[3.4] Quill rain Auto Turret Caustic Arrow Trickster WIP(starter/budget)

Ghost Dance vs Weave the Arcane?
"
geddoe wrote:
Ghost Dance vs Weave the Arcane?
Personal preference, I really like the combined offensive and defensive buffs you get from ghost dance personally especially since I'm running through mobs with phasing. Feel free to try it out, it only takes 5 respec points to change between either.
Idk if I am blind, but you mentioned a leveling section... but I don't see it anywhere?

Thanks for PoB link, going to be following this build for my first SSF.
"
decyphier wrote:
Idk if I am blind, but you mentioned a leveling section... but I don't see it anywhere?

Thanks for PoB link, going to be following this build for my first SSF.

Sorry made an editing error seemed to just remove the whole leveling section even though its in there.
Wow, thanks for re-adding it so fast! Just in time b/c I got to bandits :)

SSF char is going well. I got insanely lucky and got a Quill drop in Delve @ lvl 10.
Are you aware Ghost Dance is bugged atm?

This still hasn't been fixed. Not sure if that's why we are using it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ysznz/bug_tricksters_ghost_dance_giving_20_more_evasion/
Last edited by decyphier on Sep 9, 2018, 1:20:48 AM
Weave the Arcane is much better especially on the beginning when I got some huge mana issues. Btw what makes the tureting effect? That quill rain bow or its something else?
"
dzikuslesio wrote:
Weave the Arcane is much better especially on the beginning when I got some huge mana issues. Btw what makes the tureting effect? That quill rain bow or its something else?

Quill Rain for the speed and Mirage Archer for the dupe.

I also have a few questions as I've been playing the build in SSF.

1. As far as passive tree goes, would going for chaos damage on the tree (Atrophy, Growth and Decay, etc nodes as you did), or going for poison and bow damage nodes like this PoB tree shows yield better results for the build?

https://pastebin.com/yYyx5k7Y

2. Is Smoke Mine really necessary? I understand the benefits of movement it provides, but it feels clunky to constantly keep up.

3. What is the point of Blight and Despair being used in this build? I haven't found ways to use them or fit them in, but I see you leveling the gems in your gear, as well as taking advantage of the Blight jewel bonuses in the tree.

4. Barrage or Toxic Rain for single target?
Last edited by decyphier on Sep 9, 2018, 11:14:16 AM
1. Not 100% sure I actually haven't compared full bow tree compared to chaos one, I'll have to look into it soon.

2. Up to you, I only have to do it every 14s, doesn't feel that clunky to me compared to some builds.

3. Ca is both chaos damage and a dot.
I keep it around for chaos resistant enemies, tanky rares and so i dont have to burn a flask usage every time I want a despair curse.
Cursed enemies have -(20-29)% to Chaos Resistance
Cursed enemies take (15-25)% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects

I only use the vaal blight part. 25%-50% inc chaos dmg from jewel and vaal blight makes hindered enemies take 20% increased chaos damage. 45% to 75%(two spreading rot jewels) inc chaos dmg and the slow is useful for fast melee mobs that stick to you. Feel free to drop it if you want for a different jewel.

4. I've had better success with 5l toxic rain over 5l barrage at the moment, but I also don't have the gear to make full use of barrage at the moment. Something I can look forward to testing later.
Last edited by SilkySnow_ on Sep 10, 2018, 1:35:50 AM
SOrry? where's LEVELING topik? =\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info