks so much for respond! Really nice to hear from a player who tested both builds. But actually I wanted to try out Ice Crash focused on high attack speed. I prefer bombing everything instead of simply one shotting them. But that's me.
I still think between two different versions of Ice Crash, one based on Hollow Palm keystone, playing as ranger. Second one is 2h axe Juggernaut.
Forget my edit, this build looks absolutely insane. I can't wait to melt the atlas in 3.14
Last edited by ghrin13 on Apr 13, 2021, 4:49:06 PM
Thanks for great advice hybridboy , i am loving the build and i am totally new to the game

Lvl 65 in act 7 kicking serious ass

Had a 5 link droped and i am rocking molten strike-multistrike-acestral call - combustion

When 6 link drops i will add imolate

Loving it !
Do you have any plans to upgrade this build for the 3.14 version of the game? This was my first build i played long time ago. It looks much faster now...
"
IXTISNIKA wrote:
Do you have any plans to upgrade this build for the 3.14 version of the game? This was my first build i played long time ago. It looks much faster now...

yes, as usual.
waiting for the patch notes and gem info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info