[3.13] TOXIC RAIN + HERALD OF AGONY Pathfinder Build (6-8K life) (UBER ELDER done!) +VIDEO GUIDE!

"
"
ExponentMach wrote:
Unfortunately, according to Poe wiki “Damage on Full Life is a support gem that grants more damage made with the supported attack skill, but only when the player is on full life. Being even one life below the maximum will nullify the effect.”. Trying to find a substitute for damage on full life. I’ll prob always be on full life while mapping but not against the really tough bosses.

Increased Duration is dope as a solution as well. It literally makes your pods last 1,6 seconds instead of 1 second.

Argh sorry for not making this clear! I meant 6th link on agony crawler to replace dmg on full life since it doesn’t matter if the crawler is on full life or not, it’s about whether the player is on full life which I doubt I will be.
Spoiler

My version of toxic rain pathfinder. Mapping is fast, bosses are melting. Two life flasks are useful when exploring delves in darkness, although it can be swapped with dying sun.
Question for the OP.

So the reason you are stacking phys damage is purely for poison scaling am I right? Since added chaos damage scales with poison aswell, would it be optimal to scale either/or whichever you can do so cheaply? Or do u have any other reasons to scale phys other than life leech, because that seems like a low impact reason to scale phys for a build that already doesn't rely on leech.

Thanks
"
"
Icemasta wrote:
Why no Coralito?

For a none-crit, not-an-assassin build it's pretty pointless. Enough poison chance without it

What about poison duration so that poisons deal more damage? For boss fights that flask increases the toxic rain DPS by nearly 33%? Every other build recommends it, for good reasons, hence why I am asking why you use, say, a Dying Sun over a Coralito.
Can anyone take a look at my char and advice what should I improve next?
So right now I'm at the point where I'm testing if the flat phys on drillneck is better than a cheap +1 arrows quiver.. So far, it feels as though the +1 arrows is doing much more work than the phys from drillneck.. Let me know what u guys think about this if you have been testing it.. The +1 arrows makes a huge difference because I think the extra pod means u are getting alot more out of your mirage archer not to mention more poison stacks... My +1 quiver doesn't have attack speed on it, but it still feel more powerful than the drillneck.

Has anyone been testing this out?

(edit: tooltip dps of toxic rain goes way down when swapping to the +1 arrows quiver, but as we all know, the tooltip dps is meaningless for our build since we are relying on poison and damage over time, still this was irking as losing tooltip dps is always a concerning thing)
Last edited by aykay317 on Sep 12, 2018, 12:17:45 PM
"
ExponentMach wrote:
Argh sorry for not making this clear! I meant 6th link on agony crawler to replace dmg on full life since it doesn’t matter if the crawler is on full life or not, it’s about whether the player is on full life which I doubt I will be.

no, that isn't how it works. damage on full life linked to the crawler does not depend on you being on full life, but the crawler.
it would be like if you socketed it to any other minion skill, it would matter if that minion was on full life or not - not yourself.

so yes feel free to socket damage on full life for absolutely free with herald of agony.

"
aykay317 wrote:
snip about +1 arrows etc

this is what i really want to test next. im not sure how +1 arrow really works with toxic rain. does it just give you more pods in the base aoe of toxic rain?
or does it also expand the base aoe of toxic rain in order to give you more pods?

if it expands the base aoe, im not sure how +1 arrows would really be worth it, as the expansion is the base aoe means all of your pods would be more spread out and adding +1 would potentially just offset that effect.

the aoe explosion of the aoe pods is fucking insanely large though so maybe it would always be worth it. its a hard thing to test out because we can't see the base radius on the ground like we can on other skills
Last edited by xMustard on Sep 12, 2018, 12:15:19 PM
Hi! I just got myself a 6L Quill Rain and I'm not sure where my next priority in gearing should be. Does anyone know if a +3 6L bow is much better dps than Quill Rain? If so should I make that my next priority? Or is getting a Dying Sun then Impresence a better way to spend my currency? Btw, how does Herald of Agony feel to ya'll? It's hard to figure its dps when TR is doing most of my dps haha.
deleted
Last edited by aykay317 on Sep 12, 2018, 12:51:48 PM
"
the aoe explosion of the aoe pods is fucking insanely large though so maybe it would always be worth it. its a hard thing to test out because we can't see the base radius on the ground like we can on other skills

My gut feeling is telling me the extra pod means more pods that overlap especially if we use mirage archer. It also feels that way as well. Mapping in general feels much smoother with the extra arrow as that innately widens our aoe radius. also since poison application happens when the pods land, more pods mean more chance for poison stacks.
The poison damage per second definitely takes a hit when i swap out the drillneck, but i don't know why the +1 arrows feels much smoother.
Last edited by aykay317 on Sep 12, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info