Dual Spork Totem Templar

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some help on how to optimize my upcoming levels. I'm running a CI dual spork totem templar. I've been having a great time, and i'm rolling through the content, but I can't help but feel like what I'm doing isn't optimized, so here I am, asking for some help.

My build at level 62:

Tentative build for level 70 (grab another agility node for more fork levels, and 6 crit nodes):

Tentative build for level 80 (3 energy shield delay nodes, 2 crit, 1 int, and Inner Force)

My current gear:
Spoiler

My current links:
Spoiler

4L: Spark-Totem-Fork-Lightning Penetration. (at level 70, i'm putting added cold damage for the fifth link so I can get some freezes in. Does doing this make Elemental Weakness better for the build than conductivity? or is the chance to shock on hit from conductivity better than the -cold resist for the little cold damage i have?)
4L: Reduced Mana-Raise Zombie-Minion Health-Conductivity (extra targets that aren't me or my totems. Not a real focus on the build. Just supplementary.)
4L: Reduced Mana-Purity-Discipline-Clarity
3L: Faster Casting-Lightning Warp-Portal (less of a window to get stunned while casting)
2L: Increased Duration-Conversion Trap

As you can see, I have an entire 4L open with nothing in it. Feedback on how to best use this space would be very nice.

Any feedback on the skill trees, and where to go, or how i should respec would be greatly appreciated. Or really any kind of advice or feedback at all. Thanks in advance!
Standard: ArcingTalon
Last edited by Sorites118 on Mar 4, 2013, 4:40:24 AM
Commenting on the lvl 70 build.

In terms of survivability your build looks pretty much fine you may consider taking the Elemental Resist SHield nodes at the starting area of the templar the extra rests would allow you to use a shield increasing your spell damage which might come in handy.

The only other thing to critizise is that you've taken quite a few raw damage nodes at the witch area but in fact spork doesn't really scale THAT well with these nodes grabbing more of the crit chance/multiplier nodes when heading to the shadow area of the tree would be more effective in terms of overall DPS.

And imo you should take faster casting as second support for Spark, penetration is decent but not as effective as fc.
"
Commenting on the lvl 70 build.

The only other thing to critizise is that you've taken quite a few raw damage nodes at the witch area but in fact spork doesn't really scale THAT well with these nodes grabbing more of the crit chance/multiplier nodes when heading to the shadow area of the tree would be more effective in terms of overall DPS.

And imo you should take faster casting as second support for Spark, penetration is decent but not as effective as fc.

As per the penetration vs FC point. Yes and no. Fighting an opponent with very high resist will benefit much more from penetration. Even only slightly resistant mobs.
The approach to the base of witch seems very inefficient. The shadow base seems like a better streak for spork.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbYFvnjxN2Ix2OtjsOMAaZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncRZ86yqJ-3z3VorLKf60h0Uj0bQ0JuhZ73ub6cIuJP316yYFLAA_RdQTC2CHohC8h3BxSy_7BjDbcHzbRk74eL3pyvC7LTFKwrBANsaEHv1S7468uFjQ-OEiGu29xEvmZrrYzowo_LAUXDVcFJd8n4zpJETnow2c7PwaxXn1U_ed7UE5CIpT4KbDH1FRzLREH_Gnn_GEZYOSJ2j_Ks=
Also, you can benefit quite a bit from a few points in specters. You are very close to both lord of the dead and additional specter. There are several outstanding mobs you can animate which survive very well with a life leech support while dishing out some seriously high damage. Well worth the loss of some damage nodes imo.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Mar 4, 2013, 3:58:14 AM
Anyone else have any opinions on respeccing into the shadow tree? What you say makes sense, but its a large invest of regrets for me, so I'd like to get some more input before I do it.
Standard: ArcingTalon
Rather than invest in regrets, you could just roll up a new character. The time it takes to get to level 62 is less than the time it takes to get to 75 from 72 in my experience. Its all good though. You arent completely missing out as your build stands now. Its just a bit different. Very respectable.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info