[3.4] Tanky Totem SRS + Skelly Mage Occultist

Check out this sexy build! https://pastebin.com/RSLqK76R

What's happening here?
Spoiler
Here we have an interesting variation of a totem build, as an occultist .. and as a summoner

"Totem" 1 - Summon 8 - 10 Skeleton mages doing 35K AOE projectile damage across the screen. They will hinder and apply ash, but will die slowly from the earendel's debuff. That's O.K. though because we reposition these guys all the time. About 300K Shaper DPS

"totem" 2 - 3 X totems each summoning 2 SRS per second. About 3 seconds to get 20 minions. Each SRS does about 70K DPS, totalling 1.4 million shaper DPS with about a 4 second ramp up time.

This gives us a total of 1.7 Million Shaper DPS .. But, This is also dependent on our Spectres providing frenzy charges, us hitting with arc, and us casting flesh offering. If we don't do these things, our DPS drops to about 800K. This is still acceptable because the damage is augmented by exploding enemies (Approximately 6% of their max life per enemy killed). Also the build has some nice base Defences.

Defences

Spoiler
- All our damage is done from a super safe distance. Skelly Mages have about 1.5 screen range, and raging spirits have 7.5 seconds, decent movespeed, plus very slowed enemies to seek out
- The cheap version gets to about 4K life and 4K energy shield. The expensive version passes 5K life and 5K energy shield without any ridiculous expectations.
- Malediction makes enemies do 10% less damage
- We get up to 30% of energy shield regenerated per second
- 25% block chance, 10% spell block chance
- Enemies are really slowed, with 20% movespeed loss from Ash, 30% movespeed loss from hinder, and 50% slow from temporal chains.
- We have enough space for decent movespeed on boots, we are not spending much time casting, so we kite easily
- Curse immune once we can afford atziri's reflection
- Stun immune almost all the time
- (optional) Plenty of opportunity to fit in freeze and chill immunity via dream fragments

Items

Spoiler
Core for this verion (but can be changed in other variations)
- Earendels Embrace
- Soul mantle

Final Form Mandatory Expensive items
- A Badass Elder Rare Bone Helmet
- Atziri's reflection Shield
- 6 Link Soul Mantle
- Command of the Pit Gloves

Final Form optional Expensive items
- A few good Ghastly eye Jewels
- A watchers Eye with clarity, anger or discipline mods
- Rings, belt, boots, amulet with enough resists plus good defence rolls
- Level 4 enlighten
- Level 21 active skill gems + 20% quality gems
- corruptions
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Sep 17, 2018, 4:04:59 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2018, 9:54:39 AM
I did not quite understand your skill setup. Where are spell totems and why you have 7 active skills enabled in body ?

Edit: ah, Soul Mantle..
Last edited by KeeperSG on Aug 31, 2018, 1:37:05 PM
Atziri's reflection Shield...sure
"
Atziri's reflection Shield...sure

Nothing wrong with having a dream :)
"
I did not quite understand your skill setup. Where are spell totems and why you have 7 active skills enabled in body ?

Edit: ah, Soul Mantle..

Also, additional accuracy is linked to until PoB adds the "command of the pit" gloves. Arcane surge is linked to arc for the same reason.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Aug 31, 2018, 4:48:22 PM
Why do you take Elemental Weakness as a curse instead of Flammability ?
Avatar on fire on summonned skeleton and fire damages from SRS
"
Why do you take Elemental Weakness as a curse instead of Flammability ?
Avatar on fire on summonned skeleton and fire damages from SRS

Well spotted, it remains from when I was testing hatred. I fixed up the PoB link, thanks!

Any video of Deathless Guardian, Shaper ?
Hi! I'm intrigued by this build idea. I have played on a witch based on your phyaical skeletons+zombies build with the best results I've ever gotten in PoE. She's at level 94 now, which is pleasing for an old (70) noob like me. I like to try out your Tanky Totem SRS+Skelly Mage Occultist on another witch but when I load your path of building guide into the current version of the app, I can't see which gems are in which item. I get the same gem list no matter which item I select. This isn't useful. Am I missing something that is obvious to most players?

What I can see in the Path of Building guide is the colors of the gem slots on each item. That is useful, but it leaves too much to guesswork for such much-less-than-expert players as I am.

Is there any chance you could make a tiny guide in the Witch forum on the Path of Exile site for this build idea that shows your suggested gear and what gems go where? That would be so great!
binaryreed
Hi binaryreed, glad you enjoyed the other build!

I'm curious what got you started on this game at 70. Kudos.

I found the problem, which is that I made the link before a path of building update. I'll paste a new link shortly.

Meanwhile, having tested this totem build, be warned. It is clunky in that it needs a lot of button pushing, and totem placement speed is slow, and i did not test it much, as i had much greater success with phantasms than srs. It does not have great synergy, and i'm pretty sure srs is only meant as a levelling skill. The stats on it are just too low for endgame.

I recommend you check out the 'drunken moonwalker' occultist build which is cheaper, less button pushing, safer and will easily get to delve depth 250 and do red maps. I tested that one to level 94, and it was fast and smooth except for labrynth traps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info