3.4 toxic rain build

I'm working on a Toxic Rain build. So far it uses scourge arrow and herald of agony as well. I made a tree for the skills. The damage is pretty good currently - around level 40. My survivablity is a bit rough.

I'm looking for help with gear focus, end game and leveling gear ideas (uniques included), and improvements to my tree. I ultimately hope to prepare a fancy build guide for this idea. I'm open to criticism. I'd like to make this as viable as possible.

Thank you to all who read this.

Last edited by Zab_Foh on Sep 3, 2018, 2:01:09 PM
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2018, 11:26:29 PM
Hello,

I'm doing a build around toxic rain.

My main idea is to build it like a molten strike / poison build.

ie : many strikes = many poison debuff = big damage with vile toxin and despair + crawler.

I'm around 40 too have a good dps and no trouble with survavility, I only died from drakness trying to break wall while having no idea how flare should be used XD.

Also I have put wither on my herald of agony so minions are slowed even more and get more dammages.

Here is my current tree :

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBbUGcAceDkgPqxGWFr8ZiiLqJIsmlSchLiMwcTIBOkJJE0lRS3hOn1BCVUtcQGHiYet1nnpTen99dX-WgCKHy4ngjDaNv4_6kx-TmZUulciXBp9toi6nm6_rshm748M6xKLPFc96037UI92o5ljo1u4O73rw1fzF_gn-ug==?accountName=shuruga2&characterName=Delvania

I have focused on life, chaos, and rush acrobatics since I don't have many arour/es. I think I should have taken chance to poison before chaos dammage but I haven't got much time to plain it.

For endgame :

I can see some flaws in your tree :

- You don't take enought life. Even for a ranged charactere you need life.

- you are going full evasion but don't take acrobatics, it's really strong and was one of the keystone the most played last league. Also, there may be too much evasion, I don't use too play evasion build, but you may be over the top on this stat

- Increase damage over time only grew the dammage from the dot of pods and the poison. And we are trying to convert 100% of our dammage to chaos. So I think that there is better nodes than the "bow physical dammage + bow overtime damage" ones.

Endgame stuff :

I think a bow with :
- chaos dammages + AS + chance to poison on hit (If not a 100%)
or
- +2 to bow skill, +1 skill

Is the best we can get.

Also https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Darkscorn may be a cheap alternative for starting map.

Or may be quillrain, If I allready have 100% chance to poison + vile toxin 21/20 + a way to permanently apply despair 21. It could be tested.

Ring :
If I can't manage to convert enought physical dammage to chaos I'll go for a
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming%27s_Heart

Glove : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Embalmer if it is cheap it could be my 5 link starting map
then : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Snakebite so I don't have to spend all my passiv point to go 100% chance to poison on hit. If I found a way to stack my frenzy charges.

Amulette : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_of_Corruption maybe a good start, I'm not sure. And https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Impresence_(Chaos) I ever I get rich... or very lucky.

Last : I have seen people thinking about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightbane_Raiment but i don't know, we loose many stats for 30% convertion.

BUT for now I have a trouble with my build, I can't find a good way to apply despair.
- I can't cast it myself since I'm too busy raining down poisonous pod seeds on my enemy.
- It doesn't work on herald of agony, too sad I was hoping for it since it work on classic herals (I guess minion can't curse on hit)
- It doesn't work with siege balista (I guess totem can't curse on hit)
- It WORKS with cast when dammage taken, but I can't lvl it

Is there other ways ?

Wow! Thank you so much for the reply. This gives me a lot to digest. I didn't notice how lifeless I was and I totally forgot about acrobatics. I appreciate the time you took to respond. I look forward to implementing your suggestions.
I just started doing maps with it and like it is far. I found it better than caustic arrow. The slow is good as is the damage. I use Harold of agony AND purity. Purity adds quite a bit of dmg for the poison hit and also gives me 4 minions as a mrs shield. I plan on using both Harold’s in a 6 link and doing:
Agony—-purity—-blind—-maim—-wither—faster attacks

Gonna use a lioneye glare so minions can’t miss either. Going the usual evasion/acro
Toxic Rain is a powerful skill at it base. I ended almost 4 acts with this skill without links with trash bow.

I theorycrafted my poison build for Barrage/TS. But now when I used at start and started mapping Toxic Rain still seems much smoother than TS. Maybe it will be my main skill for mapping, but for boss kills 6L Barrage should be more powerful anyway.

If u are interested I can share my PoB when I'll be at home.
Thank you to the additional posters. I appreciate the insight.

I have updated my tree in my original post to reflect the feedback I've received.

I, too, think Darkscorn may be a good bow choice. I'm think maybe Drillneck for the quiver. I've been using Lightbane and Quillrain and they're working nicely at lvl 49.

I have been running toxic rain and mirage archer with herald of agony and wither through act 6. I do great damage, but I'm still a bit squishy. Better gear is probably what I need - much of it is still ilvl 20-30.

What is different between running wither and wither support? I've tried both and can't tell.

Adding herald of purity has seemed beneficial.

"
If u are interested I can share my PoB when I'll be at home.

Yes, please. I struggle understanding the mechanics of the skills in the game.

Thanks again for the replies, everyone.
Wither should be used with spell totem + faster casting + Inc. duration to get max profit.

At maximum stacks it will boost ur dps almost twice. It is one of cores of chaos builds.

Wither support have only 25% chance to apply stack and can be used only for support ur minions in my opinion.

Also u don't need to convert all of ur Phys to chaos. Just use dendrobate, it's best choice for poison, mostly if u have no 100% chance to poison on hit. I tried a lot of chests in PoB and nothing can be compared with dendrobate.

For bow I prefer Lioneyes Glare. With it u don't need accuracy rating. Without this suffix ur jewelry will be some cheaper and u can apply poison stack every hit. Also 350 pdps is not bad for bow.

So core of my build is Dendrobate, Lioneyes Glare and Coralito Signature.

Ill share my PoB in 3-4 hours.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Sep 4, 2018, 1:17:38 AM
NOTE : I haven't said Darckscorn is mandatory, it's a cheap alternativ to start mapping.

Nobody's talking about despair, is it wotrhwhile trying to use it ?

I'm thinking about using a 4 link chain veil (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Heretic%27s_Veil) with despair,enlightment,herald of agony, wither.

Since most of the time in delve I'm killing ennmy directly at my feets, blashpemy should do the job.

Another point :

"

Wither should be used with spell totem + faster casting + Inc. duration to get max profit.

[...]

Also u don't need to convert all of ur Phys to chaos. Just use dendrobate, it's best choice for poison, mostly if u have no 100% chance to poison on hit. I tried a lot of chests in PoB and nothing can be compared with dendrobate.

That's two very interresting idea.

EDIT : If I don't need full conversion then : /EDIT
If I drop despair, I could go : two heralds, Dendrobate, Lioneyes Glare, Snakebite, Atziri's promise.

(yeah I love snakebite, I'm not sure it's better than your core but i'll defintly be using it).

EDIT2 : since I'll use snakebite and have many dex, Lioneyes Glare 100% hit may be useless.

Any idea ?
Last edited by shuruga2 on Sep 4, 2018, 8:00:05 AM
This is my POB tree that use 2 ming heart to get 90% convert physc to chaos 100% chance to poison using lioneye glare dendrobate chest
Spoiler
eNqtWVlz4jgQfp75FS7eOXzgY4vsFkcOsoEQjjAzLylhCxDIliPJEObXr2TDAEkMIrU8EB9fX19L3S1S--ctxNoKUoZIdFXQS5WCBiOfBCiaXRVGw5uiW_jn7--1HuDzx2kjQVi--fv7t1p6rWG4gljIFTQO6Azy550m80VomoAoQLxLaAgEqEsiuHt2VahjRMHutgOpjzBkbIfyMWCsC0J4VeiDaAZpQQPMh1HQ3L_IkCFA0YD4S8hvKUni1JcVgusOCQSm3ek99oc7M02awJ0jIoZvtR4GG0gHHHCNiS_hlaACzGALhOJbKAI4EVqqJadQ_lxgEEMY_AHqpapr_Q_QHoXX0yn0OVrBJhWOz0Hk7_2p5Mldiu0kmKMYI8nvH79yY737oNyr5mGHhAPc6g320FLFcN3TcMLPu93AgsVDxdVSvhc9ghiJDtHmGehx4t1SborGiM8_qtftkq0bnmfkiXVABJqEKQQ64PukeLlu9OHrITBXWwu-7TnId0-oO0TmqmtH-wjsU84dAnO1PaDpnnOr4p3YQf5fEtyO_D3l-eRI6CiikEG6Oth6JywcS_REWYIHAeiVkyH04QxGeyul02YeIPTnt6J69QE_2K6limnrevXkAtqvz9NUSewhVYZ5SusnTOXrPxa4gCgpeEyUUzppJYenPJHrCNLZZjBHEAcKm0zSdChySJeSjeNYlEQujWgFZE_dk-ueCSfDH-0RK3ePdKAoqEIkgO9qe_X_FOlRspDtDF8oV6chSahiHjPwYdxWbsPpzTcM-aLnpAW_D4NEeEdUErnryx2ygqFY9GlbF9PGQQc1jPzuJUYV1Q4tNGN8kUSdc-AvWySYvafYPG3lM5FciRtEBWMMHXSxopnbg5tEbpJjtO7kV8bZnEdixlQXEW4T9h5uK3j_KIa9JogVRqU_ISiLvItD3dQ-GGWZHlkL5FwO4OwydAe8nZ-MbiiMfm-U9R_BlQxcR0FC5dJTtvFe4qOZWjk9oMirdhgTytOHTYB9lqpsR3HCtSg9SLAlwvglSsKJnIOzv_IcUf6ADBHzXybJdCpPFwXhDE3PSdc3N9fNYfv5eisygGkx0XyCMYgZDK4KEcIFDYmLgTQ2EBXU5wpoMXJvR9LzWDk-K9hPTyHncfJ4oObgtmwohj7cxFBmkikIpLO-Ai6bwxWA7VmEuBKX0AcbBdyfVq6A7YjFk3UPldhFKadoknCoAk4HaAUP5Ox4HnY0Qil4mvVoBb3bQeY8clvNFfKUbo4hWELVDLTgFIrlyrZVYlcRauniZFoAp0Acim9h-JQAjPhmK75__pD95JE-ZaKwiEessRGHwKsCp0mWhtqQQqiBdE6Qo4msJpl34kZefKuN-g_pxbc55zH7q1xer9elGPA5mcI3MSeVfBKWY8CYUFFMK1SRC6Xluvg06u16_U7Xx7b7Ouz3dfvH5NcbAb8XP8wVXHis9bMyXtnDZtd70pf0et1O7hGto_tJe1Nv01F7Mn57I0M6v4_HCzQfzTp3b866QtvPo9U0bCwmgb8qJsyzY68_t814GG5Ab1gxBvjp-W4a2q-jkf_b-Lk2YFTUB82e0bJXxcX619p4MIqx82OTFDvV-6nTjpNGAB4X42bTKTbDe7H6aND6GRjOsOh1w-fuw-OSz6r1fmjpd1ZitG4n_Wl4g3l3YfY6CzeKW3huzRrQDu-XMRq9vL4O_qWm23y4ffq14E8LZ-ZEQbdbbEzGwPVf4048CJ8r5uIB9a7JrJW4y3F3VYm9l87oKiW9vGO9lv1kxLIUbO-0SFT1tlgnjifGB01UilDebbvQR5hpOLapgDNcy6mq4Gzds1Xs2rZpqeAsy1XyT_dcFX2W7bqGAs7WLd1TwFUt3XBU9FUcU4W_alX3VPJmuY7tqvBiebqKe4ZZUWLFVcqaIEVpVZmmbepKOM_1lFafY6iwbOr2Z6uqVj7YUuImK3S1sqyE8qJLRCuT7-TD3U1aJ58RXGsMAurPB1wMXn46T2icaDEpaL8JCX_KA4bnlnTP3H1E7Z2T9R0EvAPibTWW0G11rmbv5aDRQqLn0rTmbyt0CvwhdFYdvVRxjd0nK91tERjb1m55PYA8_VE5YVD0FhIFYwhiEqWPpdlsSMyAuaC0_WQ9QBCKyW6gvMXiFMk-YfMAk6nS9NOoGwzY8hyoATHX6pMNYwBr27waKnrNM3pJsNGyOeBC9fUwwZBf7rUSG2ds30Ecwkv52GbDUCbkfGwqoVRPg_riHHLeJ8LZhdFm6_NLS8b6imb9KxnTv7w4dbWdpw3W8hx-llyFHKlZNBQsZlx8IeUfXaiVt_UrrdhpAUxPyySaoplA1Mrv___3H_vssCo=

Idk yet PB is a good choice or not, need to test out.
Last edited by BlueJasminez on Sep 4, 2018, 6:56:36 AM
"
shuruga2 wrote:
NOTE : I haven't said Darckscorn is mandatory, it's a cheap alternativ to start mapping.

Nobody's talking about despair, is it wotrhwhile trying to use it ?

I'm thinking about using a 4 link chain veil (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Heretic%27s_Veil) with despair,enlightment,herald of agony, wither.

Since most of the time in delve I'm killing ennmy directly at my feets, blashpemy should do the job.

Another point :

"

[...]

That's two very interresting idea.

EDIT : If I don't need full conversion then : /EDIT
If I drop despair, I could go : two heralds, Dendrobate, Lioneyes Glare, Snakebite, Atziri's promise.

(yeah I love snakebite, I'm not sure it's better than your core but i'll defintly be using it).

EDIT2 : since I'll use snakebite and have many dex, Lioneyes Glare 100% hit may be useless.

Any idea ?

What is your reason for using snakebite? I think it's useless for this build since we have no frenzy charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info