[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

Hi,
just thinking about this as a league starter - where grelwood is still expensive

what could be a good replacement ( y i know there is non lol ... ) for it until getting it?

thank you :)
"
Soo7hsayer wrote:
This build is crazy good. Just finished T16 Chimera at level 75.

you got big (molten) balls :)

"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,
just thinking about this as a league starter - where grelwood is still expensive

what could be a good replacement ( y i know there is non lol ... ) for it until getting it?

thank you :)

beltimber or any fast attacking sword\claw with some phyz damage.
Hey, sry for stupid question. Is this build good for next league?

I have played that build like a week and I love it. Searching good melee build for next league.
Last edited by IguanaDuet on Mar 3, 2019, 3:31:31 PM
"
IguanaDuet wrote:
Hey, sry for stupid question. Is this build good for next league?

I have played that build like a week and I love it. Searching good melee build for next league.

no changes really.

but could potentially get buffed if you can set it up right and use diff flasks.
i will update the guide once the new league is out.
Very interesting build. Thanks for this. Preparing for 3.6. Was new to POE in 3.5 and I really like Jugg as a class. Not great at mechanics, so need a build to better tank the damages.

I assume the early starter items will just be general rares and would be enough for initial mapping while you get the basic core gear.I'm estimating the core gear is few hundred chaos to 6ex. I am kind of casual so I need to plan and prioritize.

I saw you list budget belt and ring. I assume you use some 5-6L until you manage to get the helmet to replace it. For weapon, Rare sword and board until you get the specific unique.

Total around 1000-1500c for the initial core gear and slowly do incremental upgrades from there.

Seems like priority would be:
1. Grelwood - 80-100c (Use any rare sword/claw with high physical and speed)
2. Xoph's Blood - 2-3ex (Avatar of Fire + rare ammy with life, res and stat)
3. Elder Helmet with Immolate and Conc - 20-100c (Use any rare helmet)
4. Kaom's - 1-3ex (Use 5/6L until you get Elder Helmet)
6. Elder Rings - 10-100c (Use rare rings till Elder Rings with LGOH)
7. Watcher's Eye - 2-4ex

Others:
1. Lioneye's Shield: 5-10c - seems cheap, get it whenever
2. Belt and Boots: 5-50c - Manage res properly 5-50c
3. Dying Sun: 100c
"
Xrande wrote:
Very interesting build. Thanks for this. Preparing for 3.6. Was new to POE in 3.5 and I really like Jugg as a class. Not great at mechanics, so need a build to better tank the damages.

I assume the early starter items will just be general rares and would be enough for initial mapping while you get the basic core gear.I'm estimating the core gear is few hundred chaos to 6ex. I am kind of casual so I need to plan and prioritize.

I saw you list budget belt and ring. I assume you use some 5-6L until you manage to get the helmet to replace it. For weapon, Rare sword and board until you get the specific unique.

Total around 1000-1500c for the initial core gear and slowly do incremental upgrades from there.

Seems like priority would be:
1. Grelwood - 80-100c (Use any rare sword/claw with high physical and speed)
2. Xoph's Blood - 2-3ex (Avatar of Fire + rare ammy with life, res and stat)
3. Elder Helmet with Immolate and Conc - 20-100c (Use any rare helmet)
4. Kaom's - 1-3ex (Use 5/6L until you get Elder Helmet)
6. Elder Rings - 10-100c (Use rare rings till Elder Rings with LGOH)
7. Watcher's Eye - 2-4ex

Others:
1. Lioneye's Shield: 5-10c - seems cheap, get it whenever
2. Belt and Boots: 5-50c - Manage res properly 5-50c
3. Dying Sun: 100c

yea, you got the general idea ):

xophs blood can be much lower in the list tho.

you want to get an elder helmet as soon as possible so you can use what ever chest piece you want until you get kaoms.
grelwood is a massive dps boost but wont be available as the start of the league and even when it does pop out, it would be very expensive.

in delve i used a 4L armor until i got the helmet, i think it was at lvl ~75.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

you want to get an elder helmet as soon as possible so you can use what ever chest piece you want until you get kaoms.
grelwood is a massive dps boost but wont be available as the start of the league and even when it does pop out, it would be very expensive.

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate it. You mentioned in a post somewhere you intentionally played this in Betrayal to see if it would work on a budget and as a league starter.

So how was it? How far could it go without the core gear of grelwood, helmet and Kaom until is is affordable? I'm just afraid I can't go mapping much without those 3 core items.

My previous jugg was super budget and worked with all rares except Ahn's Might swords was even them was super cheap. Even the eventual scaling was just Loreweave and possibly Death's Door boots. Cheap to get to end game, but limited in terms of scaling. It hit a certain ceiling fast.

I just don't want to be stuck unable to purchase the items at league start.

Thanks!
Last edited by Xrande on Mar 4, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
"
Xrande wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate it. You mentioned in a post somewhere you intentionally played this in Betrayal to see if it would work on a budget and as a league starter.

So how was it? How far could it go without the core gear of grelwood, helmet and Kaom until is is affordable? I'm just afraid I can't go mapping much without those 3 core items.

My previous jugg was super budget and worked with all rares except Ahn's Might swords was even them was super cheap. Even the eventual scaling was just Loreweave and possibly Death's Door boots. Cheap to get to end game, but limited in terms of scaling. It hit a certain ceiling fast.

I just don't want to be stuck unable to purchase the items at league start.

Thanks!

it was delve league.
you can map on a 4L with grelwood or use a tabula and a decent sword.
since you are focusing on defense, you probably wont die and red maps would take a little bit longer to clear.
also scaling is pretty nice, but once you get the core items you are set all the way to endgame.
life leech length got nerfed in the coming league. I'm still inexperienced for this mechanic (LGOH), but will this nerf affect this build at all? thank you.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Mar 4, 2019, 5:55:54 PM
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
life leech length got nerfed in the coming league. I'm still inexperienced for this mechanic (LGOH), but will this nerf affect this build at all? thank you.

i think its more relevant for the slayer ascendancy.
it has the notable that gave the mod "life leech effects are not removed at full life", which could last for a duration that felt forever.

this build isnt dealing a massive amount of damage per hit.
we rather focus on lower damage values but lots of hits per second.
so i guess this nerf shouldn't affect us, or most of the builds actually.

also, if you are not reaching full life in less than 5 seconds with this build, you are doing something wrong :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info